Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

51 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Leicester handed boost ahead of Italian clash

The Foxes will be keen to kick their Europa League campaign off with a win, and may well have been handed a triple boost.

This comes as a result of quarantine rules upon coming to England after the international break, with travellers having to quarantine for ten days in a hotel if they arrive from a red list country.

As per Italian outlet CalcioMercarto, three Napoli players are set to fall foul of this rule, in the form of Victor Osimhen, David Ospina and Kalidou Koulibaly. Koulibaly has been an ever-present for the south Italian outfit thus far, while Osimhen was sent off in the season opener.

Ospina won't be much of a miss as he is 2nd choice keeper for them anyway

Both Koulibaly and Osimhen will be a big miss though

Osimhen will likely be replaced by Petagna who is a big flat track bully striker - Mertens probably wont start as he has only just started training again following injury

Koulibaly will likely be replaced by Rrahmani who is a decent centre back

Their line up with the above players missing will probably look like:

Meret

Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Rrahmani, Rui

Ruiz, Lobotka, Elmas

Politano, Petagna, Insigne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, happy85 said:

The Foxes will be keen to kick their Europa League campaign off with a win, and may well have been handed a triple boost.

This comes as a result of quarantine rules upon coming to England after the international break, with travellers having to quarantine for ten days in a hotel if they arrive from a red list country.

As per Italian outlet CalcioMercarto, three Napoli players are set to fall foul of this rule, in the form of Victor Osimhen, David Ospina and Kalidou Koulibaly. Koulibaly has been an ever-present for the south Italian outfit thus far, while Osimhen was sent off in the season opener.

If I was a betting man I would wager that these players will somehow be available for the game.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Doubt it for any possible away support. Not really the sort to bother with those.

Nah I'm not but it was by my route into town and it did help build up some atmosphere and was decent for people who weren't going to the game too but wanted to be involved.

I suppose it wouldn't be the same with no away fans anyway.

31 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

who's going moscow?

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Know of two who booked it today with the news of quarantine changes.

Was unaware that they've relaxed the rules. Thanks for the updates!  .....After a quick Google read, it also seems If a local approved Russian travel agency runs a 'tour', then a visa will come automatically as part of any organised trip 

On 03/09/2021 at 08:41, StriderHiryu said:

Experience is huge though. We got beaten by Slavia Prague, whereas Arsenal dealt with them comfortably in the end, despite being a worse team that us. We should be in much better shape this season, winning the FA Cup was huge for our confidence and despite not playing well in many games this calendar year, we have got a knack of grinding out results and seeing out games. When we are away from home and protecting a narrow lead, that experience will be vital.

That wasn't down to experience though, it was down to use being absolutely awful. I've never brought in to the whole experience required in Europe thing. These lads play at the very highest level and our players come from varying different countries and backgrounds. It's a very weak excuse for me.

Slavia were just a big strong team that could counter attack us, much like West Ham but a lot worse. We had a threadbare squad and looked like we couldn't be bothered in the second leg after missing some very good chances in the first leg to put the game to bed. I'm convinced we threw the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That wasn't down to experience though, it was down to use being absolutely awful. I've never brought in to the whole experience required in Europe thing. These lads play at the very highest level and our players come from varying different countries and backgrounds. It's a very weak excuse for me.

Slavia were just a big strong team that could counter attack us, much like West Ham but a lot worse. We had a threadbare squad and looked like we couldn't be bothered in the second leg after missing some very good chances in the first leg to put the game to bed. I'm convinced we threw the game.

Agreed, we took care of Braga at home quite rudely and away from home where we'd been very sloppy, we still managed to fight back 3 times to get a point. Against Slavia we were just dog muck and it's annoying but not so sure it was because we were naive from a lack of European football.

On 03/09/2021 at 12:10, happy85 said:

What about Ndidi and Kel for us? Or am I missing something here? 😂