Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

To get back on track - aka the Nottingham Forest 2022/23 season thread.

I live in a small town near Milton Keynes. A house nearby I drive past every day has suddenly got banners and flags all over proclaiming love of Forest. All over the windows and garden fences. Never seen the slightest sign before they were Forest fans.

funny that eh,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

To get back on track - aka the Nottingham Forest 2022/23 season thread.

I live in a small town near Milton Keynes. A house nearby I drive past every day has suddenly got banners and flags all over proclaiming love of Forest. All over the windows and garden fences. Never seen the slightest sign before they were Forest fans.

funny that eh,

Everyone and there cat seems to have come out and become a forest fan all of a sudden, Sky will wank themselves off silly next season about forest you can just see it now. 

Bit like Sky did with Leeds when they came up. 

• Like 1

Re: the above. I've got a colleague at work who lives in Notts but who until about 3 months ago identified as an outright Arsenal fan. Gradually over the past couple of months he's suddenly been banging on about Forest. Last week he said to me that if Forest get promoted he'll try and get down to as many games as possible. I called him out and said that I thought he was an Arsenal fan. His response was hilarious. He told me he used to go to all the Forest Wembley games when he was a kid but as soon as they got relegated in the early 90s he switched allegiances to Arsenal, however if they were to get back in the Prem he'd start to follow them again. He was on a team call this morning banging on about Forest's promotion. No doubt the season after next when they get relegated he'll revert back to being a Gooner. They really are a weird bunch. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Re: the above. I've got a colleague at work who lives in Notts but who until about 3 months ago identified as an outright Arsenal fan. Gradually over the past couple of months he's suddenly been banging on about Forest. Last week he said to me that if Forest get promoted he'll try and get down to as many games as possible. I called him out and said that I thought he was an Arsenal fan. His response was hilarious. He told me he used to go to all the Forest Wembley games when he was a kid but as soon as they got relegated in the early 90s he switched allegiances to Arsenal, but if they were to get back in the Prem he'll start to follow them again. He was on a team call this morning banging on about Forests promotion. No doubt the season after next when they get relegated he'll revert back to being a Gooner. They really are a weird bunch. 

I've got a mate who hasn't been to a league game all season and was at Wembley yesterday, giving it big licks all over his instagram ect.

And they've created this massive story that the tickets were so in demand.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually think behaviour like this should carry a custodial sentence.

It is strange isn't it? We've had lean years in lower divisions at Leicester, but I can't remember any fans "transferring" to an Arsenal-type club, and then transferring back once we were back in the Premiership. I know some fans will only go and watch top club games, but that's a different thing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

It is strange isn't it? We've had lean years in lower divisions at Leicester, but I can't remember any fans "transferring" to an Arsenal-type club, and then transferring back once we were back in the Premiership. I know some fans will only go and watch top club games, but that's a different thing.

There were definitely kids that I went to school with who said they were Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United fans etc. that started turning upto Leicester games after we'd been promoted. 

• Like 2

On 24/05/2022 at 13:37, st albans fox said:

ENIC have stuck £150m into spurs 

looks like they really are going all out to convince conte to stay ….

Very clear and obvious signs of change at Spurs.

(1) capital injection

(2) about to sign Perisic despite his age and negative resale value

Conte has obviously given Levy an ultimatum -- invest to win now, with my players, or I walk -- and for the first time the Tiny Tightwad is not having the last say.

This can’t be a good thing, as the main thing holding back Spurs has been said Tightwad's obsession with bargaining for, and then hoarding every last nickel.

Edited by KingsX

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Very clear and obvious signs of change at Spurs.

(1) said capital injection

(2) about to sign Perisic despite his age and negative resale value

Conte has obviously given Levy an ultimatum -- invest to win now, with my players, or I walk -- and for the first time the Tiny Tightwad is not having the last say.

This can’t be a good thing, as the main thing holding back Spurs has been said Tightwad's obsession with bargaining for, and then hoarding every last nickel.

Levy is tight with the money for a reason. They're a much better run club than some of the other shambles in the league. I mean they're ultimately a club of the same baseline stature as Everton or Villa but they've had strong consistent performance for years now because they've managed what they've got well and built slowly and patiently. 

But they can't really compete with Man City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea long term. Especially having spunked half a billion on a stadium immediately before a global pandemic. 

A £150m cash injection isn't going to turn them in to a spending power house. You can't even build a top squad with that now. Newcastle spent £100m in January and they've still got mid table shit in every position. 

You cite the Perisic transfer but if Tottenham suddenly had the spending power to impress Conte long term and keep him satisfied would they be signing an over the hill thirty somethings way past his best even in Serie A as their first bit of business of the summer? 

I like Perisic and he was hugely under rated in his prime but that's a bang average bit of business now. I'd go so far as to call it an Everton signing. 

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Levy is tight with the money for a reason. They're a much better run club than some of the other shambles in the league. I mean they're ultimately a club of the same baseline stature as Everton or Villa but they've had strong consistent performance for years now because they've managed what they've got well and built slowly and patiently. 

But they can't really compete with Man City, Liverpool, United and Chelsea long term. Especially having spunked half a billion on a stadium immediately before a global pandemic. 

A £150m cash injection isn't going to turn them in to a spending power house. You can't even build a top squad with that now. Newcastle spent £100m in January and they've still got mid table shit in every position. 

You cite the Perisic transfer but if Tottenham suddenly had the spending power to impress Conte long term and keep him satisfied would they be signing an over the hill thirty somethings way past his best even in Serie A as their first bit of business of the summer? 

I like Perisic and he was hugely under rated in his prime but that's a bang average bit of business now. I'd go so far as to call it an Everton signing. 

It’s a free so it’s only going to cost them his salary plus maybe a £5 mill s/o fee 

it won’t eat into their war chest 

incidentally, the 150m is new money - they would have nett spent 75m+ this window so you’ll see them go over £200m if they sell a couple aswell.

they actually have a much better squad than arsenal and I take issue comparing them baseline with Everton and Villa - they are bigger than both of those.  

4 hours ago, Jabfox said:

Everyone and there cat seems to have come out and become a forest fan all of a sudden, Sky will wank themselves off silly next season about forest you can just see it now. 

Bit like Sky did with Leeds when they came up. 

It sells satellite dishes...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

WTF is Kane doing on American talk shows?!

Mumbling?

In a way that's even more unintelligible to the listeners than usual?

• Haha 2

Ah well that is it .

Stop promotion/relegation now .

A natural order has been restored apparently!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LewisDeighton17/status/1530979902119460864

I mean least you have a few trophies to look back on - these teams were  finally promoted after decades out of the top flight and in Leeds case almost dropped out of it again.

16 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Ah well that is it .

Stop promotion/relegation now .

A natural order has been restored apparently!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LewisDeighton17/status/1530979902119460864

I mean least you have a few trophies to look back on - these teams were  finally promoted after decades out of the top flight and in Leeds case almost dropped out of it again.

What a surprise, it's a Leeds fan!

"Big club" enjoying another "big club" getting promoted.

How I'd wish they'd gone down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Since when are Huddersfield some small club with no history anyway?

Exactly. Won as many top flight titles as Leeds.

Leeds who have won a massive 5 major trophies in their history. MASSIVE.

• Like 1