Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

On 16/11/2023 at 19:18, The Doctor said:

He says they twice and we once. We to refer to the club having good results and "they've been flying". Pretty obvious that they means the starting lineup rather than being a hidden "I actually want out" meaning 

I'm guilty of this when discussing the company I work for...

they are total *****!

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Gerrim on the pitch when we need a goal in the final 10. I dont want to see Winks and Ricardo exchanging 3 yard passes with a minute to go, nob it in the box for big Sout to head home

We could be playing the last game of the season and have a minute to score the goal that would secure automatic promotion, and we'd still be methodically passing it around in triangles in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They literally won a ODI Cricket world championship this week.  Football is not their game.  Its not top 3 or probably 4.

I think we will see quite a few top players coming out of Australia & USA over the next ten years. Both are Countries where football is not the number one sport but sport in general is massive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Souttar seems like a old school defender, good in the air and perhaps not afraid to tackle from what I have seen of him, he isnt a player for starting attacks from the back, which is why I think Enzo isnt picking him, and for that reason seems an odd signing as Rodgers was manager when we signed him.

Feels like one of those signings where we signed for the sake of signing as we for whatever reason couldnt get our targets at top of list.

However I dont want to judge him from when he played under Rodgers, as Rodgers last 1-2 seasons with us he was regressing players all over the pitch.  So ultimately to me it comes down to that if the manager doesnt rate him, then he can be let go in support of the manager's need's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Souttar seems like a old school defender, good in the air and perhaps not afraid to tackle from what I have seen of him, he isnt a player for starting attacks from the back, which is why I think Enzo isnt picking him, and for that reason seems an odd signing as Rodgers was manager when we signed him.

Feels like one of those signings where we signed for the sake of signing as we for whatever reason couldnt get our targets at top of list.

However I dont want to judge him from when he played under Rodgers, as Rodgers last 1-2 seasons with us he was regressing players all over the pitch.  So ultimately to me it comes down to that if the manager doesnt rate him, then he can be let go in support of the manager's need's.

Not really. We were conceding from just about any set piece we gave away. The memo was to get someone to deal with that. 

He was absolutely what was required but it was a short sighted view and again one, where Brendan was pointing the fingers at his players ability to deal with this rather than his poor defensive coaching. 

but fwiw, I think he’s more than capable of being a success here. in fact i’m sure he would have been if enzo had chosen him over vesty. 

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Passing out from the back is one of his key attributes.

55 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well there we go, problem is I only paid attention to him under Rodgers, but whatever the reason may be, Enzo currently doesnt feel the need to use him.

I be surprised if he gets no appearances at all though, Vesty is getting banned again at some point.

I’m only speculating, but I’m assuming that the difference between Coady and Souttar is that the former was signed specifically to play for us this season whereas the latter probably wanted to leave; or has wages that we felt were better off our books? 

Maybe the more we look like getting promoted the more he’ll be up for the fight. Certainly I see him more like for like with Vesty than I do Coady. It seems we lose a dimension to our play when Coady plays. 

We’re all hoping for promotion this season and, if that happens, is Coady or Souttar the better player to invest in? It seems pertinent that neither Wolves or Everton wanted Coady around at the lower/mid table level 

Edited by Jobyfox

16 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

he's never put out passing numbers anywhere near close to vestergaard.

at stoke, on average he played fewer, longer passes less accurately than vestergaard. he is also dispossessed/miscontrols about four times as often. obviously, vestergaard is having a very good season and souttar's last full season was 2020/21, but souttar hasn't shown enough at any point to suggest he can do the same job.