Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Can’t believe I’m saying this, and I know it’s only 4 games in, but we’re leaking goals, we have next to no creativity and fight. 

I can’t see us getting out of this - especially as the gap widens. The longer this goes on, the harder it becomes for this group and manager to drag us out of it. 

Even under Nigel, when we looked dead and buried in the table, we were always in games and showed some fight. 

If they don’t freshen it up soon, we could go down. And, if the rumours are true that we’ve written off future earnings (including potential parachute payments) to cover our current mega loans, we could be royally ****ed if we do get relegated. 

• Like 1

For me it’s the constant capitulations. There seems to be something very wrong. The heads go down too easily. I don’t even think Brendan is a bad coach he’s just checked out. We need a change. Sooner rather than later. Why my sentences so short? Lazy? What’s happened? Sound like Incredible Hulk. Rumble smash. Rumble sad. Rumble no like football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Bottom 3 by the time we break for the WC. 

If we don't sack him at that point and get someone in the give us a kick up the arse then relegated by the end of the season. 

He will be gone by then, he's already on borrow time.

I've watched a lot of games this season and I can honestly say we are worse than most. What's happened in the past or how good players were is irrelevant. Here and now, we are among the worst teams I am convinced. Vardy is not the Vardy of old at all, players have no confidence, we have just lost our best defender, I can honestly see us in a relegation battle, nailed on. From what I've seen Bournemouth, Everton, us are the worst teams so far. We always look seconds from a mistake at either end of the pitch. Two years ago, with Chelsea in poor form and a man down after half an hour, I'd have been confident we would win. Today I knew we would still lose. I knew saints would win after they equalised, I knew Brentford would equalise after they got one back. It's getting boring, stale, predictable. Guys like Praet, Soumare, Perez, Daka, Kelechi, Amartey etc aren't good enough at all. Where's all our goals coming from? Maddison? He has to create them and score them?? It's going to be a disaster of a season.

• Like 1

3 points off 12th and we have played arsenal and chelsea already. Not a great set of results but realistically i think the most we were going to get from the first 4 games was 4 or 6.

Yes with united next it doesnt look great but it's a long season. If after say 12 to 15 games we are in the bottom 2 then we have a gigantic problem. But again, this season for us is about safety plus 5 to 10 points. Anything more is icing in the cake.

Whats clear is that BR needs to be sacked. Lose 2-1 to a 10 men team (even if its chelsea is rubbish). Draw worst case. 

Keep the faith lads we can do this.

• Like 1

with fulham and forest looking hopeful. You have to wonder what other teams are contenders. bmouth are obviously number 1 right now but the others i’m looking at southampton and brentford (2 teams we’ve gifted points to) and everton. 

I think everyone else will be clear. so do we have enough to power past 3 of those … can’t say i’m confident. 

Worrying times that I was cheering a late arsenal winner 

I could see this before we even kicked a ball this season from last season and Bodgers ball! we are in big big trouble and if some fans think we ain’t and are still backing Bodgers then you need to wake up no signings no money no word from top to what wtaf he is doing! If he still 100% committed to the club does he want out does he want to sell part of Leicester? Said fofana is not for sale at all unless a huge world record bid comes in no sold him for 75m so no where near! It’s a massive week for this club the board either wake up sign some DECENT players and back Bodgers or sign no1 and sack him mid September then by January we could be in a real mess! I think as a manager Bodgers has been found out with his tactics teams know how to set up against us and beat us pretty easily atm and it just ain’t good so a so called elite manager! big changes needed and at least 3 quality players through the door but I can’t see it. CB and winger must be priority! Before the window shuts surely 

Edited by Thebluefox85

The situation is nothing 2 wins in the spin won't sort out. 

I actually think it's a good time to have a bad run. Free falling in February is far more dangerous. 

We will, hopefully sooner rather than later, find a formula that works. 

Last season, we had lucky early season wins over wolves, Norwich, Brentford and a woeful Man U hat papered over the cracks a consequently we never sought to find a better formula 

Joking aside, anything below a mid table finish is unacceptable. 

People will stamp the feet and point to the fact where we’ve come from, history etc.

However, our wage bill is amongst the highest in the league.

We have good players, however I’m now sure that the batch of players have stepped up to the plate.

The issue is that we are over paying for the players we have. 

Our net spend over the past 5 years is -£94.5m. That places us at 15th of the 20 clubs in the league. By comparison, Forest have spent more than that, this season. 

Come January, the owners might need to make a choice on if they gamble to stay in the league by spending if we aren’t careful. 

Our issue is the defence though. For 18 months, we’ve been unable to keep clean sheets. That’s included playing the likes of Fofana, Evans in semi form, Soyuncu, Vestergaard. This wasn’t an issue when Rodgers took over. That is coaching and tactics. 

NDidi looks like a broken player. He just isn’t the beast that he once was. 

Father Time is catching up with Vardy, as his overall contribution and spear heading of our attack isn’t as effective as it once was. Daka isn’t as able to drop into playing as a lone striker, as he’s still adapting to a higher level of tactical awareness. 

The persistent selection of Amartey in a ball retention based setup is worrying. He isn’t capable of playing centre back at this level, as he panics when pressed. 

Also, what’s happened to the set piece and in game analysis teams? Are they currently non existent? Who on Earth suggested we take Youri off today and bring on NDidi? 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know it seems depressing but we’re literally one Vardy or Barnes ‘hot spell’ away from being well clear of any mess. It’ll be okay. Barnes looked good today. 

We are conceding 2.5 goals per game at the minute. That means we would have to score 2 or 3 goals a game on average to just get a draw. We can't just attack our way out of this mess our defence is simply too bad.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only relegation fodder would take blessings like a decimated Chelsea backline and an early red card in a game that’s a free hit…and sit back to play in our own half for 60 minutes and two goals before we started going for it. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Only relegation fodder would take blessings like a decimated Chelsea backline and an early red card in a game that’s a free hit…and sit back to play in our own half for 60 minutes and two goals before we started going for it. 

That's the Rodgers special. He's living in 2010.

• Like 2

I don't think we are in the Top 3 worst teams this season, there is worse than us. However, it doesn't take much to get dragged in, ask Everton or West Ham.

My concern is that I cannot see where our first win is coming from? Villa at home has to be, then the next best chance arguably Bournemouth away. Forest at home if we can get our act together. Fingers crossed by mid November we are comfortably in midtable territory.