Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

I thought we were ok, played some very good football at times, the defence was solid as the proverbial rock, Kaspar also had nothing to do but we are still in his tie and we can win in Holland next week.

I was confused at the subs though, playing with no striker was a bit odd.

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Thoughts on Madueke? Is he the right winger we’re looking for? I like him. A little bit wasteful tonight though. 

Bit meh. Only got a left foot. He'd be an upgrade on whoever is our RW these days

We were ineffective since the substitutions.

Daka should have come on earlier.

Lookman and Justin were not doing much on the right especially Justin. Not sure why Justin keeps being played on the right when he is clearly better on the left as we have said before while Castagne is better on the right. There is no chemistry anyway between Barnes and Castagne so there should have been no loss with swapping sides. 

Tielemans has been ineffective all game. He has just been passing sideways and backwards the whole game. What has gone on with the bloke?

Both Barnes and Nacho were wasteful. One of them should have scored. Though to clarify I thought Nacho otherwise did well with his link up plays as usual. Some complained about his first touch, but then the ability he has to trap the ball, get around the defenders and lay it off to a teammate was great.

KDH by far the best player on the pitch. He was everywhere. Won tackles like Ndidi and started many waves of attacks. He is a gem. Tielemans has gone backwards on the other hand.

Overall, we should have taken a 1-0 lead into the second leg. All to do now and an uphill battle from here.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

Should have won. Didn't threaten their keeper at all. 

Iheanacho was the best player on the pitch for me, and he gets taken off.....odd but even more odd was bringing Lookman on for him. Then to bring on Daka shortly after. Bizarre. 

Barnes was again woeful. How many bad performances does he have to have to get some criticism? Rodgers not taking him off, again baffling. 

Kdh was good again. 

Wil be tough next week, very difficult to go and win there but we're capable.

It was a good game for about an hour.  At the end I feel relieved to have not conceded.  There's good selfish and bad selfish.  Barnes was bad selfish tonight.  KDH will be at Man City or Liverpool in 2-3 years if Pep / Klopp are still there - unreal presser.

No reason to think we can't get a result there next week.  All to play for.  It's not supposed to be easy.

FUN!

3 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Thought Harvey was pretty pants except for his effort. He didn’t attack his man. But then I realised if he did he’d have had no options should be have got to the by line.

Right side broke after the subs.

Nacho forgot his shooting boots. We know he doesn’t have control boots so without the shooting boots we’re not left with much 😆

Agree. Thought he was woeful tonight. Just a bit one dimensional and ineffective. Running at the man and failing time and time again. Not sure how he saw the full 90.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Bodo 2-1 up against Roma aswell after the first leg

Yep as usual we have a fantastic opportunity to get to a cup final and there is a massive chance we are going to bottle it.

PSV didn’t come to attack today, absolutely wasted opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’d like to see the two strikers Nacho and Daka playing together for a decent part of the game in the return leg. 4-4-2 when attacking on the break. 

We can talk about this till we are blue in the face. Never going to happen 

Nacho going off changed the game completely. The false 9 attempt meant we just got outmuscled up top, Nacho was holding the ball up well. 

First half was fantastic! Second we looked a bit lost, then the subs made it worse, no idea what Brendon was thinking. 

On another night we've won that 2-0 and we're all buzzing.  Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

We aren’t good enough to play with a false 9. God knows why Rodgers doesn’t go with 2 up front especially later in the second half. 

This. Hoping for Daka to come on to pair Nacho midway into the second-half...

• Like 2