Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

I like him. To step into a back line and look fairly comfortable this quickly was good to see. You probably wouldn’t have blamed Brendan for giving him an extra weeks prep, but I’m glad he didn’t.

He’s decent on the ball, aggressive and fairly mobile. He also wins all of his headers, and as we saw with Vesty for some reason alot of big guys struggle with that side of the game, but he doesn’t. 

A few first game errors, but that was to be expected. He’s got a calmness about him that will benefit us. I like him a lot. 

• Like 4

Quite baptism of fire awaits Harry over the next few weeks, but I was encouraged by what I saw. Unlucky with the OG, so I'm not looking at that, though he needed to regain his composure after that.

Other than that one unfortunate instance, he was great. Looking forward to seeing Castagne, Souttar, Faes and Kristiansen as our back line for the rest of the season.

If that is Harry Souttar having had 1 training session and not fully fit, then I am excited to see him go from strength to strength for the rest of this season.

I do see a lot of Maguire in him, and that is in no way a criticism. I think there are fair concerns about the pace in a pairing of him and Faes. Whether these concerns are realised remains to be seen but a solid debut from the big man.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Think as long as Brendan manages to have a midfield that is slightly more substantial than what we had vs Villa, he will really show us what he's made of in the next three games. Exciting.

Unless Wilf is really back to his best, you are never having a substantial midfield with Maddison, Tielemans plus one other

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unless Wilf is really back to his best, you are never having a substantial midfield with Maddison, Tielemans plus one other

Spot on, for me. And that’s the problem. Wilf, on form, makes us a different beast as he allows others to play to their strengths, too. Without him, we have compromises all over the pitch. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Spot on, for me. And that’s the problem. Wilf, on form, makes us a different beast as he allows others to play to their strengths, too. Without him, we have compromises all over the pitch. 

This is why, as well as potentially a Youri and Maddison replacement in the summer, we need a cdm as well. 3 new centre mids plus a centre back and possibly a striker. Needs to be another busy window as if we stay up this season, next season will be even tougher without serious investment 

On 03/02/2023 at 22:04, Ely fox said:

Last Injury? Are you serious. He is only getting older not younger. Unless Injury prone Ricardo owns a personal Tardis, I’ve got absolutely no idea what you are talking about. An extended contract on a lot of money that is wasted.

Player getting older shocker, read all abaaat it!!!!!!!