Dahnsouff Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 4 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said: Probably wanted to go quietly out of the door. Fair play to the guy. Quite so, as his exit is of his and the clubs choosing, let’s not start projecting or pushing our own narratives, just wish him well. 1
Old Fox Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 His decision will be based on contract offered in length, wanting a new challenge and experiencing a different environment - Nice is not slumming it either and they have big ambitions so he will have a blast and give him and his family a lovely end to his career. He will always be idolised and a proper legend here imo
Lesta Legend Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said: Cannot believe there wasn't more made of it vs Sevilla. Yeah he’ll have known, said to my lad yesterday that’s the last time will ever see him play in a city shirt but Sunday just felt normal not that anything was imminent. Sometimes goodbyes are a bitch and it’s the best way and that’s how he wanted it. I’m sure we won’t see the last of him at the club and we’ll be able to thank at some point 😢 1
davieG Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 In this article Kasper is quoted with this . “To now it’s been an amazing journey from where we started when I arrived we were changing in portacabins and driving to a cricket club to train. Surely that's not true we've had Belvoir Drive for a long while and i never saw Portacabins down there when I used to go to watch the youngsters play. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-city-nice-7416211 1
coolhandfox Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 1 minute ago, davieG said: In this article Kasper is quoted with this . “To now it’s been an amazing journey from where we started when I arrived we were changing in portacabins and driving to a cricket club to train. Surely that's not true we've had Belvoir Drive for a long while and i never saw Portacabins down there when I used to go to watch the youngsters play. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-city-nice-7416211 Think he's making a story sound better with that one, think at worse it would have been whilst work was going on a Belvoir drive.
Popular Post ClaphamFox Posted 3 August 2022 Popular Post Posted 3 August 2022 3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said: Think he's making a story sound better with that one, think at worse it would have been whilst work was going on a Belvoir drive. When I was a kid my dad told me he was brought up on a grass verge on the M1 and used to have warm grit for supper - if he was lucky. It wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I began to question his story... 6
Danny280995 Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said: Its his medical today, doesn't signing usually follow straight after that? We're not replacing or buying, get the memo 1 2
John rayner Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 56 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said: I'm still gutted. Same bud .
Weller Wing Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 Brilliant keeper for us, the best imo. Glad he didn't say goodbye in front of a half empty KP last Sunday. Hopefully the club will get him back for a proper send off 1
sishades Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said: When I was a kid my dad told me he was brought up on a grass verge on the M1 and used to have warm grit for supper - if he was lucky. It wasn't until I was 18 or 19 that I began to question his story... He was telling the truth. I lived in the pot hole next foor.
MarriedaLeicesterGirl Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 4 hours ago, Ric Flair said: Cannot believe there wasn't more made of it vs Sevilla. Seriously, I expected him to at least take a lap. But he was just down the tunnel. His choice, I guess. 1
PAULCFC Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 1 hour ago, davieG said: In this article Kasper is quoted with this . “To now it’s been an amazing journey from where we started when I arrived we were changing in portacabins and driving to a cricket club to train. Surely that's not true we've had Belvoir Drive for a long while and i never saw Portacabins down there when I used to go to watch the youngsters play. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-city-nice-7416211 That's what made me laugh.....no we were at Belvoir Drive!
Hales Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 28 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said: Seriously, I expected him to at least take a lap. But he was just down the tunnel. His choice, I guess. I wonder why he did that? A little rude Kasper!
Lambert09 Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 (edited) This one hurts. My favourite ever keeper, always will be. Feels like he was the only player to be part of the full journey, from the early mistakes made with sven to the best period in our history. It doesn’t feel right that he’s not ending his career with us but it’s also good for him to go out on a high note and not sour any part of his legacy. He got the club and he was a big part of installing a winning mentality. A true legend and one that I will always keep an eye on. Im not worried about replacing Kasper the keeper, i’m worried about replacing Kasper the man. Edited 3 August 2022 by Lambert09 4
Micky Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 Crikey, what a bunch of big Jessie's! Nothing last forever. Kasper has been incredible and we all love him but things must move on. Good luck Kasper. 4
Babylon Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 3 hours ago, davieG said: In this article Kasper is quoted with this . “To now it’s been an amazing journey from where we started when I arrived we were changing in portacabins and driving to a cricket club to train. Surely that's not true we've had Belvoir Drive for a long while and i never saw Portacabins down there when I used to go to watch the youngsters play. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kasper-schmeichel-leicester-city-nice-7416211 Manderic tried to flog belvoir drive didn’t he. They shifted us to Loughborough uni for a bit at one point, who knows what was going on back then. 2
AjcW Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 To be fair, I bet even if it’s just a max of 3 times a season, the appeal of putting in a MOTM performance against Messi, Neymar and Mbappe was a real draw for someone like Kasper.
brookfox Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 1 minute ago, AjcW said: To be fair, I bet even if it’s just a max of 3 times a season, the appeal of putting in a MOTM performance against Messi, Neymar and Mbappe was a real draw for someone like Kasper. That and a three year contract living in the South of France before he retires!
tylesta Posted 3 August 2022 Posted 3 August 2022 15 minutes ago, Babylon said: Manderic tried to flog belvoir drive didn’t he. They shifted us to Loughborough uni for a bit at one point, who knows what was going on back then. Think the pitches at belvoir drive was getting relaid when he joined
Recommended Posts