Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

Just now, blaaklint said:

he's never put out passing numbers anywhere near close to vestergaard.

at stoke, on average he played fewer, longer passes less accurately than vestergaard. he is also dispossessed/miscontrols about four times as often. obviously, vestergaard is having a very good season and souttar's last full season was 2020/21, but souttar hasn't shown enough at any point to suggest he can do the same job.

*even if you compare like for like, since he has so much of the ball, JV completes more long balls (and at a slightly higher rate)

53 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Not sure I like this idea we'll make more use of him once we're promoted. That suggests that it's ok he doesn't play in the second tier but will be ready for the top, after a year of few minutes 

Agree. I expect him to go, in January if we buy a CB and someone comes in with a bid or more likely,  the summer.

Seems a decent lad. I think he has been a bit  unfortunate how things have worked out.

• Like 3

I think we could utilise him far more. We have conceded some sloppy goals from balls into the box and I think he would help us deal with them more effectively. Also, he'd provide a threat from set pieces at the opposite end, which we should be looking to capitalise on give how many corners we have during a game. 

2 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

*even if you compare like for like, since he has so much of the ball, JV completes more long balls (and at a slightly higher rate)

Which is clearly why Maresca prefers him. I wasn't really comparing Souttar to Vestergaard, just pointing out that Souttar was regarded as a ball-playing centre-half before we signed him - he's definitely not just an old-fashioned stopper. The fact that Vestergaard is even better at passing explains why he's in the team instead of Souttar, but it doesn't mean that Souttar can't pass.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Souttar is rubbish.

Another bad signing from last season which was awash with rubbishness

Coady is much much better than Souttar and Doyle will be, if not now.

How much did we pay for Souttar?

We wuz robbed 

Edited by Col city fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else getting pissed off how this lad is being treated? And Coady

Poor lad sat on the bench today, not even named as fcking sub ffs

Jed walk into just about any team in championship and in the couple of games he's played for us this season, he's been absolutely fine. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Anyone else getting pissed off how this lad is being treated? And Coady

Poor lad sat on the bench today, not even named as fcking sub ffs

Jed walk into just about any team in championship and in the couple of games he's played for us this season, he's been absolutely fine. 

I think our back line is slow enough as it is 🤔

Souttar is a backs against the wall defender, not in a high line defence. Similar to Cannon really, both mid table Championship at best and we overpaid big time for both, don't be fooled by the price tags only we'd pay.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think our back line is slow enough as it is 🤔

Souttar is a backs against the wall defender, not in a high line defence. Similar to Cannon really, both mid table Championship at best and we overpaid big time for both, don't be fooled by the price tags only we'd pay.

Agree. He's slow af. But quicker than Doyle. 

I just don't think the lad has been given fair crack. 

Edit,.maybe if we sat back against Chelsea,.low block (rather than suicidal) and hit them with our three quickies up front we'd have had half a chance 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

It does seem odd, in some respects, that we're playing three CBs right now (one out of position) and two of them are likely to be gone next year. Vestergard has been good, but he's old, his contract will soon be up, and he was very poor for us at the higher level. Doyle is a loanee. Faes was also very poor at the higher level (and often this level too!). Coady, Souttar, Nelson look - on paper at least - like very valid alternatives for the longer-term. I totally get why Enzo, especially given his preferred style and the form of Jannik, or the poor form of Justin on the left, has gone with those options. But we could freshen a malfunctioning back-line in the short term with those alternatives, and provide ourselves with serious options for the road ahead. I mean, it's not as if Coady's skill-set excludes him from playing at a higher level, is it?