Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

We weren't even this bad under Claudio 16/17

Oh we were. Some absolute shockers in the first half of the season and that Middlesbrough to Swansea one point and no goals in six games were appallingly bad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Yes but nothing lasts forever and it would be very surprising if things didn’t change soon

If you take the Rodgers reign statistically there hasn't been a period where goals conceded has been lower than the previous period. Basically we've got consistently worse defensively with no signs of improvement for 3 and a half years.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

Think we're in serious danger of going down. We need to get rid of Rodgers to even give us a chance as we can't even do the basics anymore, but I'm sceptical as to whether we could attract a quality manager with the predicament the club is in. The squad is full of mercenaries who don't seem to give a shit about the club or have any connection with the supporters. The newly promoted teams (apart from Bournemouth) look like they have a very good chance of staying up and pretty much all the teams you'd expect to be in a relegation scrap have improved. I'm not confident that we're going to keep everyone fit either.

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 2

They’ll certainly go down if Rodgers stays, and there’s certainly enough talent to stay up if he goes.  There’s a number of matches they can wait before it’s too late - 20?  15, 10?  Who knows.  The point is that there’s no upside to waiting and risking that it is too late when they finally move.  Firing Rodgers after half a season doesn’t save nearly enough money to justify playing footsie with relegation, which would be an unmitigated disaster the club might never recover from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I fail to see how anyone can have the confidence we won't go down under Rodgers. He has managed to make a very frustrating situation spiral in to freefall and although this squad, with its imbalance and weaknesses isn't cast iron relegation fodder, its feasible we will be in a battle if we aren't careful and I'd not fancy us to get out of it as we are too soft and have massive problems.

He's got to go, we cannot risk nearly a decade of progression, it would be catastrophic. Forget FFP from UEFA, sort your bread and butter out. 

I'm at a point where I think we have to view paying him off as an investment. Make no mistake we're 100% one of the three worst teams with this bloke in charge. It's genuinely disgraceful how bad he's made us.

I'd sacrifice a couple of signings to get rid of him at this point. Ensure we never, ever pay such a stupid contract out again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Yes but nothing lasts forever and it would be very surprising if things didn’t change soon

Unintended I know, but this has to be one of the genuinely funniest things I’ve ever seen on FT.

Absolute crap that this defence can’t defend btw. You give a different manager these players and that xGA/game will drop, and by a pretty big amount too I reckon. 

You could stick Maldini in this defence and it would still be as bad, it stems from above, he doesn’t know how to coach a defence, he doesn’t know how to coach to defend set pieces, it’s gone on for about 24 months now, it’s laughable that we still have excuses being made and it’s laughable that he’s still in the job. 

• Like 1

We are 100% relegation material. Those who think we aren’t are in denial. And nothing will change until we remove Brendan Rodgers. He is marching us to our death. 

Yesterday was a prime example of a team equipped to go down. Couldn’t even beat a depleted 10 man Chelsea…… the fight has well and truly gone. But what do the boss’ do? Because Brendan is all but gone, and they still need to sign a player or two? 

It’s an impossible situation. 

• Like 2

Never in Rodgers career has he effectively shown how to get a team out of a slump. We’ve started the season in a slump and i’ve got some very real concerns we could end up adrift if things don’t improve. 

Anyone who thinks we can’t get relegated is in denial. So far we’ve got a manager who can’t handle pressure, we’ve sold our best keeper, sold our best cb and not replaced either and time is running out to replace them. 

As it stands right of this moment, we are in trouble, real trouble. 

I hope to god it improves and fast.

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

Think we're in serious danger of going down. We need to get rid of Rodgers to even give us a chance as we can't even do the basics anymore, but I'm sceptical as to whether we could attract a quality manager with the predicament the club is in. The squad is full of mercenaries who don't seem to give a shit about the club or have any connection with the supporters. The newly promoted teams (apart from Bournemouth) look like they have a very good chance of staying up and pretty much all the teams you'd expect to be in a relegation scrap have improved. I'm not confident that we're going to keep everyone fit either.

The point about mercenaries is an interesting one that I thought about doing a topic on, but not sure if explain my point to well.

These players are trying, I’ve mentioned this in other threads. There is no hiding on a football pitch.

But…….

I don’t feel they are as invested in the club or an identity as we the fans would like. Exception I think is KDH right now, possibly madders and JJ.

I remember 2 seasons ago in a post Match interview madders saying “We are Leicester city and we should be beating these teams or words to that effect” that’s the attitude and spirit we need.

Not arrogance but that belief we should be competing in and around the top 4-6

Vards as an example, has achieved things beyond his wildest dreams. Has been given a new contract, has the crowd chanting and cheering his name. But at home & away games (upon arrival) I don’t see no interaction with his own fans like he used too, though he was more then happy having pics with Chelsea fans yesterday. When he retires I think he will easily be able to disconnect from LCFC and move on.

It’s like (though yes he doesn’t like losing) he’s at the point of enjoying playing more then the actual result if that makes sense.

edit; I am not bashing Vards he’s a legend!

just feels like he and others are not so invested in the club, fans, identity or whatever it is I’m trying to make the point over. 

Edited by turkish14

45 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Reading this I’m surprised nobody questions the board, owners or Rudkin… I mean Rodgers doesn’t hand contracts out, he’s had his hands tied with recruitments, he knows this squad isn’t good enough since last February but can’t change a thing, he should take some blame but not all of it.

People do question the hierarchy, but, it’s clear Brendan has has personal input on transfers recently. I think there’s no coincidence to Brendan’s degrading attitude and Congerton going in my opinion. So he does carry the can somewhat for transfers. But, what is unforgivable is his apparently lack of desire to work with what he has got. I’m behind the owners of they’ve decided not to give Brendan money to spend without him selling, he over saw some awful signings last summer, and when you look at his Liverpool signings, the majority were shockers.

Having played both Brentford and Southampton at home we should definitely have picked up more points from the opening 4 games. I never pay attention to yhe league table until 12 games in as many sides take time to settle into their rhythm and it us massively skewed at this point by the teams that you have played. I do believe that we will finish mid-table however our poor start to the season  is concerning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Having played both Brentford and Southampton at home we should definitely have picked up more points from the opening 4 games. I never pay attention to yhe league table until 12 games in as many sides take time to settle into their rhythm and it us massively skewed at this point by the teams that you have played. I do believe that we will finish mid-table however our poor start to the season  is concerning.

Considering both games we took the lead at home and then turn into this scared bunch of kids is nothing short of unprofessional, how many times do you hear managers saying see the game out, you’re always most vulnerable when you score yet we seem to just hit the panic button.

That falls at Rodgers’ door, he instils the belief or lack there of.

8 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

If you take the Rodgers reign statistically there hasn't been a period where goals conceded has been lower than the previous period. Basically we've got consistently worse defensively with no signs of improvement for 3 and a half years.

On that logic we’ll be losing 10-0 by January 

• Haha 1

Until its mathematically safe I am always twitchy.  I think any side in that mid tier can be a bad set of results away from drifting into the danger zone. Right now, we are one of a few that can get sucked in. Really need a few wins to at least give us a breather, but i can't see where its going to come from. We could be bottom with 1 point next week.