Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

24 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I wondered this

Theres been a few decent write ups today, Percy, Daily Mail’s, Phil McNulty at the BBC. They all seem to have a good grasp of what Rodgers has done and how most of our fans feel. But why now? Why weren’t they saying these things whilst he was in his job here? 

Quite. Probably more of an insight into how much of the true picture was being controlled. We know Top was a huge believer in the project, and people in his position often just want to be told what that want to hear. It does feel pretty unhealthy to have gone from the sycophantic Telegraph article a short while ago to this so quickly. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been one of the biggest advocates for getting rid of him but I'm surprised people are hoping the likes of Spurs go for him. He'd do a good job there for a couple of seasons and maybe even end their trophy drought. And unlike us when it goes wrong he'll be shown the door far quicker

Him winning silverware with Spuds is the only part of the scenario I would be worried about - but it would be no guarantee. The rest of it would be incredibly funny, not least the fact that he'd inevitably worsen their squad.

If Spurs fans were unhappy with Conteball, just wait until they see what Brendan has in line for them after six months of smoke and mirrors playing on the front foot!

They haven't even fallen that far - they're having a far better season than Liverpool or Chelsea!

For that reason, I sincerely hope he does rock up at White Hart Lane. lol

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been one of the biggest advocates for getting rid of him but I'm surprised people are hoping the likes of Spurs go for him. He'd do a good job there for a couple of seasons and maybe even end their trophy drought. And unlike us when it goes wrong he'll be shown the door far quicker

Conte and Mourinho couldnt win anything there, they arent winning **** all anytime soon especially when Kane leaves in the summer. Dont think Rodgers would survive a year

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Him winning silverware with Spuds is the only part of the scenario I would be worried about - but it would be no guarantee. The rest of it would be incredibly funny, not least the fact that he'd inevitably worsen their squad.

If Spurs fans were unhappy with Conteball, just wait until they see what Brendan has in line for them after six months of smoke and mirrors playing on the front foot!

They haven't even fallen that far - they're having a far better season than Liverpool or Chelsea!

For that reason, I sincerely hope he does rock up at White Hart Lane. lol

I wouldn't even be concerned about him winning something elsewhere.

Its like how people spoke in support out against selling Demarai Gray whenever he assisted or scored for Everton.

Or even Kramaric post 2015. 

It just wasnt working out for them here. What they do elsewhere is irrelevant unless they are beating us.

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Quite. Probably more of an insight into how much of the true picture was being controlled. We know Top was a huge believer in the project, and people in his position often just want to be told what that want to hear. It does feel pretty unhealthy to have gone from the sycophantic Telegraph article a short while ago to this so quickly. 

It’s mental. I got blocked a couple of weeks ago by Percy on Twitter when I sent him the link to the ‘Rodgers is the best formula’ article from January. I did ask Percy how much Rodgers had paid him to write the article, but it was a valid point then and a valid point now.

It’s like journalist’s think their readers don’t have a memory 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

What is the actual value of curly-wurlys? They seem to get used in a lot of high end transactions and my local shop is selling them for 60p a pop. I’m thinking of buying him out of them all before he cottons on lol 

Haven't even seen a curlywurly in YONKS

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

What I meant was a similar style of football and a manager who also doesn't show a lot of passion.

I'd prefer a thinker to some of the over-demonstrative managers at large in football. Rodgers didn't show much of anything - particularly tactical nous. He had four hit-and-miss seasons at City and has left us in the sh*te. Potter has had no time at all to turn things round at Chelsea. I'd welcome his appointment. His time at Brighton demonstrates more than his time at Chelsea. I just wonder whether anyone can turn things around at this late juncture.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He doesn't need to be, he's the right person to rebuild the club from bottom up.

That’s fine if he is just for next season and not the scrap to avoid relegation, or maybe build even if relegation?

6 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I wondered this

Theres been a few decent write ups today, Percy, Daily Mail’s, Phil McNulty at the BBC. They all seem to have a good grasp of what Rodgers has done and how most of our fans feel. But why now? Why weren’t they saying these things whilst he was in his job here? 

Because they don't lose their media privileges at the club if they write it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Simon Jordan on target again. Does this man ever miss?

SJ...one of the top panel pundits,I have liked in a long time..says what he sees.

Though Taggart & Elliot aren't shy...

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

So disappointed with his antics this season. That pre-Man United interview where he threw his owners under the bus, the most loyal owners he'll ever have, to get the likes of Robbie Savage and Rio Ferdinand on side was disgraceful. His regular putting down of a squad that had significantly helped him finish highly and win trophies. The negative, defeatist attitude. The lack of anything substantially different on the pitch from the usual turgid stuff served up. That nonsense in the Brentford match on the opening day.

Said it before that we needed a galvaniser this season, somebody prepared to dig in and accept things might not be exactly to their liking, but got the total opposite. 

He really can have no complaints. I hope, in private, he'll reflect on it.

Same.

But reckon, unfortunately, he's the type of individual who only cares about himself; which is a very annoying personality trait to have.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Didn't he sell his house near Seagrave and move to Cheshire at about the time as he appeared to lose interest? 

Yes, around July last year.