Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Napoli, Spartak Moscow & Legia Warsaw

Where will we finish?   

563 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish

Phew, not the kindest of draws but it will certainly be a litmus test of just where we are in terms of european competition. I think we can really start to believe if we come out on top of this group. As ourselves and Napoli were joint favourites i wonder what this draw has done to the odds (not that i am a betting man)

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Think we’ll finish third. 
I see us losing a game at home against either Moscow or Warsaw and it costing us second. 

I would be very disappointed with anything less than 2nd. We should be pushing to win the group but it won't be easy. Get 7 points at home and 4 away, that should be a good target.

Glass half empty:

We’ve got a really good Italian team and two cold trips to really awkward clubs who will be cynical, professional and hard to beat. All three clubs will be way more experienced in Europe than us. We’ll be doing really well to finish second.

Glass half full:

If Napoli were that good they’d be in the Champions League, and the other two are nothing special. With our improved squad depth there’s no reason why we can’t win this group.

Realistically we’ll have to play well to get through, but it’s certainly possible. The other teams are probably all thinking they’d rather not have drawn us (that sounds odd to say, but is probably true).

• Like 2

Cor blimey, seem to be more snarky posts comparing our support with these teams than actual analysis of how we're going to do.

Any more hot takes to come about how we'll be "SHOWN UP" "CLAPPER BRIDAGE" etc etc or shall we just wait until it happens, because we know it's going to.

Yes we'll be shown up, yes some of you will CRINGE at it. Do we really need endless post after endless post?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What a delicious tournament this is. The names in it are everything I love about European football. 

An absolute honour to be invited into it. 

It certainly is.

I hope we take it seriously though and try and top the group, otherwise we could easily find ourselves dropping into the conference league. 

Actually really looking forward to this. As many have said the EL for me has far more interest than CL where the same old teams trot out every year (and yes i know i would not be saying that if we were in it). We actually have a half decent chance of winning this, although we certainly do not have an easy group, and we will need some of our injured players back and fully fighting fit for some of the games if we are going to progress.

Hopefully the fixtures will be kind to us as the trips to Warsaw and Moscow will be long and tedious for the squad, especially if later on in the group, when the weather starts to turn. Is it better to get them out of the way early, before bad weather, frozen pitches, long trips further into the season etc. Or is it better that these trips come later when we have a few more players available after injury lay offs as that gives us more rotation options to combat fatigue both in these games and the league?

Street fighter mentality. If we can make it out of this group then we're winning the whole thing. Given the injuries we have our mentality/fortitude will have to be hitting on all cylinders. If we don't show up mentally then we don't deserve to stay. Lets get ready to rumble.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

What a delicious tournament this is. The names in it are everything I love about European football. 

An absolute honour to be invited into it. 

Technically we weren't invited; we've earnt the right to be there.

• Like 2