Finnegan Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 1 minute ago, Tanya said: I think he was trying to find KDH so a bit of a shame Patson got dudded out of an assist. I hope he gets some gametime tonight. The game will likely be stretched (especially if it's still in the balance from the 60 minute mark). I'd love to hit PSV on the break, cheeky sucker punch goal I think we can all safely say he made that goal. 2
Happy Fox Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Play him in a two upfront with Nacho and I guarantee you he will score goals. But Rodgers is not going to change from one upfront.
Tanya Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Just now, Finnegan said: I think we can all safely say he made that goal. KDH? Absolutely. I just think Patson did a good thing pressuring the centreback and having the presence of mind not to shoot himself. I agree Daka isn't playing as well as he was a few months ago, I just disagree with the people who say he doesn't have any potential for us going forward. 1
ronnup Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 The lad will come good, he's got all the natural attributes , he just needs to learn how to play our system and in our league, which is hard playing 1 minutes here and there. Patience 4
dnewty Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 10 minutes ago, ronnup said: The lad will come good, he's got all the natural attributes , he just needs to learn how to play our system and in our league, which is hard playing 1 minutes here and there. Patience We were patient with Vardy so let’s give this lad a chance. 1
Finnegan Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 14 minutes ago, Tanya said: KDH? Absolutely. I just think Patson did a good thing pressuring the centreback and having the presence of mind not to shoot himself. I agree Daka isn't playing as well as he was a few months ago, I just disagree with the people who say he doesn't have any potential for us going forward. No Daka. You were mentioning Daka got robbed of the assist, I'm saying that even if he didn't get the stat we can all agree it was his work that made it. He fought for the ball, had the composure to stop and turn to check for team mates and then picked out KDH, whether it took an inconsequential nick off Madders or not. 1
Tanya Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 21 minutes ago, Finnegan said: No Daka. You were mentioning Daka got robbed of the assist, I'm saying that even if he didn't get the stat we can all agree it was his work that made it. He fought for the ball, had the composure to stop and turn to check for team mates and then picked out KDH, whether it took an inconsequential nick off Madders or not. You're right. One thing he does have in common with Vardy: for a striker, he's quite unselfish 1
Finnegan Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 3 minutes ago, Tanya said: You're right. One thing he does have in common with Vardy: for a striker, he's quite unselfish Massively. He reminds me of Vardy in almost every way really, just more rough around the edges which Vardy was himself when he was Dakas age. I'd say Daka is probably a more composed finisher off both feet but he doesn't have anywhere near the quality of Vardy's movement off the ball yet. But otherwise there's a lot of similarities in his game. You can see why we targeted him. 4
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Grrrrrr. Thought his strength was supposed to be pace and finishing.
CH1_Fox Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 That miss aside, I thought he was loads better tonight to be fair. Didn’t look completely lost. This lad needs to play in a two… 1
Devonfox1884 Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 They were scared of his pace - that in itself helped create space for others. 1
Wasyls Pec Deck Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 He’s got assets and he’ll get better. Thought he did well when he came on. Shame he didn’t finish it, but luckily Ricky was behind him to slot it. 4
The Horse's Mouth Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Thought he looked bright but he's just lacking that confidence in front of goal, think it could be a bit of a kelechi thing when he finally gets off mark again he'll be smashing them in 1
Tanya Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Nice to see him getting in positions. I think with more playing minutes he'd start scoring. Missed a huge chance but it was his shot that deflected to Riccy. I thought he looked decent again when he came on. 1
CrispinLA in Texas Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Big improvement from Sunday, so unlucky not to score today rather than a miss
Ric Flair Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Much better all round play, bad miss but that's literally the first chances he's had in weeks. Hopefully a platform to build on, now to somehow find something for Barnes to hold on to, rough ride for him. The natives aren't happy.
dmayne7 Posted 14 April 2022 Posted 14 April 2022 Also that miss should be a pen. I know they are never given but if you gamble as a defender to put off the striker and then make contact after the ball has gone, it has to be a foul. 3
deep blue Posted 15 April 2022 Posted 15 April 2022 4 hours ago, dmayne7 said: Also that miss should be a pen. I know they are never given but if you gamble as a defender to put off the striker and then make contact after the ball has gone, it has to be a foul. I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy. I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly. 3
Tanya Posted 15 April 2022 Posted 15 April 2022 1 hour ago, deep blue said: I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy. I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly. I know I'm praising Daka to high heaven (and I concede a lot of the criticism of him are valid) he does seem awfully humble and willing to learn. And there's no one better than Jamie Vardy. He's a lucky boy to learn from the best. 1
Guest Col city fan Posted 15 April 2022 Posted 15 April 2022 If he was playing week-in week out he’d have buried that chance He snatched at it cos he’s rusty. A regular, on-form striker simply slots that away It must be difficult for him knowing he’s third choice at the moment If he doesn’t start playing more next season I think he’ll put in a transfer request
majaco Posted 15 April 2022 Posted 15 April 2022 Daka could become the real thing. I think we will sell Iheanacho who, for me, is too inconsistent. If Rodgers is refreshing the squad, some have to go. It is hard to see Bertrand, Vestegaard, Choudhury and Perez being part of the squad next season. Tielemans and Soyuncu could go. Daka, with time, will suit our style of play. He has pace and awareness. As yet, he is not up to the pace of the Premier League but it is only a matter of time. Iheanacho could raise funds. Personally, I hope to see Daka start on Sunday.
Nalis Posted 15 April 2022 Posted 15 April 2022 5 hours ago, deep blue said: I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy. I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly. I thought thats what he was going to do but never mind, he made decent space for himself a few times and with a bit more confidence he'll put these types of chances away.
Recommended Posts