Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Really? I thought he was fine today. He knows his limitations, so doesn’t try to over do things. 

Take when Rashford had his shot blocked after his second. He slows him up enough to get fellow defenders back. 

You know my opinion on that. In the same way plonkers on here thought Faes ‘had a great debut’ whilst Spurs put 6 past us, in my opinion, a CB hasn’t been ‘fine’ when we concede three and it could have been plenty more.

Watch the game back, our defence was wide open in the second half. I think Utd stopped shooting and gave it to big Weghorst because they wanted him to score! A complete piss-take

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You know my opinion on that. In the same way plonkers on here thought Faes ‘had a great debut’ whilst Spurs put 6 past us, in my opinion, a CB hasn’t been ‘fine’ when we concede three and it could have been plenty more.

Watch the game back, our defence was wide open in the second half. I think Utd stopped shooting and gave it to big Weghorst because they wanted him to score! A complete piss-take

Take that on board but I don’t think it’s particularly fair when your CB partner twice leaves you in utter no mans land.

He can’t be an one man defence. 

• Like 3

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Take that on board but I don’t think it’s particularly fair when your CB partner twice leaves you in utter no mans land.

He can’t be a one man defence. 

I’m not ruling Souttar out at all. He’s pretty composed, great in the air and new to this standard.

But I’m not gonna give it the big un with him yet. If you want to look, you’ll see weaknesses in his game which worry me when we play against a quickly attacking opposition. 

6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Slow but gets blocks in and wins headers. Keeps the ball okay too. Playing a high line with him is suicidal though. 

Especially when partnering him with an equally slow CB! We need to bring in CB with a bit more pace to partner him or Faes next season

• Like 1

Just now, so1 said:

Patience is a virtue. The man just got here from Stoke. Bring Amertey back? Evans? Anybody?

This season, If Evans is fit then yes I would have in the starting 11. I agree that Faes and Souttar both have the potential to be good CB for us, but we need a leader back there and currently we do not have that. 

Next Season and beyond we need a CB with pace to play alongside Faes or Souttar, alternatively swap Ward for a GK that can almost play as a sweeper or we could play deeper - there are options for this partnership, but they need to settle down and one of them has to take charge

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

This season, If Evans is fit then yes I would have in the starting 11. I agree that Faes and Souttar both have the potential to be good CB for us, but we need a leader back there and currently we do not have that. 

Next Season and beyond we need a CB with pace to play alongside Faes or Souttar, alternatively swap Ward for a GK that can almost play as a sweeper or we could play deeper - there are options for this partnership, but they need to settle down and one of them has to take charge

Hate to drop Faes as his mentality is so important now. Have to believe Evans would start but Rodgers doesnt want to take the chance of losing him for the rest of the season. He needs to fill in if we have injuries. A second leader if Faes goes down. Your spot on for next season. Still not ready to throw the towel on the Faes/Souttar partnership given the last couple matches. They will be tested even harder at Arsenal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The problem is our fans expect perfection. You have to be a world class cb to stop a team like man u scoring by yourself. 

Our reality is that we are aiming for best of the rest, we are going to still lose to the top sides. You have to be a bit more realistic in your expectations. 

If you genuinely think a signing from stoke is going to come in and suddenly prevent a result like that, then it’s just your expectations that need adjusting. 

He looks like he will be good in the long run and today was a mix between bad luck and not being on the top of our game. Which you need to be away against a side like that. 

Goals in football come in an instant, that’s why it’s a beautiful game, goals will always be conceded and overall it’s a collective effort. 

You can see how fickle football is if you go on message boards or even listen to commentators in a game. Souttar makes mistakes and the chances are missed and we keep a clean sheet everyone says how great he was. He makes the same mistakes and the team scores and everyone questions if he’s good enough. 

It all comes down to averages and overall do they prevent more than they allow. I think he’s going to end up being a very good signing.  But individually you can still have a good game in a defeat. 

Yeah I think that’s fair enough. I guess I’m trying to counter the ‘he’s a brilliant signing for City’ thing having seen him play what? Three games?

Like people did with Faes, effectively labelled him a world beater after a couple of clean sheets, I’m simply saying wait and watch.

But you’re right. City are a lower to bottom Premiership club so signings like Souttar and Faes will be ‘the norm’ of course.

• Like 1

Impressed with him. Definitely gives us a bit more physicality at the back, and none of the goals conceded he could really have control over. If Faes didn't have his brain fart to misplace his pass to Mendy, there's absolutely no danger. 

Don't think he's as slow as some people make out really. 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Yeah I think that’s fair enough. I guess I’m trying to counter the ‘he’s a brilliant signing for City’ thing having seen him play what? Three games?

Like people did with Faes, effectively labelled him a world beater after a couple of clean sheets, I’m simply saying wait and watch.

But you’re right. City are a lower to bottom Premiership club so signings like Souttar and Faes will be ‘the norm’ of course.

I think Kristiansen is class but pretty sure I've seen you big him up after a handful of games? So not sure you can  berate folk for doing it to other signings.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Impressed with him. Definitely gives us a bit more physicality at the back, and none of the goals conceded he could really have control over. If Faes didn't have his brain fart to misplace his pass to Mendy, there's absolutely no danger. 

Don't think he's as slow as some people make out really. 

Watch Rashford’s first goal back. Souttar was literally ambling back with zero conviction. Tbf I guess I guess he knew Rashford was gonna score though.