Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Which Teachers/Lessons Do You Remember From School?

Mr Bickley, maths/PE teacher, Stoke fan. Nice fella, we had lots of football chats.

Years after l left he was hit on the head with discuss, very ill apparently.

Mr Roberts, History (l think). Mad Welshman, would have mad rages & throw chalk & anything he could pick up at us.

Mr Williams (Sparky), Maths. Scariest teacher ever. Old school, nobody dare step out of line.

Miss Spice. French. Amazing figure, rumoured to have had a fling with a pupil. Married Mr Roberts (see above), she was half his age, knocked her about apparently. Didn’t last. 

Mrs Johnson (Martin’s mum), PE. Always seemed to have time to speak, never barked orders. Unfortunately died years ago, had a sports hall named after her. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Did you go to the same school as me lol

Had a geography teacher (not same as my other post) who was quite a bit older and his behaviour around the girls was always a bit dodgy. An eccentric character nonetheless... 

Wouldn't say he was eccentric.

I went wreake valley.

Miss Watson, Mowmacre Hills Juniors.  Great teacher, kept discipline well and made sure we got through the curriculum.  But she loved classical music and encouraged us to listen to that rather than pop.  I can remember her asking 'Who's top of your pops this week?'  Answer 'The Beatles Miss'.  Her response was ' Classical composers like Beethoven are remembered for hundreds of years, in five years time nobody will remember the Beatles.'  :)

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Troy Thacker used to throw basketballs at peoples heads at Lanky boys if we talked during PE whilst he was talking…

We had a full lesson of PE once where the kids ran around the perimeter of the sports hall as the teachers and one 'popular' lad launched solid basketball balls at us. One lad was hit in the head and it smacked into the wall - thinking it would stop there he was just "out" and the game carried on lol

Mental when you think about it, this was only around 2006 as well 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

If you did something because someone else did it, the classic teacher line in my primary school was 'Would you stick your hand in a fire if they did it?'

Well obviously not Miss, there is a difference between putting your hand in a fire and doodling on your exercise book you fvcking moron.

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Mr Bickley, maths/PE teacher, Stoke fan. Nice fella, we had lots of football chats.

Years after l left he was hit on the head with discuss, very ill apparently.

Mr Roberts, History (l think). Mad Welshman, would have mad rages & throw chalk & anything he could pick up at us.

Mr Williams (Sparky), Maths. Scariest teacher ever. Old school, nobody dare step out of line.

Miss Spice. French. Amazing figure, rumoured to have had a fling with a pupil. Married Mr Roberts (see above), she was half his age, knocked her about apparently. Didn’t last. 

Mrs Johnson (Martin’s mum), PE. Always seemed to have time to speak, never barked orders. Unfortunately died years ago, had a sports hall named after her. 

Know where you went then, though had no idea Bickley did Maths too. I started after the discuss incident and he went on to teach of quite a few years after as he taught my brother too.

On the subject of PE/Maths teachers in the same area, there'll be few who don't remember Mr Spittle. Generations of families, including my own, were taught by him. Mr Riseborough in the same boat too.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Know where you went then, though had no idea Bickley did Maths too. I started after the discuss incident and he went on to teach of quite a few years after as he taught my brother too.

On the subject of PE/Maths teachers in the same area, there'll be few who don't remember Mr Spittle. Generations of families, including my own, were taught by him. Mr Riseborough in the same boat too.

Yes, Mr Spittle of course ! He did teach me. Gets a mention in Martin Johnson’s autobiography too. Sure l saw him in Lidl recently !? Plays golf still l believe. 
Riseborough, l remember him vaguely, didn’t teach me though. 
l still live close to Welland Park. Happy days ( I think !)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Mrs Smally - RE. Some kids used to torment the poor old dear so much that on one occasion she hid in the cupboard because she couldn't handle it.

Mr Greatorex - Metalwork. Nasty bastard who would wrap you over the knuckles with a metal ruler if you misbehaved

Can't remember any decent teachers but that probably says more about me than them tbh

Was a **** wasn't he.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Did everyone have a dodgy music teacher?

Always seems to be them, no offence if there any music teachers on here lol

There was definitely some pretty strong rumours about ours at Humphreys. Obviously won't put a name out in case he was innocent, but a couple of credible witnesses say they saw him out and about with a couple of the year 9 girls

44 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

There was definitely some pretty strong rumours about ours at Humphreys. Obviously won't put a name out in case he was innocent, but a couple of credible witnesses say they saw him out and about with a couple of the year 9 girls

I'd heard the same thing and was joking about it to my wife one day and she told me the story and of a few other things he did while she was there too.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Did everyone have a dodgy music teacher?

Always seems to be them, no offence if there any music teachers on here lol

Quite the opposite. One of my favourite music teachers was my music / guitar teacher (he did both) 

Took a real interest in a band I started when he saw us at a gig night he used to put on. He had a basic recording studio set up in his dining room which he rarely used so asked us to come over and record a demo. We stayed there for weeks much to the annoyance of his wife.

Would lend us his expensive PA system to practice, and a few years later we were playing a festival in Germany and he bought tickets and flew out to come and see us play. 

Maybe he was hedging his bets on us getting big. We fizzled out not long after we peaked, but he was incredibly supportive and a genuine guy. 

I know he's still around so maybe I should reach out to him somehow. I think I owe him a pint for all the hours he put in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

He definitely got up to stuff he shouldn't have...

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Old. He taught my mum and then me lol

Average height, dark but greying hair. Difficult to describe, he was just an average Joe, but clearly had a way with the ladies lol

Interesting. I didn't go to Wreake Valley, but when I was growing up one of our neighbours was a teacher worked at the school and who matches the name and physical description you provide. I always liked him (we knew him and his family quite well), but when I was 16 I started a part-time job in town and became good friends with a co-worker who was studying for her A-levels at Wreake Valley. I remember early on in our acquaintance I mentioned that one of my neighbours worked at the school. She asked his name and when I told her, she made a vomiting face and said that he was a 'perv' with the girls. It all seems a bit too coincidental for it not to be the same person.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Interesting. I didn't go to Wreake Valley, but when I was growing up one of our neighbours was a teacher worked at the school and who matches the name and physical description you provide. I always liked him (we knew him and his family quite well), but when I was 16 I started a part-time job in town and became good friends with a co-worker who was studying for her A-levels at Wreake Valley. I remember early on in our acquaintance I mentioned that one of my neighbours worked at the school. She asked his name and when I told her, she made a vomiting face and said that he was a 'perv' with the girls. It all seems a bit too coincidental for it not to be the same person.

Sounds about right.

I remember a science class that we had sheep lungs brought in, throat and tongue attached, I was dared to "blow them up" when the teacher left the room. I went straight to it, walked to the front blew down the neck tube and up went the lungs. 2 girls were sick and others left the room and refused to return. 

Good times 😂😂

Yes I was that guy.