Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Nico González

Whatever the costs being floated the fact is that we need one like yesterday and it just so happens that this guy can do the job and appears to be available. Before people hammer me about his injurys then I'd say that he's currently over them and we all should start from there and by all means bash him over the head when he stubs his toe after £37 million seconds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Guess we need to strengthen in other areas too so don’t want to blow the budget on someone who is unknown/unproven at PL level.

But one thing he does offer is versatility, so perhaps we're thinking he can cover more than one position depending on fitness and form of other players i.e. Barnes currently struggling so if Madders was back on the right Gonzalez can go on the left.    This probably makes him more valuable whilst we've so many injuries and players out of form.

He also looks to be very decent in the air which is something we really lack and would add another dimension to our play in the final third.

Now granted, like everyone else I'm purely going off YouTube and stats but I like the look of him.

And let's face it we simply cannot afford a player like this who's proven at PL level, who also potentially has resale value and who is rarely injured.  

• Like 2

Be good to get someone who knows where the net is but it now seems Fiorentina are playing hardball saying they want to sell in the summer not now, smells a bit like seeing how desperate Leicester are are we willing to up the price??

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ST20 said:

We don’t buy a RW people moan, we do buy one..people whinge.

whether anyone feels it’s too much or not, the club know how much they can or cannot spend. They are the ones who are aware of finances, not us.

.. pretty much stating the obvious!!!

The fact that people have an opinion on this is the reason for the forum.

3 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Guess we need to strengthen in other areas too so don’t want to blow the budget on someone who is unknown/unproven at PL level.

He doesn't need to be great to still be better than our other RW options....

Similar if we signed a new GK...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Another report in Italy says we've moved on after our offer for 35m euros was refused:

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/tmw-fiorentina-rifiutati-35-milioni-dal-leicester-per-gonzalez-non-sono-previsti-rilanci-1781151

Good, imagine paying our for this guy when we can get Tete for much less.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He doesn't need to be great to still be better than our other RW options....

Similar if we signed a new GK...

Agree I haven’t said he won’t be better. However to spend 40 million, which could be are whole budget when we could get 2/3 players to improve the starting 11 would be madness. 

ITK. In other words, I know as much as the rest of you and we have all seen that Fiorentina are not willing to sell. Least their hierarchy actually comes out and tells as all as much. Continuing to speculate, and wondering what could have been is pointless, like most of the threads on Transfer Talk. Move on and close the thread.

19 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

ITK. In other words, I know as much as the rest of you and we have all seen that Fiorentina are not willing to sell. Least their hierarchy actually comes out and tells as all as much. Continuing to speculate, and wondering what could have been is pointless, like most of the threads on Transfer Talk. Move on and close the thread.

Fofana wasn’t for sale.

It’s called haggling and helps drive up the price, you may be correct but we’ve seen this kind of talk many times before.

Mahrez, Maguire and Fofana?

Edited by hackneyfox