Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Unlucky OG, but otherwise pretty good. He is dominant in the air as we would expect. Reminds me of Maguire in his first season here.

I think he will get found out against the very best, like Kane, Haaland, Liverpool forwards etc, but can develop over time. Looks like good business to me.

Awful first half but settled in the second half.

Looks big and slow. Not sure. It’s gonna take some games to tell I think.

Compare that with Tete and Kristiansen who look tailor made for this level.

• Like 1

Massively let down by Castagne, who was the worst player on the pitch. Did look slow, as expected, more Huth/Vidic slow than Vestergaard slow though. Not as exciting as the other two, but not terrible either considering he was badly let down by his full back who's the most experienced player back there. 

• Like 1

I liked a lot about Souttar’s game today. Mainly having the rocks to jump straight into a PL debut after a few days training and an injury and deliver a big warrior performance. Kind of character we need right now. He was physical, won his aerial duels, defended the penalty box well, and put his body on the line. A good start.

My main concern isn’t that lack of pace, he recovered well a couple of times and Watkins and Bailey are very quick. My main concern is how easily beaten he was a few times when pulled out of position. That will keep happening whilst players get in behind our fullbacks but hopefully as the back 4 settles and steadies it will improve as it’s more a team problem than Souttar individually.

24 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Probably the worst kind of game he could of made his debut in, a non stop fast paced end to end. Dealt with it quite well though, I remember Evans looked shaky against Wolves on his debut for us. 

A chaotic, worst possible game to begin with. No structure ahead of him. He'll be of use when we play a more counter attacking game