Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

Not a bad game, we seem to match equally and Leicester has a nice team that plays fair. People over here think the result is good and Gakpo should have got a penalty. I think a draw is righteous, Leicester had more possession and both teams had a few big chances like the ball on the post for Leicester and PSV with Gotze at the beginning of the game. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Its such a relief.

I know we got away with a non-pen, but is so enjoyable to just have to live with the decisions and move on right away. 

Yeah. Plus if the ref is good, making decisions real time is so much better than having to go to a monitor to watch biased clips in slow motion.

I actually feel too the ref made the right call with the non penalty. He had a clear view but he obviously felt it was not enough. For me, the PSV player kicked into Ricardo’s trailing foot. In the old days, it would not have been a penalty, not in Sunday football, and should not have been today. These days, players can engineer touches in the box and then hope watching it in slow motion would make it worst.

Edited by Tom12345

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Rennes played worst than PSV did in the respective first leg. We won 2-0 first leg against Rennes. So I am not so sure with what you said. PSV is a stronger side I feel.

On the contrary, I think Rennes is better than PSV...

Despite our first-leg win, Rennes was the better side in both games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barnes being one of the poorest players for us tonight yet being the closest to scoring probably tells you everything

PSV didn’t really come to play tonight and will be happy with a 0-0

I knew that park the Bus joke I made in the pre match thread, would come back to haunt me

image.thumb.png.c3dab1d1c6b1d54d1b569e9262381eb7.png

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

In that phase where he can do no wrong. Great at recovering the ball, did absolutely **** all with it afterwards, in fact it got quite ridiculous how many bad options he chose

Yep, always happens with youth prospects to the team - can't do any wrong for the first season or so, then people notice a few poor performances and people go too far the other way and slate them for everything after 18 months or so, before people settle on their actual level about 3 seasons in.

Barnes has finally reached phase 3 this season. Chilwell was still towards the end of the 2nd phase when he left.

10 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Rennes played worst than PSV did in the respective first leg. We won 2-0 first leg against Rennes. So I am not so sure with what you said. PSV is a stronger side I feel.

Guessing you missed the first 20 minutes of the Rennes game. Schmeichel had even less to do than the PSV Keeper tonight. 

Can't complain too much. There's a saying in moroccan arabic, the ball just didn't want to enter the goal. Should have won. We just missed that final ball today. I'm not as scared of playing them at home then rennes truthfully. They play good stuff but lack a focal point that Israeli lad ain't all that. What makes me happy is defensively we really neutralized them. Please keep fofana and Evans healthy for their game. Absolutely massive. We was a bit laxidazical last 15 minutes. But better to come. Barnes should have scored besides his chance was quiet, iheanacho was alright, Maddison as well, fofana motm 100%..or kdh. Maybe my heart will show me we can win. I'm optimistic though. Their keeper is good though. Their best player without a doubt. Our legs went just there at the end but there's a lot of positives and i think with rest for a few key players we can do something special in Eindhoven. Come on you foxes. 

Edited by NasPb
  • Haha 1

Plenty of effort but not the quality on that final pass. Defence brilliantly balanced. 

Rodgers killed it with that strange Lookman sub. Didn’t really get the logic of the restricting Ricardo to 60 but letting Sharky play 80. 

All there to play for though. We’d have needed to score and play well over there even if we were leading so that’s not changed 

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Tielemans has been ineffective all game. He has just been passing sideways and backwards the whole game. What has gone on with the bloke?

Not really 

A few misplaced passes in the first half, but there were some lovely through balls in both halves that more than cancelled those out. It wasn't epic stuff by any means, but it feels like you're just recycling someone else's comments from previous games with this. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Nacho's control was near-impeccable tonight.

Other than the huge miss, he had a very good outing.

9 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

On the contrary, I think Rennes is better than PSV...

Despite our first-leg win, Rennes was the better side in both games.

These are 2 statements you've made tonight which have blown me away. Couldn't disagree more! :nono:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also can’t believe how much people are raving about KDH. Yep made some fantastic recoveries and the odd tackle but didn’t half give the ball away. 

I thought he was poor today. I also thought as bad Barnes was. He didn’t get a lot of help on the overlap after the first thirty minutes to keep their right back guessing 

• Like 1

Just to score the perfect goal, never happened. Main thing is we didn't lose, thought they should have had a definite penalty when Ricardo took their lad out. Iheanacho should have scored his chance as well, gutted he missed it. KDH is an absolute animal.

Onto PSV we go, win or lose it's been some European adventure, enjoyed every second of it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Not really 

A few misplaced passes in the first half, but there were some lovely through balls in both halves that more than cancelled those out. It wasn't epic stuff by any means, but it feels like you're just recycling someone else's comments from previous games with this. 

It also shows a lack of understanding on his position today. Deepest midfielder, it’s harder to create that impact. Just gotta try and keep the ball moving. 

He’s firmly the scapegoat now, can’t do anything right for some 

• Like 1