Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

Barnes played like a bag of potatoes, but the defense looked great for once. KDH by far our best player today with his all action approach.

Lucked out with their non-pen (though I feel they got a soft foul on Barnes when I think Albrighton was about to shoot).

This was our biggest game of the season and the performance was just standard meh Rodgers-control ball. Yep, disappointment is the feeling right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bad, not brilliant.

We played some really nice stuff but the decision-making in the final third wasn't great overall.

We huffed and puffed and PSV defended really well, snuffing out a lot of our chances, disrupting the rhythm and being in the right places at the right times. It was a really good away performance from them.

At their place, they may attack us more. If so, I think we'll have more time and space in behind them as they'll be committing more going forward. It's going to be a tasty game, I reckon.

I think we've shown signs that we're a serious outfit again. That was much better than a lot of our performances this season, it's just a bit unusual to see our frontline out of sorts a little rather than the defence.

Tonight was a long, long way from the kind of displays we saw against Legia, Spartak and Slavia Prague in recent seasons. We played a serious outfit tonight with real pedigree and we're disappointed not to have won the game comfortably. I'm confident we can make a really good fist of it next week.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, adam said:

What's happened to Tielemans. Looks miles off it. At this rate we will be getting rid of him before he bins us off. 

He clearly hates playing that deep playmaker role. Plays much better when Wilf is behind him. 

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Madueke is obviously class.

Whn he was beating our players, I kept wanting the next city player to tackle him, but I actually enjoyed watching him play.

I really hope we sign him. I’d definitely take him over Berardi. 

• Like 2

Just now, Foxhateram said:

He clearly hates playing that deep playmaker role. Plays much better when Will is behind him. 

My biggest issue is that he can't run. Looks overweight. Not sure where he thinks he is gonna get a game in a bigger team. 

It really annoys me that Brendan will probably be over the moon with the performance. Had more possession, kept a clean sheet and didn't lose. His main objectives as the manager that he is. Having no striker on the pitch for even a minute in a home game is unacceptable.

In all honesty, we never really looked like we wanted to win it. So painfully slow and disjointed going forward.  We have without a doubt handed PSV the advantage now. Clearly Brendan didn't get the memo that the idea is to win the home leg. Very disappointing evening.

1 minute ago, nathan. said:

Bit of a shit game really.

The Lookman sub was strange.

No definitely not a s$it game, a bit woeful in the final third and the 2 chances should have been goals, but that's the way it is, but I don't think the game was sh$t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Nacho's control was near-impeccable tonight.

Other than the huge miss, he had a very good outing.

Well if that’s what’s you’re saying, he can keep his good control and get his shooting boots back! He has one job 😁

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We aren’t good enough to play with a false 9. God knows why Rodgers doesn’t go with 2 up front especially later in the second half. 

Maybe because we don't play(2 up front) very well that way. Love the Senior man but watching balls bounce off of him most of the night is a bit frustrating. Understood exactly why Rodgers put on Lookman. Control.

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

We aren’t good enough to play with a false 9. God knows why Rodgers doesn’t go with 2 up front especially later in the second half. 

Because Brendan thinks he's managing Man City as opposed to Leicester City. Barnes completely ineffective as was Lookman. WTF goes through Brendan's mind, makes some shocking subs.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What was the thinking behind the Kel/Lookman sub ? 

We kept the ball but didn’t do much with it. PSV will be a lot stronger at home and we have struggled at times away from home in Europe.

He’s saved his job aint he so he can go back to his antics.

• Haha 2