Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bit simplified that, imo. QPR were shite but did have individual quality tbh, Charlie Austin scored 18 league goals in that 14/15 side which is insane.

I don't think there's any magic formula to be honest.

Forgot about Austin! 

That QPR side definitely didn't add up to the sum of its parts. 

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Alot to be said for having a competent manager, Redknapp had checked out that season

Balance has to be right between youth and experience too. I remember QPR signing every 35-year-old hasbeen looking for a last paycheck and absolutely stinking the league out a few seasons later. 

Michael Beale leaving Villa to become manager at QPR. That's a big loss to Villa - Gerrard described him as the tactical brains of the team. Beale is a great coach, so fascinated to see how he does at QPR. His playing style will be interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i thought they looked terrible in the play-off games. depends on who they bring in i suppose.

Honestly think most premiership sides would have put 3 or 4 past them in that play off final

43 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Honestly think most premiership sides would have put 3 or 4 past them in that play off final

yeah, i also watched them lose to bournemouth and they looked a level below them in the second half. not really impressed with them at all 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i thought they looked terrible in the play-off games. depends on who they bring in i suppose.

My view is he tried to get them pressing, and as he came in without a pre season they blew out of their arse at the end of the season.

Top class coach for me and he is going to be in the prem for a while with or without forest.

4 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Michael Beale leaving Villa to become manager at QPR. That's a big loss to Villa - Gerrard described him as the tactical brains of the team. Beale is a great coach, so fascinated to see how he does at QPR. His playing style will be interesting.

Meh. Gerrard bigging his mate up might've helped Beale get the job, why would he do that sort of thing, advertising him out there if he wanted to keep him? Now he's got a friend running a Championship squad, can safely loan his lads somewhere safe where they'll get gametime and eyes in the Championship to help watch for new talent. Football is a big network.

We seem to have built up a relationship with Luton in recent years for loans and signings. Before that Burton were quite friendly, and of course naturally OHL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Is Bale really only good enough to play for Cardiff? I can think of probably 18 premier league teams who would have him.

Seems like that move would just be so he keeps fit for the World Cup if Wales get there but agree that a lot of Premier league clubs would be interested if the wages are right.

48 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think Forest will do well and finish mid table.  Which is annoying.

Yeah i agree, theyve got a touch of Brentford about them. Id fancy them to do better than Bournemouth, can't quite work Fulham out, do rate Silva but he does seem to get found out quickly 

On 31/05/2022 at 11:12, Foxdiamond said:

I understand why you fans living near Forest fans are obsessed with their promotion added to the cup loss to them. Living down south I've never met a Forest fan. Used to having a plethora of fans of London clubs plus the usual Man U and Liverpool glory hunters. As a result hurt just runs off my shoulders as the song says. Let's enjoy the break and recharge for the new season. If you feel queasy how do the Derby fans feel. 

Sshhh!!! No-one's felt able to tell the Derby fans yet.

• Haha 1

On 31/05/2022 at 11:12, Foxdiamond said:

I understand why you fans living near Forest fans are obsessed with their promotion added to the cup loss to them. Living down south I've never met a Forest fan. Used to having a plethora of fans of London clubs plus the usual Man U and Liverpool glory hunters. As a result hurt just runs off my shoulders as the song says. Let's enjoy the break and recharge for the new season. If you feel queasy how do the Derby fans feel. 

I've only ever properly met 2 Forest fans in my life and there were both wan kers for non football related reasons.

If you follow that trend... :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah i agree, theyve got a touch of Brentford about them. Id fancy them to do better than Bournemouth, can't quite work Fulham out, do rate Silva but he does seem to get found out quickly 

They play absolutely nothing like Brentford. Forest succeed on a strong defence, they don’t have a striker like Toney, their most creative player is back at United and they’ll be looking at Jack Colback as a creative influence. I just don’t see them troubling many Prem sides without reinforcements. I think they’ll do better than Bournemouth though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Meh. Gerrard bigging his mate up might've helped Beale get the job, why would he do that sort of thing, advertising him out there if he wanted to keep him? Now he's got a friend running a Championship squad, can safely loan his lads somewhere safe where they'll get gametime and eyes in the Championship to help watch for new talent. Football is a big network.

We seem to have built up a relationship with Luton in recent years for loans and signings. Before that Burton were quite friendly, and of course naturally OHL.

How many players have we loaned luton in past 5 year