Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

13 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t think I’ve fully appreciated just how much of a shit hole Naples is. Just watching a YouTube video about it, wow.

I love Italy and have been on about 60 city trips and a few holidays over the last 20 years, but the one city I found you had to be careful in was Napoli. My least favourite Italian destination, the one good thing about it is that literally less than two minutes driving out of the airport you are on the motorway heading south to Pompeii / Sorrento / Amalfi Coast. 

When we were last there the local youths used to ride around three on a scooter looking for a bit of aggro, although to be fair the police have tried to clamp down on it and anyone they catch they confiscate and crush the scooter.

Having said that Rome can be just as bad. When England drew a World Cup qualifier 0-0 back in 1997 we had to walk back to the city centre and there were loads of scooters driving around with the pillion passenger waving a knife in the air looking for away fans. 

Just be vigilant. 

52 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I love Italy and have been on about 60 city trips and a few holidays over the last 20 years, but the one city I found you had to be careful in was Napoli. My least favourite Italian destination, the one good thing about it is that literally less than two minutes driving out of the airport you are on the motorway heading south to Pompeii / Sorrento / Amalfi Coast. 

When we were last there the local youths used to ride around three on a scooter looking for a bit of aggro, although to be fair the police have tried to clamp down on it and anyone they catch they confiscate and crush the scooter.

Having said that Rome can be just as bad. When England drew a World Cup qualifier 0-0 back in 1997 we had to walk back to the city centre and there were loads of scooters driving around with the pillion passenger waving a knife in the air looking for away fans. 

Just be vigilant. 

It's like that in Palermo. Well, used to be, not been there for a few years. 

57 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Just be vigilant. 

I was in Rome for Ukraine game.  Admittedly we weren't playing Italy, but the England fans were generally welcomed.  Pretty sure the reception we get in Napoli will not be as nice though!  Do you think some fans will base themselves in Sorrento and get the train in to Naples? Or you think Sorrento will be half shutdown in December as tourist season over.

While there is always a (small) chance of being a victim of local thugs in Naples, I think many are over reacting to the minority of Neaploitans who will be out for a bit of aggro.

Yes, there's a few, mainly youths, out there who want to be total coonts, the same can be said for many European cities.

Get yourselves out there, enjoy an atmospheric City & if you have the time see one or more of Pompeii, Vesuvius, Amalfi coast, Capri, Sorrento.

We may not be European contenders for ever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Napoli's 1st choice and 2nd choice DMs (Demme and Lobotka) are out injured and will definitely miss our game, probably means Anguissa (on loan from Fulham) plays instead, probably play his 1st game for them this weekend vs Juventus

Anguissa was Motm at our place for Fulham last season …..

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Napoli's 1st choice and 2nd choice DMs (Demme and Lobotka) are out injured and will definitely miss our game, probably means Anguissa (on loan from Fulham) plays instead, probably play his 1st game for them this weekend vs Juventus

Isn’t anguissa one of the players who won’t be allowed to travel here ?

I might be wrong 

26 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Isn’t anguissa one of the players who won’t be allowed to travel here ?

I might be wrong 

He played in Ivory Coast for Cameroon on Monday and both countries are on the amber list so he will be okay I think - not sure why he was named in that article

Got chatting to a couple of Liverpool fans in Fuerteventura the summer after we won the league. They warned if we drew Napoli (in the upcoming champions league draw) that they drive around the city on mopeds with knifes on the end of a stick! I don’t know if anyone else has heard that before but something to keep an eye on, it’s something that’s always stuck with me. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Got chatting to a couple of Liverpool fans in Fuerteventura the summer after we won the league. They warned if we drew Napoli (in the upcoming champions league draw) that they drive around the city on mopeds with knifes on the end of a stick! I don’t know if anyone else has heard that before but something to keep an eye on, it’s something that’s always stuck with me. 

Heard it before from United. Not so much on sticks but in their hands. 

Bike chains too.

19 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Heard it before from United. Not so much on sticks but in their hands. 

Bike chains too.

This from Scousers & Mancs. Best never leave your house, you never know what might happen.

16 minutes ago, boots60 said:

This from Scousers & Mancs. Best never leave your house, you never know what might happen.

Strange comment? 

I mean. The mancs yeah, the said incident he/I was referring too goes down as one of the most violent troubles ever seen. Well documented in the Red Army book too.

Best not leave your house though hey. 

Nothing like a heads up or anything is there 🤪

48 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

.. rather unfortunate use of word!!!

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I must admit I did have this vague memory of Napoli fans being a bit stabby, but that was long time ago.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

1. Fill this before arriving in Poland 

https://www.gov.pl/web/gov/fill-in-the-passenger-locator-form

2. Within 72 hours of your flight, have a test - can be any form of test provided it’s from one of the approved suppliers, can’t use NHS tests but this can be taken in the UK if it’s within your 72 hour window (ie you fly to and from Poland in 72 hours) 

Cheapest I found here - Test to Return to UK:
https://www.chronomics.com/test-to-return - £28
https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/virtual-lateral-flow-test/ - £25

3. Before return to UK, fill out another passenger form - the details of your 72 hour test are required to this form - https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

4. You must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive in England – arrival day is day 0

Cheapest I found here - 
PCR:
https://travel.livingcare.co.uk/product/day-2/ - £65
https://covid.randox.com/day-2/ - £48

You are hired! Thanks mate, appreciate this!