Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was saying this at the weekend to my mate we are going to be caught with one or two of these moving on a free or much reduced transfer free 

 

tielemans worry’s  me the most 

 

Perez is CRAP (edit 🤣🤣)

 

but Tielemans can move to virtually any club in Europe right now and he will play this well I would imagine 

 

 

 

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane
Posted

So that's 4 players the club needs to work on extended their contracts or 3 if we bin of Perez next summer. We already know that's in progress with Youri and their were rumours talks with Cags were going to start soon.

Vardy (37), Evans (35) will go down to their last year and could end up retiring at the end of their current contracts. Kasper will probably get another year. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

As much as we really want at least 1 top winger in this window (as well as Lookman), I think we need to focus on our biggest issue right now....Contracts.

 

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Pereira, Perez, Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel.....All free agents in 2023.

 

I think our biggest test this season, is getting most of the above resigned.

IF we do that, then we're in an incredible position next summer, to focus on bringing in a couple of very good wide options + a number 10/attacking 8.

 

Big Dan Amartey out of contract in 2022....He deserves another one, never lets us down and I'm not sure we're gonna get a better utility player.

I wonder if these contracts being lined up is what's impacting us financially in this window?  Contract renewal isn't anything new but usually there might be a small increase in weekly wage with a 'double your money' type deal on a rarer occasion.

 

That list however is going to see some pretty large increases all coming about at the same time which is going to be costly. 

 

I'd imagine Tielemans would demand £200k a week? Ricardo £150k? Both those at least doubling their money. 

 

Kasper is on quite a wedge now so he'll probably be looking to negotiate more when he gets a glimpse of Youri's figures.

 

Does Kasper or Vardy have anything in their contract to match highest earner I wonder? 

 

Edited by Collymore
Posted
4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I wonder if these contracts being lined up is what's impacting us financially in this window?  Contract renewal isn't anything new but usually there might be a small increase in weekly wage with a 'double your money' type deal on a rarer occasions.

 

That list however is going to see some pretty large increases all coming about at the same time which is going to be costly. 

 

I'd imagine Tielemans would demand £200k a week? Ricardo £150k? Both those at least doubling their money. 

 

Kasper is on quite a wedge now so he'll probably be looking to negotiate more when he gets a glimpse of Youri's figures.

 

Does Kasper or Vardy have anything in their contract to match highest earner I wonder? 

 

Yes and this is an on going problem we will face. We sign young players on relatively low wages but due to the on the pitch successes their salary demands will increase significantly within 2 years of signing. With a wage bill at 80%+ of our overall income and the commercial revenue of a mid table club, contract renewals of top 4 standard players will impact our transfer budget. 

 

Spurs and Liverpool faced similar issues when their model was buying young players, who improved massively under Poch and Klopp. After winning the UCL, Liverpool spent very little in the transfer market as they allocated funds into renewing contracts of their star players who were on relatively low wages.

 

  • Like 3
Posted
1 minute ago, turlo said:

Yes and this is an on going problem we will face. We sign young players on relatively low wages but due to the on the pitch successes their salary demands will increase significantly within 2 years of signing. With a wage bill at 80%+ of our overall income and the commercial revenue of a mid table club, contract renewals of top 4 standard players will impact our transfer budget. 

 

Spurs and Liverpool faced similar issues when their model was buying young players, who improved massively under Poch and Klopp. After winning the UCL, Liverpool spent very little in the transfer market as they allocated funds into renewing contracts of their star players who were on relatively low wages.

 

Yes bang on. 

 

Very hard to forecast which isn't good for a business. Also the chance that a player can dig their heals in and not sign leaving you without the transfer fee which would have a massive knock on effect. 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

As much as we really want at least 1 top winger in this window (as well as Lookman), I think we need to focus on our biggest issue right now....Contracts.

 

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Pereira, Perez, Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel.....All free agents in 2023.

 

I think our biggest test this season, is getting most of the above resigned.

IF we do that, then we're in an incredible position next summer, to focus on bringing in a couple of very good wide options + a number 10/attacking 8.

 

Big Dan Amartey out of contract in 2022....He deserves another one, never lets us down and I'm not sure we're gonna get a better utility player.

Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel our at the stage of having Morgan/Fuchs type of extension by the end of 2023 Vardy 36, Schmeichel.37, Evans 35

 

I'd imagine Tielemans will be going new contract or not, it just effects how much.

 

Soyuncu, Pereira, Perez, I expect these will sign new contracts in due course 

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kasper leave on a free for one last challenge. I doubt we'd stand in his way either. 

 

Don't know why just can't imagine him ending his career here, I know he loves it has he's won stuff... but I just imagine him having a go at a big European club before hanging up his gloves. 

Posted

Pretty sure the Merc reported that new deals were on the table for Soyuncu and Ricky the other day as well as the Tielemans issue. By the time Vardy's an issue he'll be 36 heading for 37. Evans will be heading for 35. If needed, both will be getting rolling extensions. I'd imagine by 2023 Schmeichel will be in a similar position and may be not the number one at that point. Either way, the elephant doesn't bother me, between the club and the agents it'll be dealt with.

