Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

The thing is that, even at our best under Rodgers such as the first half of the 19-20 season, we've been as spineless against the ruthless as we were ruthless against the spineless. Now we aren't even that.

The Rodgers team of 19-20 at 2-0 up against Brentford goes on to win 4-0 and starts us off nicely for the season, and it certainly doesn't blow a home lead against Southampton. That's five additional points already if we had some backbone.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Why binning Ward? I'm more and more puzzled why anyone's having a go at the guy, certainly the amount he's getting.. The drop against Arsenal aside, there's nothing else he could have done and had a decent save early on today.

Obvious this was going to happen when Schmeichel left, we're that sort of a fanbase.

And he made a brilliant save to deny Sterling a second before the latter scored his second. We are also looking less shaky at corners. Ward is the least of our problems right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Surely Rudkin will be having words with Top , there is no way Brendan can continue surely?

He can have words all he wants but what this bloke has done with the cheque book in Brendan’s tenure is criminal.

29 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

How can we go to having one of the best up and coming squads 2 years ago and now we have a stinking pile of s**t for a team.  I know it is all about perceptions, and the players aren't as bad as they seem at the moment, but if we continue with Rodgers we'll probably go down.  I will be miserable every weekend for the next 20 weeks or so if he stays, then I'll go into the "I don't care, it is only a game" acceptance just to be able to cope. 

He is a pusillanimous clown . Give him 10 games and if we’re still in the bottom 3 and playing sh*t timid football get him to f**k out 

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

He is a pusillanimous clown . Give him 10 games and if we’re still in the bottom 3 and playing sh*t timid football get him to f**k out 

Yes, intestinal fortitude is a quality that may be lacking. 

Bit of an over exaggeration, not sure why numerous posters were so adamant we’d do well this season though.

Over the past few seasons, challenging for Europe felt like a certainty. Going into this season there were numerous doubts to be had, staleness stemming from last season, a refresh which now hasn’t come and numerous contract situations to sort out.

This time around I really didn’t know what to think coming into this season, part of me felt like we’re capable of finishing 7th, part of me feared we could end up like the Everton of last season, still early days but unfortunately the latter looks a distinct possibility.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm banking on Rodgers going. So then we'll be fine lol

4 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Really not sure how you've come to that conclusion? 

Under the current regime, we are going down - make no mistake about it. A change needs to happen.

See above. 

Guest glasgowfox

Honestly think there are big finance problems.... If brendan gets the sack it won't be before the transfer window closes.   If he doesn't get sacked he will not get a penny to spend imo.   Think he may get sacked using fofana money to pay him off.   New manager has to motivate a team with some decent players but no chance to bring in new players but at least cags may get a chance.  Have a feeling kp will sell if relegation looks likely at Christmas.... New owners may put in money for the next transfer window but we all know its a terrible time to buy new players.   LCFC is very appealing to potential buyers just now imo but may be less so if we stick rather than deal 

I never usually post about us but I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach that we could go I know a lot of people have there opinions on Pearson but I have always been a fan of him and whether you like it or not that’s what we need before it’s too late someone of that ilk to grab some players around the neck and go out and fight for this club,like I said Rodgers is too soft and we have to grab some points whichever way possible and the players need a good old kick up the arse and restart the way we play with fire determination and a bit of aggression at the moment apart from Bournemouth I actually can’t see any points anywhere else if we continue this way

Very real possibility:

- we will prob soon have money but very little time in which to spend any

- we are about to lose our best CB by a country mile

- three of the four games have been against very average sides. Brentford, Southampton and Chelsea (who are nothing special this season)

- we haven’t sold any of the deadwood.

- Rodgers looks clueless in terms of how to change things

- There is no transparency at the club anymore. No-one knows what’s really going on. Usually a sign that there IS something going on

- Our next match is against an in-form Man Utd

- A lot of clubs have spent proper money and have strengthened. Eg Forest 

It don’t bode well. The odds on us being relegated have dropped dramatically 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, don't sack him until after Thursday. 

The is no other way, next few days are going to be crazy.

We have been sleep walking to this moment foe months.

It's going to take real leadership to get us out of this mess.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Sad 1