Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Ahead of Bournemouth?  Do us a favour. We could play the rest of the season with the form, formation and management and we'll still be qell ahead of Saints and Bournemouth. Both are woeful. 

The third slot is a fist fight with us, Everton, Brentford, forest, Fulham, villa and maybe wolves .....I'd back us to finish ahead of at least one if them, again, even if we play more or less the same all year

Sorry.  But if we carry on the season as we've started which is 1 point from 4 games, we won't even hit Derby's Total. 

If we don't improve, then getting to 40 points is a mammoth task from here. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Ahead of Bournemouth?  Do us a favour. We could play the rest of the season with the form, formation and management and we'll still be qell ahead of Saints and Bournemouth. Both are woeful. 

The third slot is a fist fight with us, Everton, Brentford, forest, Fulham, villa and maybe wolves .....I'd back us to finish ahead of at least one if them, again, even if we play more or less the same all year

The same saints that beat us. Bournemouth would probably be too much for us away from home as well.

We let our number 1 keeper go and arguably our best centre back at the minute with nothing on the cards for replacements before the end of the transfer window. Yeah we're in trouble and it's only going to get worse the longer he's in charge. I'll be honest, I'm not sure where we're going to get points from looking at the games ahead of us. 

I said we'd be in trouble this season if we didn't act in the summer and get rid of BR, absolutely nothing I've seen in the first few games has made me doubt that.

We're not even getting through thanks to individual brilliance, which is what kept us going last season.

• Like 1

As it stands, we're one of the three worst teams in the division and will be relegated. If the club wants to avoid this, serious transfer work is required this week. I doubt this is the right week to change Manager, but that may also be needed if we can find better. 

Teams that don't win games against ten men having not won in three will tend to be relegated. Leicester fans have seen this before. And all over the pitch, we have obvious weaknesses. 

Time the fans, players, management and owners faced up to the blindingly obvious 4th bottom is the target now. 

• Like 2

Our squad is good enough to finish top half. The fact that these players have been contending in Europe the last few seasons confirms that. Yes, due to departures and no new signings we are weaker on paper starting this season, but clearly we are massively under performing. Failing to beat Brentford and Southampton at home and losing to 10 men from 0 - 0 today shows a lack of confidence, morale, mental toughness, tactical acumen and poor team selection. The responsibility for all of which can be laid at Rodgers' door. Where would the 9 points we have squandered put is in the league? Remove Rodgers and a new manager will reset and get far more out of the talented squad we already have. That will be sufficient to at least get us out of the bottom 3. Then rebuild starting in January but complete the job in the summer. Panic buying now with Rodgers still at the helm would be a huge mistake. For me, his time has run out! 

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I fail to see how anyone can have the confidence we won't go down under Rodgers. He has managed to make a very frustrating situation spiral in to freefall and although this squad, with its imbalance and weaknesses isn't cast iron relegation fodder, its feasible we will be in a battle if we aren't careful and I'd not fancy us to get out of it as we are too soft and have massive problems.

He's got to go, we cannot risk nearly a decade of progression, it would be catastrophic. Forget FFP from UEFA, sort your bread and butter out. 

100% but we need players in, sacking the manager make the last 4 days of the win very difficult.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

We have enough in our locker if we move from the passive knock around back stuff and play on the front foot.

Combine with bring in a CB, RW and binning Ward off.

Why binning Ward? I'm more and more puzzled why anyone's having a go at the guy, certainly the amount he's getting.. The drop against Arsenal aside, there's nothing else he could have done and had a decent save early on today.

Obvious this was going to happen when Schmeichel left, we're that sort of a fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Why binning Ward? I'm more and more puzzled why anyone's having a go at the guy, certainly the amount he's getting.. The drop against Arsenal aside, there's nothing else he could have done and had a decent save early on today.

Obvious this was going to happen when Schmeichel left, we're that sort of a fanbase.

We have conceded 10 in 4, sometimes you have to make a change just to shake stuff up.

Edited by coolhandfox

Today I saw a side I'm a lot more positive about but we need a couple of signings, we desperately need a CB and I'd suggest we play with a new front line because the chances missed today were pretty bad, that game was for the taking. Nacho did add a positive element today with having shots on goal whenever there was a sniff, we need more of this and playing without ndidi was a positive move we should utilise more. I think a couple of signings and we will be fine as long as heads don't drop.

• Like 1