Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'll be honest, I don't trust him yet. He needs to earn trust 

Mardy arse Castagne over JJ?  Unknown Doyle over VK? Vesty over Souttar?  Vards barely been involved. I find it all rather worrying 

You’re referring to pre season, this has little to no bearing on the season ahead - Vardy & Kristiansen have been injured for pre season  

I imagine Luton or Sheff U will have put an enquiry in. Might be him wanting to get back to where he felt he'd finally got to, rather than us not fancying him.

edit: Definitely got Dyche vibes too! 

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Baffled at this tbh. 

My only suggestion is they know they can get some value back from him. But equally you’d think the upper echelons would be a bit unpleased - after all he’s a Glover signing 

Could be as simple as some is willing to pay a decent fee for him and he wants to play in the PL.

If we can get our money back for him and he's not a Maresca player, then I'd say do it.

There will be players out there good enough for what Enzo wants. If he does go, we will need a permanent signing in though. A player willing to play in the Championship but good enough if we're promoted (a) could be difficult to find and (b) won't be cheap.

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

You’re referring to pre season, this has little to no bearing on the season ahead - Vardy & Kristiansen have been injured for pre season  

I dunno man the press conference just now when asked about Souttar not featuring in preseason, Maresca kind of said yeah dont fabcy him and the transfer window is still open, (that's what I just heard,)then asked if he'd asked to leave, Maresca said no.

https://youtu.be/CfZQsZCAp5o

Edited by Heskey2011

On 05/04/2023 at 12:54, SafewayFox said:

He isn’t our biggest issue but as I’ve said (without being that guy) multiple times he needs an athletic CB partner or we need to ditch the high line.

Weird as at times it looks like he covers the ground at an ok rate but other times it looks like he has lead in his boots.

These sitters though 🤯🤬

Behind Huth,Morgan,& Wasi,we had Simpson, our various  CBs have not been quick,besides maybe Soyu..

Dont really know what the general nonsense is about…Missing 100% I mean FFs our bloody stars were experts,why put it all on Souttar quite chronically pathetic..Not understanding again Derby / Forest fans trolling again..beyond weird :dunno:

28 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Leicester Mercury wrote it up a little differently 

basically said; Harry, along with the other 25 players in the squad, anything can happen in the window

Of you watch the press conference that's not what is said.

1 hour ago, Heskey2011 said:

I dunno man the press conference just now when asked about Souttar not featuring in preseason, Maresca kind of said yeah dont fabcy him and the transfer window is still open, (that's what I just heard,)then asked if he'd asked to leave, Maresca said no.

https://youtu.be/CfZQsZCAp5o

15 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Literally just watched the press conference.

What an over reaction on this from FT!

he does say (after being specifically asked about Soutter): “ Harry has worked really well. For Harry and the rest of the 25 players we have, the window is still open, so something may happen”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I have watched the press conference and that is exactly what he said. Maybe not in those specific words but that’s the point he’s getting at. You have to remember English is not his first language so journalists are gonna have a field day misinterpreting what he’s attempting to get across.

• Like 1

I think he did leave it slightly ambiguous... 

Because you could argue, it was also clear that Cody was not for sale.

However , I would just say HS fits into a bracket that is the majority of players in that something could change , maybe that's the second language thing?  But I would say it didn't sound like a ringing endorsement.  I thought he was decent,  world cup masterclass and some good performances for us, Like most people I Cannot comprehend how Yannic Vesterguard is ahead of him, Vesterguard runs in treacle.

Unless it's something about the style of play and being able to play a pass? 

21 hours ago, -sodapop said:

Feel bad for the lad, but if the manager isn't going to use him, makes much more sense to get something for him and give him the opportunity to go and play somewhere, than to have him festering in the ranks for another few years.

I think it’s a bad idea to lose Harry I’d rather us sell on Vesty he may have had a couple of decent pre season performances but the last few years of him starting and coming on as sub have been Woeful, really think this is the type of sale that would definitely come back to bite us on the Ass !!

21 hours ago, baldeagle said:

JJ not long back from serious injury , Vardy and Vk have both been injured 

Don’t come here with your facts, much rather blame Maresca. Rodgers would have had them playing and by the start of the season had them our injured for 9 months. This Maresca dude is a clown 🤡 😂😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/harry-souttar-makes-enzo-maresca-8742387

“It’s been tough,” Souttar said while on international duty with Australia. “I think there were a lot of things mentioned in the press about going on loan.

“I am a Leicester player. I’m going to do everything in my power to try to get back into the squad. Obviously it’s the manager’s decision so all I can do is work hard and try to prove to him that I can get back in the squad.”

Playing for the first time since pre-season, Souttar scored and made a costly error during Australia’s 2-2 draw with Mexico in Dallas over the weekend. He got his head onto a corner to flick home the opener, and the Socceroos then moved into a 2-0 lead. But Mexico fought back and scored their equaliser inside the final 10 minutes when Souttar let a long ball float over his head, allowing debutant Cesar Huerta to fire past Maty Ryan.

Souttar said: “It was just a long ball, it was purely my mistake. Maty behind me had nothing to do with it. It was me, I’ve got to head it away, simple as that, so I’ll take full responsibility for that. I’ll learn from it.

“With the pitch, some balls skid through and some check back and that one has checked back for their striker. It’s one of those I’ve watched a few times to see what I could have done and I’ve just got to head it away.

“That was my thinking (that it would skid through) but I’ve got to look at myself and say I’d played close to 90 minutes on the pitch and I know what the pitch can do. So I’ve got to be smarter in that situation and obviously we were holding onto the lead so I’ve just got to head it away.”