Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, ealingfox said:

1 point from Brentford and Southampton at home for all the 'difficult fixtures' merchants. If we aren't winning those where the hell are 40 points coming from?

Exactly. 

I haven’t seen anyone yet show me clear evidence of teams worse than us right now… 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Make no mistake, we're in a battle. The acceptance of this crap has led us here 

We don’t have a culture within the club that encourages continuous improvement.

Some perspective. We were coasting for an hour against Brentford and had the game in our hands. Arsenal are flying and we were unlucky this afternoon, on another day Perez chance would have gone in.

Southampton was poor but four games in and apparently we are already relegated! Liverpool only had two points before today! 

• Thanks 1

We’re in a scrap, but hopefully it’s just a mini blip. I thought we looked quite good in pre season, but we must take the R word seriously.

It’s not totally woeful Peter Taylor style just yet. On another day there’s no deflection off Amartey and Perez puts it in off the cross bar, and Vardy bags a brace.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Some perspective. We were coasting for an hour against Brentford and had the game in our hands. Arsenal are flying and we were unlucky this afternoon, on another day Perez chance would have gone in.

Southampton was poor but four games in and apparently we are already relegated! Liverpool only had two points before today! 

It doesn’t bode well. We don’t look like a team that can win a game of football. We’re dangerously fragile and are extremely ineffective at either end of the field. No matter how you try to cover it up, we’re in big, big trouble. 

I honestly can’t see how this turns around bar a miracle on deadline day, of a new manager who somehow gets us firing. 

If we don't sign a starting center back we will be relegated. Simply put you cannot concede two goals a game and stay up. Even if 2019 Soyuncu re emerges and we sack Rodgers the issue is that our current fullbacks have no end product and our centerbacks are very bad, Amartey lets the opposition score a long shot against us every other game because he is shit at pressing players outside the 18 yard box. He is in the bottom 15th percentile this season for attempting to take on players.

Having a look on Fbref Evans has declined this season.

2019/2020:

Sussessful pressure percentage: 39.9%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled: 64.3%

Tackles per 90: 1.3

Blocks per 90: 1.44

Clearances per 90: 7.21

Interceptions: 1.04 (Had a bad season for interceptions that year every other year in the premier league he averaged 1.8 interceptions per game one of the best in the league at interceptions usually)

Compare it to this Season he is woeful now. He is half as good or worse in almost every stat this season so far compared to 2019/2020.

2022/2023:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 22.2%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 0% (means everyone who has taken him on has got past him this year although a player only gets past him every other game statistically, this  means that he is basically shiying away from opposition attackers now)

Tackles per 90: 0.33 (None of these tackles ended up winning us possesion of the ball btw)

Blocks per 90: 0.67

Clearances per 90: 3.67

Interceptions per 90: 1

Amartey has always been shit but the bigger issue is that Evans has declined hugely. Statistically this season Amartey has actually been better than Evans in all the stats mentioned above (not by much mind you) apart from interceptions where I am 90% sure Amartey is the worst starting centerback in the league at interceptions so far this seasons.

Amartey 2022/23 so far:

Sussessful pressure percentage per 90: 25%

Perecntage of Dribblers tackled when one on one per 90: 100% (This is probably due to the fact that he rarely ever pressures anyone and always just lets them get a shot off so he can get a block in)

Tackles per 90: 1.85

Blocks per 90: 1.48

Clearances per 90: 3.7

Interceptions per 90: 0.37 (one of the worst in the league)

The centerbacks are dreadful but those on here that keep blaming Amartey might need to start scapegoating Evans who is the shitter of the centerbacks. (Just to be clear both are very bad but almost no one seems to be having a go at Evans on here)

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Aren’t those reasons for him to go.

Guest itude
1 hour ago, Onions said:

I swear people get excited when we lose so they can sprout this rubbish 😂

Not excited no, resigned to the probable reality maybe.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Club's in a mess!!

Rodgers an unflushable turd!...

Don't fancy our chances of staying up... what's going to change??

See five possible outcomes, all refreshing and waking us from our malaise 

1. Sack Rodgers, replace him with Mr/Mrs other manager
  2. We get a good CB and a good RW
  3. Both of the above
  4. Club is sold
  5. Club becomes an ensemble Elvis tribute band

18 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

This post is a grade a example of the copium being used to deal with the decline over the past 18+ months. 

Its all excuses. We are poor and without drastic change we aren’t going to get any better. The signs have all be pointing in one direction for a while now.

• Thanks 1

This week is crucial. Top needs to be here as Rudkin’s brain is on holiday. We need to turn things around against Manure.  I cannot believe what has happened to our Club. Colossal mid-management on all fronts.

• Like 1

We've still got the bulk of a squad that managed a top-half finish in an injury-ravaged season. One that is perfectly capable of stringing together a run of results once we get in the groove and find the tactics (and new players, potentially) that work well for us.

Something does need to change of course, but we're by no means down and out already.

That being said, the longer Rodgers stays at the helm and continues to take us down this path, the far greater risk that we do finish in the bottom 3. It needs to change, and the sooner the better. But as long as it happens before the World Cup break, I think we'll be fine.

'Fine' frankly isn't good enough for our aspirations, but that's where we seem to be at lately so I'll take it.

• Like 1

Crux being this set of players need some confidence as they couldn't even beat Stockport in 90 mins.  

We need to get something against Manure & show lots of passion & desire to want to beat United as we will likely lose at Brighton, we need some onwards and upwards and quickly.

Not sure where it is with the current set up BUT we need some of the great escape mentality and quickly so we are not cut adrift, NOBODY is too good to go down.

So many points thrown away this season, no doubt about it, we should have managed Brentford & Southampton games to wins and now we wouldn't be bricking it, we have something to build on and some confidence.  They were massive massive opportunities missed.

Guest itude
3 minutes ago, sdb said:

I genuinely think we'll finish bottom 3 unless something drastic happens soon. I'd take 15th right now if it were offered. The trajectory of the club is frightening. 

Yeah, and this has been happening for a while now. I have have not heard one good argument to suggest otherwise. How much further before the needed changes are made ?

413173278_Drosscompare.thumb.png.48f08edc8d9e0348216a236dfd347bac.png

I sampled 4 of the of the worst defences in the league and added a starting centerback from each into a stats comparison for defensive actions per 90 this season. I wanted to compare them to our starting pair.

The result is woeful. Amartey averages 4th place out of the 6 centerbacks on all of the stats apart from taking on dribblers where he has done much better than the sample his season.

Evans meanwhile averages last place out of the sample. He has been shocking this season and statistically he has been terrible at everything.

Eitherway the fact that one of our starting center backs is statistically worse than a centerback that starts for Borenmouth is extremely worrying.

Essentially Evans is past it.

Edited by Fightforever
Corrected the data
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

We are in a relegation battle with Rodgers. Must be sacked now! And make no mistake he wants the sack 

Unfortunately he is on a huge contract and the finance dept have a tight reign on things. Its not going to happen. 

Businessmen are making the footballing decisions and we all know how wrong that goes.