Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

A fair number of their fans don’t seem upset at the idea of him leaving, which is always a bit of a concern…

Because losing Aouar isnt a real concern.

They've got much more quality in Paqueta, Caqueret and Faivre anyways

12 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

This has Philippe Coutinho written all over it.

Coutinho always had the talent just never really took his game to that next level till he worked with BR at Liverpool.

I feel very much the same about this lad.

A lot of their fans think he is a player with  plenty of talent but has been underachieving.

That’s why this is very believable. Basically Tielemans 2.0. A player with vast potential that went off the boil. 

Just like Youri, I’d say he’s not yet at the very top level, but also has the capability to do so. 

There would be no guarantee he’d perform in the league by the way. For every Tielemans there’s an Adrien Silva. But he’s an exciting signing because the potential is 100% there. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think this could make sense. Perhaps Youri to Arsenal takes them away from him, thus making us an option for him 

Surely Youri doesnt go to Arsenal now that theyve all but lost out on UCL football.

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

read the comments at the bottom of this. It sounds like he has been acting exactly the same as Youri this season for them, They are excited to hear he's leaving as he hasnt put any effort in this year 

"As our ex-tech Rudi said, I'd be willing to personally drive him to Leicester"

"Aouar has immense talent, but he has to seriously question himself and that seems impossible in Lyon.
Everyone would be a winner if leaving this summer, the club, the player and probably his future club because he will be forced to come out of his comfort zone."

"That's a big YES! Let the shedding begin!"

"Aouar in Leicester: to see the amount of the transfer! To see who we replace it with! See if he's up for it! Seriously seen from my place it would be a big challenge for him to confirm his potential. I think he has given back to the club, which has bet on him with high-class playing facts, but sometimes far below these lately... his departure would surely contribute to the revival of the Lyon game."

....very reminiscent of the Youri transfer and the fans were proven to be right!!!

I went into the Monaco thread and they wanted Youri out of the club as soon as possible, and they are now saying the same with this player, we should keep well away. I do prefer Mahmoud Dahoud to play the CM role, works hard, does a lot of defensive work and  also does not look laboured carrying the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Just now, LFox99 said:

Surely Youri doesnt go to Arsenal now that theyve all but lost out on UCL football.

I don't see the queue of CL teams for Tielemans. I thought Juventus would be his destination but they want Pogba back on a free. Bayern are signing Gravenbach, Man Utd looking at De Jong or that Fernandez from River Plate (would absolutely love him here - got a £17m release clause).

I think Arsenal will throw money around again this summer and Tielemans may well view them as his only realistic option, he obviously could try and stick it out for another year here to then open up the interest to others who'd want him on a free even if he wasn't 1st choice. I hope he doesn't do that as we'll be fcuked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Technically they haven't lost out on UCL.

They finish 4th if they beat Everton and Spurs bottle it against Norwich...

Just now, Merchant_Banker said:

No KDH?

:(

I’m not sure how we fit Ndidi, KDH, Maddison, Aouar and maybe also CDK into one team… I guess if we get Aouar we don’t get CDK. Wouldn’t make much sense to have both.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Technically they haven't lost out on UCL.

They finish 4th if they beat Everton and Spurs bottle it against Norwich...

Spurs only need a point. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’m not sure how we fit Ndidi, KDH, Maddison, Aouar and maybe also CDK into one team… I guess if we get Aouar we don’t get CDK. Wouldn’t make much sense to have both.

Done. Would mean no wingers, and a diamond probably. 

Ndidi 

Aouar              KDH

Maddison

CDK        Vardy

• Like 2