Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

The thing for me......it does not matter if you are not backed by the board,injuries and whatever excuses.You are the Manager(clues in the title of the job!)And Rodgers didn't manage.....just found excuses.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

There seems to be near universal acclaim about his style of football being progressive and attacking. The statistics, let alone the visuals, tell a very different story.

That's because along with cultivating the "I've not had any money to spend but others have" excuse in the majority of pre season interviews (which is still the now the media's, pundits and some commentators reason as to why he's been so hard done to by, by being sacked,) he would always  drop in that fact that he wanted the team to press higher, be even more aggressive, especially after a rare win, giving the false impression that the victory was down to that style of play but he still wanted more of it in future matches

My point being is, the only thing he was elite at was 'Media Spinning'. The continual reiteration of the same core excuses regardless of the situation will subconsciously be the only reasons that people will recall when the time to reflect comes about.  He was cleverly creating a mental bridge between a negative outcome (his sacking) and other negative factors outside the sphere of his control so these are the automatically the only reasons thought of by people when the 'negative trigger event' finally happens.

I'll admit begrudgingly, it's bloody clever

• Like 2

On 02/04/2023 at 18:17, SixtiesFox said:

Wow, you must be fun at parties! Because we had no chance before with Rodgers in charge. Try at least to enjoy the euphoria of having finally got rid of this charlatan. Even if we do get relegated at least we won't have to put up with Rodgers' ball in the Championship.  

:whistle:

How is that false optimism panning out for you tonight?

13 hours ago, Corky said:

There seems to be near universal acclaim about his style of football being progressive and attacking. The statistics, let alone the visuals, tell a very different story.

Its a lazy opinion that was formed during his Swansea days when tiki taka ruled the world.

19 hours ago, Daggers said:

:whistle:

How is that false optimism panning out for you tonight?

All Leicester fans are gutted me old son. No reason to change our opinion about Rodgers though. We were going down with him and may probably go down without him. If we do, it's because the heirachy at the club failed to act soon enough. Meantime, let's stick together and get behind the lads while we still have the chance to avoid the drop! 

23 hours ago, lexluther said:

So Rodgers is gone. Should have gone after being knocked out of the FA Cup against championship Notts Forest when you were the holders. He has spent this entire season on the brink of being punted. The only shock is that it took so long especially when you consider how Vichai punted Ranieri after the glorious 2015-16 season. 

As both a Celtic and Liverpool fan as well as being Irish I have followed Rodgers career. I understand that as a manager you have to have confidence in yourself almost to the point of being bulletproof. However Rodgers inability to be humble enough to accept that he got things wrong is a serious flaw in his makeup. As a person he comes across as being as fake as his teeth. He loves him self to an extent that borders on delusional. It's ok, human and acceptable to put your hands up and say I got things wrong and on reflection would act differently. It's how you become a better manager and human being. 

Two of his biggest weaknesses are recruitment and defence. If Liverpool had a proper defence then we would have won the league in 2013-14. At both Celtic and Liverpool he signed two superb players in Sinclair and Dembele in Scotland and Sturridge and Coutinho at Liverpool. Celtic's defence was poor but we got away with it as Rangers were crap until Gerrard came along. 

Rodgers is by now an extremely wealthy man who puts more effort into protecting his brand than you suspect he puts into managing his teams. Yet he destroyed his relationship with Celtic fans by his midnight run and here by not putting the club before himself. As deluded as he is he had to have seen that he was on the slippery slope since the cup tie against Forest. If he had been noble enough to approach the owners and worked out a mutually agreeable disconnection he could have gotten a severance and kept his reputation with the clubs fans. 

By hanging on by his fingertips for a payout he has damaged his reputation with yet another set of supporters of a club he managed. It doesn't look good for him to leave with Leicester second from bottom. Even in leaving he insisted on a mutual parting of the ways when even Stevie Wonder could see he's been sacked. 

Both Klopp and Lennon had to dismantle the squads he left behind to find success themselves. Says it all really. 

Or to summarise....A bull shittng imposter!

Edited by cropstonfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

an artical I read and also Simon Jordan has mentioned twice he thinks its more of Rodgers walking than us getting rid.

It's possible. His ego wouldn't be able to take getting relegated. Now he can always tell himself he would have kept us up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seems to be rumours coming through Rodgers was so desperate to leave, he took a massive cut in his severance

If so desperate to leave, why did he leave it so bloody long before walking?

Despite the cup win, I despise him more than Peter Taylor. PT was a mistake, out of his depth. Rodgers was self centred, egotistical, a fraud and manipulated his own image above all else.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

It's possible. His ego wouldn't be able to take getting relegated. Now he can always tell himself he would have kept us up. 

and his next prospective employers..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

dunno, probably thought he'd turn it around

.. if Rodgers had pushed to leave, why is he stating he could have kept us up!!!

If it was his decision then that statement makes no sense, as KP then would have allowed him to stay on. Saying he could have kept us up, means either, he could not be bothered to try, or he was actually pushed.

He seems to want to spin everything. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. if Rodgers had pushed to leave, why is he stating he could have kept us up!!!

If it was his decision then that statement makes no sense, as KP then would have allowed him to stay on. Saying he could have kept us up, means either, he could not be bothered to try, or he was actually pushed.

He seems to want to spin everything. 

You aren't taking that statement as him being genuine, surely?

Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well. I’ve just done a short 3-minute video detailing Brendan Rodgers’ time at Leicester and where both him and the club go from here for those interested. Ultimately, I think sacking him was the right decision, and hopefully people remember the good times more than the bad over time. I really really hope Leicester beat the drop, would be a bleeding shame to see you go down. Would love to hear your thoughts, enjoy your weekend!