Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone looking to have a longer spell in Italy around the Napoli game - on the Friday after it’s the Genoa derby 

Bit of a mission from Naples but trains are decent I guess.

Wish I hadn’t read this post… Atalanta Villarreal the night before, flight that morning getting into Naples at 9am for £20.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t think I’ve fully appreciated just how much of a shit hole Naples is. Just watching a YouTube video about it, wow.

Mate. It's grim, especially the outskirts. Its like looking at a Brazilian favela in parts. Families living under plastic sheets, under flyovers etc.

It really is a bit minging in parts.

On 03/09/2021 at 00:52, Dan LCFC said:

I dunno, I think there's little between us. Both of us would've been hoping to avoid each other though the more you look around, the more you feel that it would be a real shock if it wasn't us two going through.

Was mentioned earlier in this thread but I listen to that totally football show and the Russian journo on it went on a rant today specifically about the state of Spartak Moscow. We ought to be beating them comfortably, really.

Napoli will be hard though. It's a good squad and a hard place to go to. A win away there in-particular would be seriously impressive. Top spot gets a bye to the round of 16 now which would keep things competitive.

Yeah just listened to that and Spartak appear to be in an internal meltdown. If we don't come at least second in this group it's a failure. Win our first game against Napoli and we could even snatch top spot. 

Yeah, friendly heads up to be vigilant in Naples. I’ve travelled fairly extensively as a backpacker and non resort based tourist over the years and been in a few sticky situations.

The one in Naples was with a girlfriend at the time. As we walked out of the main area of the city a group of young men on bikes and motorbikes being really rowdy and drinking blocked an entrance to a walled park. I did what most would do and carry on walking down the road  so not to have to push through them with girl in tow. What transpired quite quickly was that I was walking into dead end for traffic, a single alleyway, a load more lads at the bottom and the ones from the park entrance were now closing us down from behind.

Something grim was undoubtedly going to happen this was not their first rodeo and we had obviously been marked way up the road by guys passing on the peds and bikes. We turned round, walked back and got confronted immediately- we walked out in to the middle of the road and began walking up it, with me shouting very aggressively at them whilst keeping in walking. Got back to the park entrance which was still blocked by only one geezer now on a bike who got pushed over and we legged it through the park and into people and then a cafe and a busy street.

The whole thing was over in about 2 mins but they had us marked for at least 4 mins previously. It was 15 years ago but I just remember it being a bit gritty so thought I’d share. Be vigilant foxes.

Aim to stay near the port area if your going to Napoli because thats where the police bus fans direct to the stadium for European  games. 

If your further afield your more likely to get picked off especially after the game in December when it’ll be dark.

It’s basically the Italian version of Liverpool as a city in that they see themselves as separate to the rest of the country.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've posted this video before but it's probably worth sharing again now there's a good chance we'll get tickets. 

Exactly what I expect knowing how they treat football fans in Italy. Scary stuff though really 

6 minutes ago, blurryface said:

What was it, I kinda want to watch it and then still ultimately decide that it will be worth going.

It was just a normal top 10 things to do in Naples video. Half of which were actually outside Naples and the half that were in were just places to eat.

Narrow, dark, tall, busy streets. If you want a flavour of the football experience we can expect watch the video about Swansea posted above.

I don't wish to be the one who says bad news.... but... 

Legia away probably won't happen for us. 

Poland have declared a state of emergency. Few of the lads have gone out for England tomorrow and taxi driver reckons they'll be in lockdown come 2 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I don't wish to be the one who says bad news.... but... 

Legia away probably won't happen for us. 

Poland have declared a state of emergency. Few of the lads have gone out for England tomorrow and taxi driver reckons they'll be in lockdown come 2 weeks. 

Just googled this and it is to do with a migrant situation on the Belarus border. Fingers crossed that gets sorted but do maybe wishfully think that would not change anything covid related.