Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

‘The new face of hooliganism’ - The Times

Article in The Times today on ‘the new face of hooliganism’. It seems a new wave of teens on cocaine are fuelling it. Wonder what’s driving it? Less jobs and pent up pandemic frustration?

We get a mention as Times reporters invited by police to cover the Forest game. Apparently ‘Fat Cats’ the place where Leicester fans smashed windows was an ‘agreed meeting place’ between Baby Squad and Forest Executive Crew, which adds some context as to why that happened, despite the fact the Forest firm were not there. That said I was surprised a family restaurant was targeted in that way. Would have thought some of the older BS wouldn’t have done that, which brings me back to the article and the ‘new face of hooliganism’. Perhaps young teens don’t have any ‘code’ in the ways that firms did in the past? 

Football violence: Cocaine and kids as young as 12 – the new face of hooliganism

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5a7cb68c-8a54-11ec-8600-c48a9935f856?shareToken=41aab34c4501aef81fd5bce8df001d42

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Haha it’s funny that these things actually exist and are not a parody. I pity those who are in these firms and take it seriously. 

Just picturing a load of recruitment consultants pulling up in leased BMWs wearing three-pieces 

41 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Perhaps young teens don’t have any ‘code’ in the ways that firms did in the past? 

Plenty of incidents happened in the past to show the such a code is a myth or at best not wide spread. These are the cretins who prevented me from taking my young kids to the football.

Even if there was one there the ones responsible for the current restrictions and treatment of fans which has never really gone away and by the looks of it will be back at its worst before long.

If they want to fight find something else to hang their so trendy fashion clothes on away from football.

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

The thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

This will never get old lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got started on by one at the weekend for stopping him assaulting a cleaner in the ground because he was a forest fan. Not been to as many away games since covid, but where have they all come from?! So many twats I had never seen before.

15 minutes ago, bmt said:

I got started on by one at the weekend for stopping him assaulting a cleaner in the ground because he was a forest fan. Not been to as many away games since covid, but where have they all come from?! So many twats I had never seen before.

What do you mean "where have they all come from"? These are the holders of the required points numbers needed to get to these games, tickets were absolute gold dust. Our away ends have been so crap for the last few years people have forgotten that we've actually got some male fans between the ages of 20 and 40. 

Makes me laugh when these guys get called "so called fans" by the same people (not you bmt) begging for tickets as they don't have the points. 

• Like 3

Maybe you're right, although I'm more talking about those under 20. Like I say, I've gone to less away games over the past year or two so maybe it's just some supporters coming of age I hadn't noticed before. Or maybe they were just more noticeable because they were being idiots on Sunday.

It isn't just football though its everywhere. Horse Racing is as bad / if not worse at the minute, massive groups of lads just off their heads. 

The only way it stops if the police actually do something about it - which they won't. 

When was the last time you saw a drugs sniffer dog at a game?? They are more bothered about stopping pyro in stadiums than drugs! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It isn't just football though its everywhere. Horse Racing is as bad / if not worse at the minute, massive groups of lads just off their heads. 

The only way it stops if the police actually do something about it - which they won't. 

When was the last time you saw a drugs sniffer dog at a game?? They are more bothered about stopping pyro in stadiums than drugs! 

Yeah, this is so warped really.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Article in The Times today on ‘the new face of hooliganism’. It seems a new wave of teens on cocaine are fuelling it. Wonder what’s driving it? Less jobs and pent up pandemic frustration?

We get a mention as Times reporters invited by police to cover the Forest game. Apparently ‘Fat Cats’ the place where Leicester fans smashed windows was an ‘agreed meeting place’ between Baby Squad and Forest Executive Crew, which adds some context as to why that happened, despite the fact the Forest firm were not there. That said I was surprised a family restaurant was targeted in that way. Would have thought some of the older BS wouldn’t have done that, which brings me back to the article and the ‘new face of hooliganism’. Perhaps young teens don’t have any ‘code’ in the ways that firms did in the past? 

Football violence: Cocaine and kids as young as 12 – the new face of hooliganism

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5a7cb68c-8a54-11ec-8600-c48a9935f856?shareToken=41aab34c4501aef81fd5bce8df001d42

I wonder where those English/Italian/Russian/Hungarian etc Hooligans came from at recent past International matches...