Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

Anyone who is sad the Rodgers has left clearly hasn't been attending or watching the game play deteriorate over the last 18 months. It's been an almost blanket start to finish bore fest that managed to make you miss a bit of Puel style football. The tippy tappy style from the back doesn't suit our players, big Wilf cannot control a ball let alone do the tippy tappy stuff. Soyu and Riccy were the only players capable of moving out from the back and one got dropped and the other is perpetually in an injured state. It was all so predictable, pass around side to side until you give away the ball and then all run back and with Ward in goal there was a good chance of gaining some ground, starting further up the field with a kick off.

I have to admit I've been a fair-weather kind of bod having given up watching and missing the last 5 games. Now Rodgers is gone I'll be tuning back in the hope that we can go beyond the tippy tappy until you give it away play and the 65th plus or minus 1 minute subs. 

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't agree he'd have got the results in the next 10 games but other than that a good statement and good luck to him.

Does not accept enough blame, I know it is always the case with managers, but he would be a larger person had he done so. Does not matter now obviously.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers Statement

image.thumb.png.d99541b991904867c3985830c229d624.png

That last but one paragraph reads like it wasn't mutual and he was sacked.

Disagree on the 'strong footing to move forward' and 'seeing players develop' because that's completely opposite to what's happened. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't agree he'd have got the results in the next 10 games but other than that a good statement and good luck to him.

Is it though? Not going to get annoyed by it as couldn't care less what he says and obviously it's going to be sanitised but yet again, there's no accountability and a completely different tune from what's been pumped out for the past 18 months.

It's a meaningless statement as they normally are.

Bad luck to him, I say.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Just bizarre timing of the sacking. Was Palace really the straw that broke the camels back?

If you read Percy's article its clear they were frustrated with him yet Top had faith that he would keep us safe this year. However, it looks like following the Brentford game things got really sour with Rodgers giving the players not on international duty the week off. I think sometime between the Chelsea game and the Palace game everything went south fast, and the club clearly felt they had to act.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Anyone who is sad the Rodgers has left clearly hasn't been attending or watching the game play deteriorate over the last 18 months. It's been an almost blanket start to finish bore fest that managed to make you miss a bit of Puel style football. The tippy tappy style from the back doesn't suit our players, big Wilf cannot control a ball let alone do the tippy tappy stuff. Soyu and Riccy were the only players capable of moving out from the back and one got dropped and the other is perpetually in an injured state. It was all so predictable, pass around side to side until you give away the ball and then all run back and with Ward in goal there was a good chance of gaining some ground, starting further up the field with a kick off.

I have to admit I've been a fair-weather kind of bod having given up watching and missing the last 5 games. Now Rodgers is gone I'll be tuning back in the hope that we can go beyond the tippy tappy until you give it away play and the 65th plus or minus 1 minute subs. 

My wife commented that she hasn't heard me shout and leap about when we score, for ages. Not like I used to.

I explained that, quite simply, you just knew we would still lose and found it difficult to get excited. 

I do hope I get some passion back now...

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers Statement

image.thumb.png.d99541b991904867c3985830c229d624.png

Haha. Still deluded, Rodgers keeps on telling it like it isn’t (“hard work and dedication”, “strong infrastructure”, “full of… character”, “every confidence that we would have delivered the results needed”) though the “I’m obviously disappointed to depart” betrays the fact that he was SACKED - nothing mutual about it - so I guess it’s not all bullshit dressed as haute cuisine.

58 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Just bizarre timing of the sacking. Was Palace really the straw that broke the camels back?

...I  recall someone had posted that we were looking for 4 points from Chelsea, Brentford and Palace!!!

The point at Brentford appeared to have prolonged his tenure. This might have just been a rumour anyway but I just felt it would happen this time when we lost.

It goes to show, if you are going to set criterias check the fixture list before hand.

23 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I think the story about Brendan giving the team the week off last week is really damning actually.

