Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

Store I work at in Preston, I've seen many different football shirts over the years, the usual like Liverpool, Man U, Man C and the odd Everton and even a few times seen a leicester shirt. Today for the very first time, someone came in with a Forest shirt on. Bunch of weirdos

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wasn't the Spartak Moscow SoMe dude or dudette also quite on the money, when we played them? Seem to remember a picture of a cornerflag preparing for Vardy. Not all russians are bad. 

43 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Since when are Huddersfield some small club with no history anyway?

History tends to exist between the mid 50s and the early 90s. Anything before that is too old, anything recent is mOdeRN fOOtbAlL

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think behaviour like this should carry a custodial sentence.

Was a time if the locals saw my City tatoo whilst visiting the odd Derby or Forest game, I was at risk of a slap.

If Flair gets his way, they now only need to grass me up to the stewards and I risk prison and the shame of being placed on the football offenders register.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

History tends to exist between the mid 50s and the early 90s. Anything before that is too old, anything recent is mOdeRN fOOtbAlL

Interestingly Leicester have never made the all time top flight top twenty.Not once.(Forest and Derby have)Yet start football in 1992 and we are now getting towards mid table.Despite having not even being in it for seasons.Of course,if success is measured in silverware,we are sixth.(PL era)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Interestingly Leicester have never made the all time top flight top twenty.Not once.(Forest and Derby have)Yet start football in 1992 and we are now getting towards mid table.Despite having not even being in it for seasons.Of course,if success is measured in silverware,we are sixth.(PL era)

They really don't like being reminded of this and prefer to pretend that nothing in the last 20-30 years counts. 

It's hardly a controversial statement that trophies won in the last decade are more likely to be remembered than those won forty-odd years ago, but Forest and Derby fans go absolutely wild if you bring it up. 

The reality is that Forest WERE bigger than us and now we ARE bigger than Forest. 

• Like 2

Given they'll need to spend probably £40m just to keep the loanees at the club, and Djed Spence is being looked at by Arsenal and Tottenham so probably won't join, 10/11 is a great price that won't be around for long. 

Personally think Bournemouth are underrated here. Wealthy owners and know what it takes to stay in the division; Scott Parker is a decent boss. They also looked much the better side when they played Forest to win promotion. 

Screenshot_20220531-082717_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Re: the above. I've got a colleague at work who lives in Notts but who until about 3 months ago identified as an outright Arsenal fan. Gradually over the past couple of months he's suddenly been banging on about Forest. Last week he said to me that if Forest get promoted he'll try and get down to as many games as possible. I called him out and said that I thought he was an Arsenal fan. His response was hilarious. He told me he used to go to all the Forest Wembley games when he was a kid but as soon as they got relegated in the early 90s he switched allegiances to Arsenal, however if they were to get back in the Prem he'd start to follow them again. He was on a team call this morning banging on about Forest's promotion. No doubt the season after next when they get relegated he'll revert back to being a Gooner. They really are a weird bunch. 

Bit like loads of Leicester fans then who have season tickets and suddenly their love for Liverpool is reborn when they might do the quadruple.

14 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Given they'll need to spend probably £40m just to keep the loanees at the club, and Djed Spence is being looked at by Arsenal and Tottenham so probably won't join, 10/11 is a great price that won't be around for long. 

Personally think Bournemouth are underrated here. Wealthy owners and know what it takes to stay in the division; Scott Parker is a decent boss. They also looked much the better side when they played Forest to win promotion. 

Screenshot_20220531-082717_Chrome.jpg

10/11 is a fair price I’d say. They’ll have bucketloads of momentum and to be fair the club is flying on and off the pitch at the moment. 

Hopefully a tough start will kick them to the curb. I’ll be sick if these lot finish higher than us. 

24 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

10/11 is a fair price I’d say. They’ll have bucketloads of momentum and to be fair the club is flying on and off the pitch at the moment. 

Hopefully a tough start will kick them to the curb. I’ll be sick if these lot finish higher than us. 

A good start is critical for them. If they don't get that, they're down by April. They absolutely will be found out at some stage in the season, and it's crucial they have enough points bagged before that happens. Think Hull in 08-09 or Blackpool a couple of seasons later.

Hopefully they'll take a nice 5-0 kicking early doors and struggle all season. Don't see them finishing above us tbh. Their realistic best case scenario is to emulate Brentford; if we're that low in the table, we've got bigger problems than losing local bragging rights.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Ah well that is it .

Stop promotion/relegation now .

A natural order has been restored apparently!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LewisDeighton17/status/1530979902119460864

I mean least you have a few trophies to look back on - these teams were  finally promoted after decades out of the top flight and in Leeds case almost dropped out of it again.

Okay, as a boy in Dallas where the only exposure to English football was the box scores and league table in the  Sunday paper, I loved the "weird" names: Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Queens Park Rangers, Aston Villa, Arsenal, etc.

My inner nostalgia sorta wants that table back.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I can see Forest starting bad and Cooper, who’s done wonders getting them up, being fired.  He then goes somewhere in the Championship and brings a side up as Forest deservedly go back down with 18points. 

Given their owner once allegedly blew up a bakery owned by a referee who displeased him, I don't think he'd be massively patient after a four game losing run culminating in a 4-0 home defeat to Brighton. 

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Given their owner once allegedly blew up a bakery owned by a referee who displeased him, I don't think he'd be massively patient after a four game losing run culminating in a 4-0 home defeat to Brighton. 

Apparently the owner is going to be investigated by the PL.

Sorry for the DM link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10869073/Premier-League-set-probe-Nottingham-Forest-owner-Evangelos-Marinakis-clubs-promotion.html 

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Momentum will be massive for Forest, Cooper has taken a squad that wouldn't look out of place in League one and had them on promotion winning form during his time there. Obviously a very good man manager and clearly a good tactician who has the ability to get the best out of what he has available. He's overachieved in every job he's been in so far, definitely earned his crack at a role in the premier league.

They remind me a bit of Holloway's Blackpool. Very attacking, lots of pace, playing without fear but little in the way of real quality. They'll punish a few teams who underestimate them, especially at home, but will have to take a few heavy defeats. If Forest are sensible, they don't sack Cooper even if they go straight back down.