  • Like 2
Posted
17 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Pretty sure the Merc reported that new deals were on the table for Soyuncu and Ricky the other day as well as the Tielemans issue. By the time Vardy's an issue he'll be 36 heading for 37. Evans will be heading for 35. If needed, both will be getting rolling extensions. I'd imagine by 2023 Schmeichel will be in a similar position and may be not the number one at that point. Either way, the elephant doesn't bother me, between the club and the agents it'll be dealt with.

Sense. 

Posted
On 31/08/2021 at 12:02, Collymore said:

I wonder if these contracts being lined up is what's impacting us financially in this window?  Contract renewal isn't anything new but usually there might be a small increase in weekly wage with a 'double your money' type deal on a rarer occasion.

 

That list however is going to see some pretty large increases all coming about at the same time which is going to be costly. 

 

I'd imagine Tielemans would demand £200k a week? Ricardo £150k? Both those at least doubling their money. 

 

Kasper is on quite a wedge now so he'll probably be looking to negotiate more when he gets a glimpse of Youri's figures.

 

Does Kasper or Vardy have anything in their contract to match highest earner I wonder? 

 

Don’t think Ricardo will be likely to get his contract doubled at this stage.

Depends if he is fully recovered and how his season pans out.

Posted

I think what this transfer window has also taught us is its not that easy to overhaul the squad. 25 players might seem like a lot but there's quite a restriction on brining in players and being able to name them all without moving on some others who we might ordinarily try and keep.

 

It's even harder with the EL/CL squads where x 4 of the 25 man squad have to be academy produced players over the age of 21. That's not easy for a club our size, having the ability to have 4 players good enough to be in the squad. It's no good signing players and them not be able to play in Europe as well, they'd not be impressed with that so its quite a challenge.

 

This is another reason why I get so annoyed about what we were doing with our academy, it really has to be a conveyor belt of talent if we are serious about being a top 6 team year in, year out. Investment has to be as much a priority at that level as it is the first team to keep it all in sync and not cause any bumps in the road. 

  • Like 3
Posted
6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

 

It's even harder with the EL/CL squads where x 4 of the 25 man squad have to be academy produced players over the age of 21. That's not easy for a club our size, having the ability to have 4 players good enough to be in the squad.

Harder still seeing as unless all four are so good they’re regular starters, you need four academy-produced players over 21 who are good enough to be in the squad and also happy to stick around at Leicester even though they’ll hardly ever play! That’s a tall order!

  • Like 1
Posted
21 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Harder still seeing as unless all four are so good they’re regular starters, you need four academy-produced players over 21 who are good enough to be in the squad and also happy to stick around at Leicester even though they’ll hardly ever play! That’s a tall order!

Exactly, it's really difficult for a team like us if we are regulars in Europe. The traditional big 6 find it easy as all the academies are well oiled machines and they also spend a fortune on the best 15-17 year olds in the hope they can tick the academy trained players box too if needs be. The recent changes to transfers in this country makes that impossible now to do from the EU.

 

Even so, its good to see we do seem to be trying to focus a bit more on our academy and improve it. Whether these current UEFA rules on European squads is fit for purpose is another matter. I personally think it should be changed slightly. I like the requirements of academy players or at least U21 players but because U21 academy players don't count in the squad it makes it harder. I think it should just be that at least 4 academy trained players have to be in any match day European squad but that the normal 25 man squad doesn't need 4 academy players over the age of 21 in it.

Posted
On 31/08/2021 at 10:59, FoxyLeon said:

As much as we really want at least 1 top winger in this window (as well as Lookman), I think we need to focus on our biggest issue right now....Contracts.

 

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Pereira, Perez, Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel.....All free agents in 2023.

 

I think our biggest test this season, is getting most of the above resigned.

IF we do that, then we're in an incredible position next summer, to focus on bringing in a couple of very good wide options + a number 10/attacking 8.

 

Big Dan Amartey out of contract in 2022....He deserves another one, never lets us down and I'm not sure we're gonna get a better utility player.

We'll sort a keeper out no issues so that's Kasper sorted. Daka has been brought in to replace Vardy. Evans we'll be able to replace fairly comfortably I think. Pereira, Soy and Tielemans hopefully new contracts.

 

Perez, I think we'll get by.

Posted
On 31/08/2021 at 10:59, FoxyLeon said:

As much as we really want at least 1 top winger in this window (as well as Lookman), I think we need to focus on our biggest issue right now....Contracts.

 

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Pereira, Perez, Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel.....All free agents in 2023.

 

I think our biggest test this season, is getting most of the above resigned.

IF we do that, then we're in an incredible position next summer, to focus on bringing in a couple of very good wide options + a number 10/attacking 8.

 

Big Dan Amartey out of contract in 2022....He deserves another one, never lets us down and I'm not sure we're gonna get a better utility player.

It’s not out of the question that Evans and Vardy retire at that point, as much as I don’t want them to. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...