I didn't know this, what this screams to me is that Brendan wanted the week off to the detriment of the team. It comes more apparent to me by the day that the reason he got sacked was not so much the results but Top was left with no choice as he had mentally checked out and the players knew it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I didn't know this, what this screams to me is that Brendan wanted the week off to the detriment of the team. It comes more apparent to me by the day that the reason he got sacked was not so much the results but Top was left with no choice as he had mentally checked out and the players knew it.

Were you at the Chelsea game? In the last 15 minutes the ground emptied and the players stopped playing for him. A siege mentality and 1 goal back would have led to a very interesting last 10 minutes. Thats when it was obvious to me something was seriously wrong and he had lost everyone.  Having the week off stems from that. Instead of working on the issues he decided to take a break. We looked massively unprepared for the Palace game, and i think it was all part of being mentally checked out as you say.

It's interesting reading and hearing some of the media reaction that probably our most uncontroversial sacking of recent years was Puel, even though he was 12th (vs Ranieri in 17th and Rodgers in 18th) and had made some very shrewd signings. 

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

If you read Percy's article its clear they were frustrated with him yet Top had faith that he would keep us safe this year. However, it looks like following the Brentford game things got really sour with Rodgers giving the players not on international duty the week off. I think sometime between the Chelsea game and the Palace game everything went south fast, and the club clearly felt they had to act.

Never mind the fact that Palace, who were winless in 12, 1 win in 15 and no goals in 4 games, absolutely battered us

I'm getting so sick of the narrative in the media that Rodgers failed at Leicester because he didn't get the financial backing.  My non-LCFC friends keep saying "ah well, he didn't get the money he needed did he".   Yes it's true, there was no money to spend last summer, and that's been damaging.  But we still had a good enough team to be comfortably mid table in my opinion.  The main problem has been Rodgers, not the lack of money.  People who weren't at the games just don't get it -  eg watching Amartey play instead of Cags, for what was obviously a personal reason.  And the loss of confidence in all but Maddison (who bizarrely seems to get on with Rodgers now, although I'm sure they fell out a couple of seasons ago?).  I really really want us to win some games now - obviously to save us from relegation, but also to show people it wasn't just lack of finance that caused the problems.

4 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I'm getting so sick of the narrative in the media that Rodgers failed at Leicester because he didn't get the financial backing.  My non-LCFC friends keep saying "ah well, he didn't get the money he needed did he".   Yes it's true, there was no money to spend last summer, and that's been damaging.  But we still had a good enough team to be comfortably mid table in my opinion.  The main problem has been Rodgers, not the lack of money.  People who weren't at the games just don't get it -  eg watching Amartey play instead of Cags, for what was obviously a personal reason.  And the loss of confidence in all but Maddison (who bizarrely seems to get on with Rodgers now, although I'm sure they fell out a couple of seasons ago?).  I really really want us to win some games now - obviously to save us from relegation, but also to show people it wasn't just lack of finance that caused the problems.

even if they had backed him last summer he'd only have wasted it on crap players. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Exactly, we weren’t really expecting to fight for Europe, but we weren’t expecting to be 19th in April either… he has massively underachieved with what he does have available 

It’s not just the underachieving this season though, is it?  Sure that’s what has finally done him in, but this has been a long time coming. The utterly incomprehensible collapses in form both season when we should have finished in the top 4. Last seasons truly appalling form for most of it. Inept signings - not entirely BR’s fault. Marginalising good players. Refusing to adapt. Insane tactics and substitutions or lack thereof. He has been extraordinarily poor for a long time. This was utterly inevitable after we threw away 4th the second time for no apparent reason - other than we/he forgot how to play football. 

Of course people in the ‘business’ massage the truth, make flattering statements and generally boost themselves at the expense of others, but in this BR truly is elite. EVERYONE and EVERYTHING except BR is to blame. 

we have escaped from beneath his poisonous cloud, but there are others stealing a living on the LCFC board who need to go. The level of myopic mismanagement has been truly staggering.