Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

Although I didn’t see anything extraordinary from them that’s making me fear going over there. Like if that was Rennes you’d be resigned to getting beat.  These not so much. 

• Like 2

Just now, SO1 said:

Maybe because we don't play(2 up front) very well that way. Love the Senior man but watching balls bounce off of him most of the night is a bit frustrating. Understood exactly why Rodgers put on Lookman. Control.

What control did Lookman bring? 
Would rather of seen Daka and Nacho upfront with 20 mins to go. 
Change the shape and formation. Give the opposition something different to think about. 

• Like 3

Also can’t believe how much people are raving about KDH. Yep made some fantastic recoveries and the odd tackle but didn’t half give the ball away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

So happy to watch football without VAR. 

Its such a relief.

I know we got away with a non-pen, but is so enjoyable to just have to live with the decisions and move on right away. 

• Like 1

I thought that was poor.

Just far too slow and passive again with a total lack of movement off the ball.

System was a wrong choice as well. Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans all in roles that don’t suit them. So much then relies on Barnes who was absolutely awful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Been rare to say this season, but our defence was much better than our attack tonight. 

It's bloody typical of how it's been this season that the moment we get our first choice centre halves back in the team we lose Vardy. Without the latter we lack a cutting edge.

Played well at the back. Think Tielemans criticism is harsh. Didn't create enough up front. KDH played really well. Nacho first touch - nuff said. Barnes wasn't himself. Madders I thought played well and was everywhere. Desperately need Vardy back. Not sure why we play Justin on the right, for me he plays better on the left. Lookman for me is the Barnes no.2 and not really too effective anywhere else. Lucky with the pen.

European night of football at the KP - good game, everything to play for. Gonna be tough at their place next week - gonna need I think the same tactics though (yeah crazy talk I know) as they'll need to come forward as the home side and we'll get chances as a result.

We look a different side at the back, just need to find a system that's better in creating a bit more up top.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game though.

• Like 1

Didn't show enough urgency second half but still not out of this as they will need to attack us in the 2nd leg. Thought youri playing deep completely stopped our rhythm. That sangare was immense for them tonight along with a good defensive showing and completely blunted our attack. Hope we can hit them on the break next week. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

4 minutes ago, adam said:

My biggest issue is that he can't run. Looks overweight. Not sure where he thinks he is gonna get a game in a bigger team. 

His positioning is usually top notch, doesn't need to run. That ball into Ricardo is the magic he has in his locker. Just tonight he was given the role of playing deep, which he is good at, but means he isn't able to make those incredible through balls happen as often. He's very wasted back there in my opinion. 

Much like Maddison who is also pretty pants when playing on the wing. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Although I didn’t see anything extraordinary from them that’s making me fear going over there. Like if that was Rennes you’d be resigned to getting beat.  These not so much. 

Rennes played worst than PSV did in the respective first leg. We won 2-0 first leg against Rennes. So I am not so sure with what you said. PSV is a stronger side I feel.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Also can’t believe how much people are raving about KDH. Yep made some fantastic recoveries and the odd tackle but didn’t half give the ball away. 

In that phase where he can do no wrong. Great at recovering the ball, did absolutely **** all with it afterwards, in fact it got quite ridiculous how many bad options he chose

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

What control did Lookman bring? 
Would rather of seen Daka and Nacho upfront with 20 mins to go. 
Change the shape and formation. Give the opposition something different to think about. 

Yes your spot on, I think the game at that stage, was screaming out for this sort of change, I'm sure the subs are thought about, but it does make you think what the thought process  is.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Maybe because we don't play(2 up front) very well that way. Love the Senior man but watching balls bounce off of him most of the night is a bit frustrating. Understood exactly why Rodgers put on Lookman. Control.

Not sure what game some were watching but not tonight's...

He had that big miss, but he retained possession for us and brought others into play SUPERBLY!

• Thanks 1

They're good on the transition, counter attacking they'll probably pick us off next week. Big chances missed first half by Kelechi & Barnes, thought it was odd we took Kels off for Lookman and played strikerless for ten minutes, didn't look threatening at all.

KDH man of the match.  Hope Johnny is okay.

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I thought that was poor.

Just far too slow and passive again with a total lack of movement off the ball.

System was a wrong choice as well. Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans all in roles that don’t suit them. So much then relies on Barnes who was absolutely awful.

Exactly.

I dont know how you can be satisfied or close to being satisfied with a game like this.

They got what they wanted and will go all in at their stadium and i am sure atmosphere there will be wild

Watching KP felt like i was in cinema. Tragic.

I think this was a golden chance and we blew it