Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my only proper issue with Maresca so far has been the treatment of Souttar and the ones who were willing to be in the team and had to be out the whole squad while he made a point of picking two goalkeepers for the bench. 

I didn't see it as anything other than detrimental to our chances of winning a game. You could have him on the bench to see out a game or anything. Anything but Danny Ward ffs. Anyway I hope this is the start of him coming back into the fold.

• Like 3

Given that Maresca only includes players he deems fully committed to the cause then I can only assume that Souttar was perhaps one who returned in the summer and wanted to assess his options and was not fully committed to the Leicester project. 

I do wonder if the alleged interest from Rangers and the lure of potential champions league football had turned his head. 

His return to the fold and performance alongside Coady was a welcome boost given the likelihood Doyle’s injury looks to be long term. 

26 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given that Maresca only includes players he deems fully committed to the cause then I can only assume that Souttar was perhaps one who returned in the summer and wanted to assess his options and was not fully committed to the Leicester project. 

I do wonder if the alleged interest from Rangers and the lure of potential champions league football had turned his head. 

His return to the fold and performance alongside Coady was a welcome boost given the likelihood Doyle’s injury looks to be long term. 

I can't reconcile this though. We had players or people close to the player publicly state they wanted to leave and yet Maresca involved them.

Souttar also could have had at least an extra week off, if not longer, after his summer international duty with Australia. Yet he was there on the 1st day of pre-season and Maresca's first day.

I maybe wrong, but I think he was the only player who came back earlier than they were due to. That would be surprising for a player considering his options or definitely wanting out.

That said Kristiansen was one of the few players who went on record saying he was committed to getting us back up and then very quickly something changed. Probably more the system Maresca was implementing but the who wanted to leave/who wanted to stay theories are quite ambiguous to me.

• Like 2