Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Europa League: v Spartak Moscow (H) Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Alves is very very lightweight but the club seem determined to play his way through the ranks to enable him to cope. Fcuk it, throw him in, his level of skill makes Mahrez look like Karl Henry. 

Hahaha! He looks about 5 stone wet through. Would be class to see him come in and do bits, only seen a few videos but my god I don't think I've seen anything like it from a player in a Leicester shirt (aside from Zsolt Lakzo that one time)

We can have a sweepstake for the minute that @Chocolate Teapot writes off the lad's Leicester career as well :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I just don’t think this is true is it? Watch some of the games from 19-20, we came out the blocks ridiculously fast in so many matches that season.

...we did do that, but it last for 5 to 10 minutes, we didn't score so started to drop off!!!

The opposition would then get a foothold and effectively pressed us.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hahaha! He looks about 5 stone wet through. Would be class to see him come in and do bits, only seen a few videos but my god I don't think I've seen anything like it from a player in a Leicester shirt (aside from Zsolt Lakzo that one time)

We can have a sweepstake for the minute that @Chocolate Teapot writes off the lad's Leicester career as well :D

Shall we have a sweepstake on when you write something intelligent and interesting? Might be waiting a while....

I haven't written him off, I just said he's not good enough yet. Unlike you who are digging out our manager at any given opportunity.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Shall we have a sweepstake on when you write something intelligent and interesting? Might be waiting a while....

I haven't written him off, I just said he's not good enough yet. Unlike you who are digging out our manager at any given opportunity.

I'll take never :D

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we did do that, but it last for 5 to 10 minutes, we didn't score so started to drop off!!!

The opposition would then get a foothold and effectively pressed us.

Fair, but football isn’t as simple as merely choosing to start fast. In many ways, we’ve become victims of our own success as most teams turn up to the KP and stick ten men behind the ball and attempt to minimise the space behind. This subsequently means that it’s hard to play at a high-tempo which helps to explain why we often look like we play better against the ‘big six’ sides.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well I suppose the reason for keeping him is to add another defender in the box, but I can think of at least 3 goals this season that have come from targeting him:

Burnley - (Unfortunate own goal, but still Burnley have played the ball into his area because he's shorter than other players).

Brighton - Wellbeck's goal. 

Arsenal - Gabriel's goal.

For his size, Vardy is a great header of the ball. But leaving him spare and waiting to counter with him helped us win the league, and whilst he might not be that rapid anymore, he's far from slow.

IMO with both him and Daka there is no reason why we can't have one player minimum in that role very game. 

All for it!

Come to think of it, when we're defending corners, why don't we send Kasper up there with Vards? He's no ******* use otherwise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just about to post about Legia. Puts a bit of a spanner in the works.

I’m no expert on Napoli, but they’re team looks very much weakened. Not even a full quota on the bench, and key names are missing.

Still 7 “first choice” players in their line up from what it looks like; Petagna, Elmas, Demme, and Jesus the only back up players