Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hold on… Rodgers is paid an alleged 10 mill quid a year. Why hasn’t Rodgers ‘done a job’ on PSV?

Wonder what Schmidt gets paid?

And you’re kind of implying Schmidt won the tactical battle?

Yeh Schmidt won the tactical battle. He set his team to get the draw away from home in the first leg which they did and we barely threatened. They were unlucky not to nick a win with that penalty.

Now they can go for the win infront of their fans where they will be a different beast in attack. Will be a very tough match for us.

22 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Their keeper is good though. Their best player without a doubt. 

Only his second game this year :D we bought a new goalie cause mvogo sucked so badly all season last year then the new one was even worse (see how much goals we got against this year). Last weekend drommel was so bad mvogo (on loan btw) got a new chance today. Glad he catched all balls atleast. Prob will stay in now for a while. 

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Genuinely not sure if Barnes has had a worse game for us.

What I love about our fans, is that if his effort in the first half goes in… he’d be getting motm 

Had a bad game but by no means his worst. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kierzz said:

Yeh Schmidt won the tactical battle. He set his team to get the draw away from home in the first leg which they did and we barely threatened. They were unlucky not to nick a win with that penalty.

Now they can go for the win infront of their fans where they will be a different beast in attack. Will be a very tough match for us.

Ok, therefore for all the huge Rodgers fans on the forum, Schmidt beats Rodgers. Discuss 

40 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I thought that was poor.

Just far too slow and passive again with a total lack of movement off the ball.

System was a wrong choice as well. Iheanacho, Maddison and Tielemans all in roles that don’t suit them. So much then relies on Barnes who was absolutely awful.

I don't think Barnes was awful, he had the best chance of the game, but their Right Back stopped everything on that side. One of the best defensive RBs that I have seen, if not great going forward. 

Gonna have to have a different plan for next week. I would have liked to see Lookman against him, and Barnes on the right.

• Like 1

We're very harsh with the team. This was a QF in a European competition (even Conference League) against a team that I can't remember when was the last time they didn't participate in European cups. Their manager maybe for the 1st time ever decided to almost play fully behind the ball. 

Tie was 50/50 before 1st leg, it's still 50/50. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hold on… Rodgers is paid an alleged 10 mill quid a year. Why hasn’t Rodgers ‘done a job’ on PSV?

Wonder what Schmidt gets paid?

And you’re kind of implying Schmidt won the tactical battle?

I'd say Schmidt will sleep a bit more comfortably tonight knowing he didn't lose the tactical battle, and with home advantage next week, if they score early, they will park the Bus again, why wouldn't they it worked for them tonight, playing a lone striker with what we have and Vardy being out, simply wont work, but we know that's what will happen.

52 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Agree. Thought he was woeful tonight. Just a bit one dimensional and ineffective. Running at the man and failing time and time again. Not sure how he saw the full 90.

....I got the impression that had Albrighton not received a yellow, Barnes would have been pulled off to be replaced by Lookman!!!

Once the change had been made it was then difficult for Rodgers to change it for the positive. Lookman should always come on for Barnes, he gives us something different, and also would have given their defender something to worry about.

I went to the game and I didn’t see anything going forward from PSV to worry me. Yes they parked the bus, but i think it’s important we didn’t lose. It will be a different game next week and hopefully a bit more open for us to attack. Our defence look strong both offensively and defensively. We will nick at there’s🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1

In all honesty a bit of a nothing game. Leicester doing their usual of trying to score the perfect goal and walk it in and failing. PSV were well drilled but apart from a reasonable opening offered very little.

There was a lack of urgency to score and a lack of risk taking football but unfortunately that's us in a nutshell these days.

Barnes should have been pulled after 60mins. He was poor. You could argue their RB played well but in all honesty Barnes made him look good by doing the same thing every time..... run at him kick it pass him and run. All the RB had to do was position his body well. Barnes is all one pace and that's his major downfall.

There is a real lack of clever movement in the attacking third without Vardy. Players just doing straight runs which are easy to defend against.  Castangne made some decent runs to break beyond the line but I counted 3 occasions where we didn't take the risk and played it safe.

All to play for next week.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

8 Euro ties tonight 5 draws and 3 wins by the odd goal.

People need to realise how tough and tight games at this stage are.

At last..Somebody looking at reality instead through their Pipe-Dream eyes...

We  werent great, Nor bad...Poster forget it was PSV ( & perhaps they did  )who should Show is how top- decent regular consistent European qualifiers

Which is their normal business..We are The inexperienced club,team, individuals in this tie...Just look at their squad...!! They started as favourites..!!

Before the game, like always We overrate our team & Its experience..

Then the Frustration comes out, blaming, all & Sundry for some up-front blame...

Yes I would have given Daka-Nacho at least 15 minutes together...But I wont Blame a manager if he sees it differently...

knowing Vardy might not have the Early return we would like...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Ricardo had a good game I thought. Not sure if he was taken off as a precaution to manage his return form injury. Not sure why though he was rated so lowly in the ratings.

Me too.

We are taking a more conservative approach to managing players

Edited by coolhandfox

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Biggest frustration is not taking a golden chance in a 1 and 1 situation, that's the level you are playing at, you many only get 1 chance like that.

Them coming out and playing is also going to give us more space.

Perhaps. But wouldn't it be more prudent to have an actual striker on the pitch if and when another chance comes along? Rather than essentially play for a 0-0 for 20 minutes against a side blatantly playing for a 0-0.

Until of course our manager realised it was a wasted 20 minutes hence Daka came on.

Edited by walkerleeds