Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Comfortably in the worst 5 sides in the league as we speak. More than likely we are in the fight if we persist with this rabble. 

We have the money now that Fofana has gone.

Getting a new manager in is worth more to us this season than signing a new RW and/or a CB. 

I think we probably have the footballing quality of a side in the top half. But we probably are mentally the weakest team in the division. I'd say we could get relegated but it's unlikely. Suspect a new manager would get a tune out of this bunch. Sorting the defence would be a good place to start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

We have the money now that Fofana has gone.

Getting a new manager in is worth more to us this season than signing a new RW and/or a CB. 

Unfortunately I’m in a frame of mind now where I don’t think top/board are even up to making the right decisions anymore. They won’t sack him and they’ll blow that dough on crap.

• Sad 1

Not panicking yet BUT I do think those running the club are jeopardising the Chairman's legacy of incremental improvement. The Fair Play Rules are not new and should have been anticipated . The atmosphere around the club is certainly the worse for some time. Really really do need a big result on Thursday !!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

413173278_Drosscompare.thumb.png.48f08edc8d9e0348216a236dfd347bac.png

I sampled 4 of the of the worst defences in the league and added a starting centerback from each into a stats comparison for defensive actions per 90 this season. I wanted to compare them to our starting pair.

The result is woeful. Amartey averages 4th place out of the 6 centerbacks on all of the stats apart from taking on dribblers where he has done much better than the sample his season.

Evans meanwhile averages last place out of the sample. He has been shocking this season and statistically he has been terrible at everything.

Eitherway the fact that one of our starting center backs is statistically worse than a centerback that starts for Borenmouth is extremely worrying.

Essentially Evans is past it.

1576494768_CompretoBournemouth..thumb.png.560854884e7e38ab9426a76f6dd2d3bb.png

For fun I also compared them to Bornemouth's pairing who are the worst in the league at defence currently and Bournemouths pair average better than both of our centerbacks at almost all of the stats in the sample. If our centerbacks are actually worse than Bournemouth's we are in HUGE trouble.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shailen said:

We have enough quality to not get relegated. We're in bad form and confidence is low. A win or two will change that. 

Oooh I’ve heard that before.. on here actually during the season we got relegated to League 1. 

Its not always about quality. It’s about when the rot sets in. Just like it did under Holloway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Comfortably in the worst 5 sides in the league as we speak. More than likely we are in the fight if we persist with this rabble. 

See, this is exactly what I don't get. It's insulting. They aren't a "rabble", just underperforming right now and maybe that's down to poor coaching, poor fitness, lack of positivity, the hangover of last seasons failed expectations. Remember we finished 8th BTW. Not bad considering the things that were out of the teams/managers control. I'm sure they don't run out of the tunnel and think "**** it, I can't be arsed, my team-mates are shit and we're all a rabble". I genuinely believe that as professional sportsmen that have their own expectations of how they want to perform, they will try their best, maybe a few exceptions as in Forfana but he's gone anyway.

Who do you think is part of this "rabble" of which you speak? 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Does LCFC think it’s too good to be relegated

We’ve been here before. Mainly when we went down to League One. You’d like to think lessons have been learnt but I’m not so sure. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Oooh I’ve heard that before.. on here actually during the season we got relegated to League 1. 

Its not always about quality. It’s about when the rot sets in. Just like it did under Holloway.

He was shite. More shite than our current incumbent. Where is he now? Is he the new member of The Worzels?

We're only four games in of course but it's not the league position that make me fear for a relegation fight, it is a number of things.

So far we have thrown away two home bankers from winning positions with cowardly second half performances and lost to ten men today.  We are conceding two gpals per game every game and somehow we are in a position where Dan Amartey is first choice CB.  Te feelgood factor has gone and there appears to be a malaise gathering over the club.  We are stymied by the fact that we can't replace our manager and we can't sign a single first team player,  We have gone backwards with last years disastrous transfer window and loss of form for players like Wilf, Vardy and Justin.  We have at least three players that don't want to be here in Soumare, Fofana and Tielemans and probably Soyuncu.  We have one point from four games which woks ou at less than 10 points for a season which is Derby County levels of wretchedness

We're not too good to go down.  I can remember very good Leeds and West Ham sides that went down after having been top six the previous year.

Apart from all of that, we're fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

See, this is exactly what I don't get. It's insulting. They aren't a "rabble", just underperforming right now and maybe that's down to poor coaching, poor fitness, lack of positivity, the hangover of last seasons failed expectations. Remember we finished 8th BTW. Not bad considering the things that were out of the teams/managers control. I'm sure they don't run out of the tunnel and think "**** it, I can't be arsed, my team-mates are shit and we're all a rabble". I genuinely believe that as professional sportsmen that have their own expectations of how they want to perform, they will try their best, maybe a few exceptions as in Forfana but he's gone anyway.

Who do you think is part of this "rabble" of which you speak? 

By rabble I mean largely the manager, back room staff and the dead weight we have left (which is a lot). 

If today was the tipping point for you then you’ve not been paying attention for the last year. 

I thought we were pretty good today. Really fortuitous goal for their first goal, really poor finishing from Vardy & Perez unfortunate not to score.   

No two ways about it though, the squad as it stands is in a relegation battle. 

You can point to Bournemouth getting tonked all you like - but they've actually won a game and sit two points ahead of us. We've thrown away two leads, losing 4 points in the process, and just let two in against ten men. :dunno:

We may well be bottom by the end of the weekend, and deservedly so.

26 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I think we probably have the footballing quality of a side in the top half. But we probably are mentally the weakest team in the division. I'd say we could get relegated but it's unlikely. Suspect a new manager would get a tune out of this bunch. Sorting the defence would be a good place to start.

Just like last season, sorting the defence out is THE priority. And I don’t only mean Amartey. Evans has been every bit as bad.

I honestly find it quite criminal that we are starting Premiership games in 2022 with a CB pairing of Evans and Amartey.

We’ve gone miles back in that respect, compared to Huth/Morgan for instance. Amartey is championship quality. Evans is just past it.

We must sort this situation out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

You can point to Bournemouth getting tonked all you like - but they've actually won a game and sit two points ahead of us. We've thrown away two leads, losing 4 points in the process, and just let two in against ten men. :dunno:

We may well be bottom by the end of the weekend, and deservedly so.

Sometimes think it would take a tonking like that to get us to wake up but it probably wouldn't and would happen again :(