Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Pretty sure on Match of the day they used a picture of Kenny Tete for him 

 

Not going to lie, when he gets the ball, I shout "Go on Kenny" lol

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Looked average at best ......

but provided a distraction allowing more space for Barnes.

Nonsense; he was quiet but to say he was average at best is total guff 

  • Like 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Nonsense; he was quiet but to say he was average at best is total guff 

Really - he sort of was.  But if teams are going to double up on him then that’s not a problem as it allows space for madders and Barnes 

  • Like 1
Posted
15 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...interesting that he has his training, coaching and conditioning team with him, he will need it!!!

  Just worried he will be part of a system that generates far too many injuries. I wish him well.

You are such a bitch

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Nonsense; he was quiet but to say he was average at best is total guff 

He didnt do anything wrong, he just seen very little of the ball. He wasnt able to make an impression, but the fact he was there and for the most part held his position, helped Nacho, Maddison and Barnes have more space.

Posted

look carefully I think Tete' had been instructed to play a certain way today. He looked like he was controlling himself which I know we all don't want lol. We want him to go for the jugular every time!

I'd like one of the reporters to ask Rogers and see if this was the case. There were moments and flashes of skill but it was very restrained. He still played well imo just kept it cool today which I don't

mind tbh. If it allowed the rest of the team to hurt the spuds than brilliant. I'm sure they planned to focus on Tete' which is a master stroke by Rogers. I'm really liking our new look team!

  • Like 1
Posted
14 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

look carefully I think Tete' had been instructed to play a certain way today. He looked like he was controlling himself which I know we all don't want lol. We want him to go for the jugular every time!

I'd like one of the reporters to ask Rogers and see if this was the case. There were moments and flashes of skill but it was very restrained. He still played well imo just kept it cool today which I don't

mind tbh. If it allowed the rest of the team to hurt the spuds than brilliant. I'm sure they planned to focus on Tete' which is a master stroke by Rogers. I'm really liking our new look team!

Was listening to radio leicester on the drive home and Rodgers said in his interview his instructed Tete to stay high and wide if I remember correctly. 
 

didn’t hit the same levels at villa but you have to accept these type of flair players will have games where there missing and then provide a split second of magic to change games, he wasn’t poor by any means today which I in a way is quite exciting if you know what I mean 

Posted (edited)

I don't think he was poor yesterday at all, just quiet. And he did his job, which unlocked Barnes on the other side.

 

Some stats for comparison:

 

Screenshot_20230212-080410.png

 

Bearing in mind Tetê came off at 77', while Barnes played the full 90'. He certainly got involved, we just didn't create much down the right—our attacks were focused down the left.

 

Screenshot_20230212-080834.png

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 3
Posted

Can't compare Tetes 2 games for the simple reason one involved lots of supply to him and the other didn't. Spurs also had more info on him following the Villa game so tried to neutralise the threat. The big thing being this allowed Barnes more opportunity on his flank and he came up trumps. Having 2 wide players on the pitch really does allow times of bias for one over the other which is something new to us for a long time.

  • Like 1
Posted

He "Didn't do much" isn't really correct, his presence means that either himself, Barnes, Maddison or Iheanacho will be 1 v 1 against a defender at some point. His presence allowed Barnes to destroy Porro 1 v 1 all game, the same can be said for Iheanacho against Dier.

Had we Albrighton on that side, as we have seen for around 5 years, the opposition knows that we're not an attacking threat 1v1 down that side, which means they can focus far more strongly on Barnes especially, but also Maddison and Iheanacho. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Sometimes in football you just need players creating overloads in the right areas to benefit others, rather than scoring/assisting themselves. I imagine that you'll see that often between Tete and Barnes, with both supported by Kristiansen and Castagne. Some games we'll exploit the left hand side, and other times we will have it on the other side. It's what Liverpool and Man City have been so good at over previous seasons. 

  • Like 1
Posted

Having two genuine attacking threats out wide provides the balance we have been lacking and ensures that none of our key offensive players have to play out of position. We have scored 8 goals in two games and all four of our attackers have scored and or assisted. This means we now have a multi-dimensional attack that other teams will find it hard to shut down. As far as Tete's performance against Spurs is concerned, although he didn't have the dynamic impact he did against Villa, he maintained a potential threat throughout - receiving the ball in tight areas, keeping possession and then passing it off with precision. Suddenly our attacking threat has been transformed into one of the most potent in the division and Tete is a big part of that.

  • Like 2
Posted

I see the club have popped him in Fofana’s old appartment with lovely views of *checks notes* the city ground… lol 

Posted
1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I see the club have popped him in Fofana’s old appartment with lovely views of *checks notes* the city ground… lol 

I was thinking Bede Island looked a smidge different!

 

 

01A219D1-FEEF-482C-9C16-494C49DBA152.jpeg

Posted
1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

I was thinking Bede Island looked a smidge different!

 

 

01A219D1-FEEF-482C-9C16-494C49DBA152.jpeg

lol 

 

yeah we’ve had a few players in there, assume we might have bought a couple of apartments. It’s a big block that was redeveloped a few years ago, cheapest was about 400k and the penthouse that Little Wes had was pushing a million. 

  • Like 1
Posted
15 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

Having two genuine attacking threats out wide provides the balance we have been lacking and ensures that none of our key offensive players have to play out of position. We have scored 8 goals in two games and all four of our attackers have scored and or assisted. This means we now have a multi-dimensional attack that other teams will find it hard to shut down. As far as Tete's performance against Spurs is concerned, although he didn't have the dynamic impact he did against Villa, he maintained a potential threat throughout - receiving the ball in tight areas, keeping possession and then passing it off with precision. Suddenly our attacking threat has been transformed into one of the most potent in the division and Tete is a big part of that.

Essentially this. We now have 4 men in attacking positions spread across the pitch instead of 3 with 2 of them being congested in the centre. It makes our attack more dynamic and allows for space for other players. 
 

Even if he has an ‘average’ game thats because the opposition has chosen to focus on him as a threat leaving the game open for our other players. 
 

We couldnt do that with Perez or Maddison out there because one was easy to keep quiet and the other drifted inside so much it made our entire right side null and void. 

  • Like 4
Posted
17 hours ago, AjcW said:

lol 

 

yeah we’ve had a few players in there, assume we might have bought a couple of apartments. It’s a big block that was redeveloped a few years ago, cheapest was about 400k and the penthouse that Little Wes had was pushing a million. 

Also tactically to keep whacking in right to light objections when Forest start rebuilding their Main Stand 

Posted

I was impressed with Tete today. He had the beating of Shaw all day long. 

He mixed things up playing passes first time or sometimes taking a couple of touches and beating his man. 

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...