Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

I could see this before we even kicked a ball this season from last season and Bodgers ball! we are in big big trouble and if some fans think we ain’t and are still backing Bodgers then you need to wake up no signings no money no word from top to what wtaf he is doing! If he still 100% committed to the club does he want out does he want to sell part of Leicester? Said fofana is not for sale at all unless a huge world record bid comes in no sold him for 75m so no where near! It’s a massive week for this club the board either wake up sign some DECENT players and back Bodgers or sign no1 and sack him mid September then by January we could be in a real mess! I think as a manager Bodgers has been found out with his tactics teams know how to set up against us and beat us pretty easily atm and it just ain’t good so a so called elite manager! big changes needed and at least 3 quality players through the door but I can’t see it. CB and winger must be priority! Before the window shuts surely 

Bodgers lol

22 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I can’t think of a single fixture that I’d be confident of us winning

Agreed. We are such push-overs - physically the weediest team in the dvision by a long chalk.

Loftus-Cheek and Reece James just brushed our players aside - must've thought they were playing our Under 9s!   and god knows what Mitrovich is gonna do to that defence of ours..

Edited by SuperMike
More rant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Oooh I’ve heard that before.. on here actually during the season we got relegated to League 1. 

Its not always about quality. It’s about when the rot sets in. Just like it did under Holloway.

I think we've had worst periods of form since we've got promoted back into the PL, we lost 6 PL games in a row under Ranieri, but comfortably survived that season. I'm not saying things are good at the moment but we've only lost 3 in a row in the league, with two being against Chelsea and Arsenal. Too early for calls to get rid of Rodgers, etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

We’ve been here before. Mainly when we went down to League One. You’d like to think lessons have been learnt but I’m not so sure. 

Are you saying no lessons have been learnt from 2008 to now? Despite having sacked plenty of managers since then for underperforming? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think we've had worst periods of form since we've got promoted back into the PL, we lost 6 PL games in a row under Ranieri, but comfortably survived that season. I'm not saying things are good at the moment but we've only lost 3 in a row in the league, with two being against Chelsea and Arsenal. Too early for calls to get rid of Rodgers, etc.. 

Don't you even take last season into account? Apart from 9 points at the end against a bunch of total duffers we were comfortably relegation fodder. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are you saying no lessons have been learnt from 2008 to now? Despite having sacked plenty of managers since then for underperforming? 

Specifically talking about Col’s “too good to go down” comment. We’ve been burnt there before (as my post suggests). If that’s the general consensus at the club we’re in massive trouble. Who knows whether it is or isn’t, but relying on names and reputation alone is not enough to keep you in this division. 

Just now, Manini said:

Specifically talking about Col’s “too good to go down” comment. We’ve been burnt there before (as my post suggests). If that’s the general consensus at the club we’re in massive trouble. Who knows whether it is or isn’t, but relying on names and reputation alone is not enough to keep you in this division. 

I don't think the club think like this. I think they ultimately will rely on the players getting us out of this shit. But they need to make a big call and sack Rodgers, so that a good manager can help the players with that mission. 

It's far too early to call for relegation though. 4 games in. Even with the predicament we're in. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, shailen said:

there’s different ways to lose. The way we have lost in recent games has been unacceptable. If we lost but gave it and we’re unlucky or just beaten by the better side, but have given a good account of ourselves, no complaints. Lose on a whimper…unacceptable 

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we can sort out the defence we will win games.

The issue is I don't think we can.

Evans since after his hamstring injury has been a shadow of his former self.

Amartey is just as bad.

Castange is decent on the attack but defensively he is terrible too.

Not to mention we lost Schmeichel and replaced him with a bang average Keeper.

The only way we can fix our defence is if we buy some new players.

Our defence when Fofana was out last season was the worst since they started collecting data based xGA. And that was when we had Schmeichel.

Clearly these issues have been around for a while now.

Our defenders are simply not good enough at defending. Although Rodgers has been shit I don't think he can really do much about this.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We all on here should be used to the brutal nature of the PL by now. Going 4/5/6/7 winless streaks is entirely normal. For most teams. 

To flip it the other way, you can get streaks of luck. Arsenal are the living embodiment of serendipitous run of games. An average Palace. A woefully out of sorts us. An appalling Bournemouth. A ultra limited Fulham. 4 wins, and they are (wrongly) being held up as invincible reborn

49 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

No chance we go down. Brendan will get the boot in a few games and we'l be reet. Got a top 10 squad easy. 

Have you not read the post above relating to our defence.

Thats not the back four of any top ten squad. Read it mate and think about what you’re writing.

The poster above has done his homework and provided you with the evidence. Ie. If we DONT sort the defence out, we will be in a relegation battle. Can’t you see that or is good old fashioned common sense not at home?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

The issue is I don't think we can.

Evans since after his hamstring injury has been a shadow of his former self.

Amartey is just as bad.

Castange is decent on the attack but defensively he is terrible too.

Not to mention we lost Schmeichel and replaced him with a bang average Keeper.

The only way we can fix our defence is if we buy some new players.

Our defence when Fofana was out last season was the worst since they started collecting data based xGA. And that was when we had Schmeichel.

Clearly these issues have been around for a while now.

Our defenders are simply not good enough at defending. Although Rodgers has been shit I don't think he can really do much about this.

No doubt we have to sign at least one CB and hope that some of the others find form.

Still think changing the manager to some who actually has a clue of how to organise a defence maybe the key.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have you not read the post above relating to our defence.

Thats not the back four of any top ten squad. Read it mate and think about what you’re writing.

The poster above has done his homework and provided you with the evidence. Ie. If we DONT sort the defence out, we will be in a relegation battle. Can’t you see that or is good old fashioned common sense not at home?

Nah not read it. If he gets sacked we get top 10 easy. Even he stays we  won't go down  Fancy a bet? 

52 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No doubt we have to sign at least one CB and hope that some of the others find form.

Still think changing the manager to some who actually has a clue of how to organise a defence maybe the key.

Amartey has never been good enough. Evans has heen hampered by injury and is too old. I don't think form can fix our CB situation. We simply need new players. Imo promote Ben Nelson and get one or two more in from abroad.

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Amartey has never been good enough. Evans has heen hampered by injury and is too old. I don't think form can fix our CB situation. We simply need new players. Imo promote Ben Nelson and get one or two more in from abroad.

He is no where near ready. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Too early for calls to get rid of Rodgers, etc.. 

I am absolutely astounded that anyone can still think this, just how bad does it have to get for you to want Rodgers out? We’ve taken 11 points out of a possible 48 in the past few months away from home. That’s literally enough to get a team relegated (unless they have very good home form). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Bodgers lol

I disagree. I don’t think we’re that far away and apart from the Arsenal game we’ve been close to getting something in each match. In big trouble means games away from relegation and we’re a long way from that yet.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think we will get relegated. I have every faith that the owners will sack within the next few matches, and the new manager will have a bounce and get us comfortable with the squad we have. We have more than enough ability for a top 10 finish. Once Rodgers goes we will see it again.