Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

People are scared of the atmosphere and cold weather in Russia and Poland but if you actually look at the recent results of both Spartak and Legia, you will see that the quality isn't there. We are overwhelming favourites to go through. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Reminded who we play after each game :)

How our games work out along with EL 

16th Sept - EL 1

19th Sept - Brighton away 

30th Sept - EL 2

3rd Oct - Palace away 

21st Oct - EL 3

24th Oct - Brentford away 

4th Nov - EL 4

7th Nov - Leeds away

25th Nov - EL 5

28th Nov - Watford home

9th Dec - EL 6

12th Dec - Newcastle home 

Are the latter 3 PL games guaranteed to be moved to those dates?

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Was just about to come and post this. Makes it very difficult for anyone as you will need a Covid test whilst in the country. 

If you are going for a day or two you can take the test in the UK before you set off. Lots can change before October/November/December anyway.

31 minutes ago, brucey said:

Are the latter 3 PL games guaranteed to be moved to those dates?

They'll either be the Sunday or the Monday, can't be the Saturday as we play on the Thursday.

Watford will be the Sunday 28th November because we play Southampton away on 1st December. Newcastle will probably be Sunday 12th December as well because we play Spurs on Tuesday 14th December.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Makes me wonder if we never learned enough from last season’s group stage.

This provides a sterner test and hopefully a better chance to learn more about our European tactics for the latter rounds, if we’re successful enough.

Translation: We finish bottom and get well and truly rodgered 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, mad biker said:

All 3 are on the amber list, not sure how that pans out for day trippers ?

Most will be fully vaccinated now, so amber list makes no difference. The only real uncertainty is how the host country treats arrivals from the UK. I'm going for a day trip to Paris next weekend, no issues.

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Leicester will actually be playing at the 'Diego Armando Maradona stadium' competitively. **** yeah

I hope our fans in attendance show some respect to Maradona by not being “pissed up, aggressive and stoned” in the stadium bearing his name 

Just got in after a long drive to find out about the draw.

Naples, eh?

There is a famous saying "vedi Napoli e poi muori" - "see Naples and then die."

I think it means that Naples is so lovely you have to put it on your bucket list, but given what I read about their fans, maybe not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I hope our fans in attendance show some respect to Maradona by not being “pissed up, aggressive and stoned” in the stadium bearing his name 

You are talking about the Maradona who cheated us, took copious amount of drugs and physically assaulted / beat up his girlfriend? 

• Haha 1

This is a very difficult group. About as tricky as we could have got if you factor in the travelling etc. Personally think we will do well to finish second. Napoli far the best team in the group and will win it at a canter then the rest of us are much the same except I'd say we will find it more difficult away in hostile stadia than sides travelling to Leicester will.

It would be best to play Moscow away first to get that out of the way whilst the weather is better.

Really need a fit squad to have any chance here.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

It does 

Is there any way we can get out of European competition this season? Seems you qualify but then you can't leave - like the hotel California. The worst result would be third place and tumbling into the San Miguel's conference or whatever it's called.