Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A little concerned that a back five means we will just be too passive and sit back 

but I’m passed being overly bothered because I don’t believe in the players or the coaches 

que sera sera ……

Yes I think you have the right attitude - offload 90% of them and start again 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

We've picked the right team and right formation imo. Dropping Barnes and Maddison as we need players to work hard and be hard to beat. Nacho and Vardy too is a combination I like. 

Work hard and be hard to beat... Niddi, Soumaré and Youri. None of these 3 are either of these things. 

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

John Stones has actual technical ability, skill and can pass a ball. So I can see why it works, Souttar though lol 

Souttar has technical ability, but then again technically I do too, just not much lol

24 minutes ago, lfu said:

it's a 5-3-2 (or 5-1-2-2) 😂

24 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm pretty sure that's gonna be a 5 at the back 

Yep fair enough that's probably more likely, Sky have it as a 4312 but Souttar in the middle does sound insane 

24 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

John stones and Peps prep work. 

Souttar and the reek of smiths desperation 

Yeah I'm not a big believer in this lad, was okay those first few games (apart from his own goals lol) but he got found out pretty quick imo. Others seem to think he has potential so hopefully i'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A little concerned that a back five means we will just be too passive and sit back 

but I’m passed being overly bothered because I don’t believe in the players or the coaches 

que sera sera ……

Playing for a point, then hoping that west ham will be 3 and other results go our way ....way to negative for me.

3 minutes ago, Adrian said:

This could be genius...mind you the hold up play will have to be spot on..possession will be 30% and the full backs better be awesome

Sourtar on to score from a corner..how many corners we will get I don't know

You're hopeful of 30% possession. More like 15%

19 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Soumaré and Youri being ran past by Newcastle's midfielders is going to be ugly.

I really really hope I'm wrong.

This is what I cant get over. At least play our best DM if youre going to set up defensively.

This will be very ugly.

Just now, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-smith-explains-james-maddison-8461268

Dean Smith explains why James Maddison and Harvey Barnes on Leicester City bench at Newcastle

While Smith has admitted his focus is on the defence, he said he is not settling for a draw. He insists he is still setting up City to win.

“We decided to change it,” Smith told Sky Sports. “We need to be harder to beat. The last couple of games, we have needed lots of goals to win them so we needed to make a change. We picked a team we feel can compete.

“I had to think long and hard about it. Watching the (Newcastle) game against Brighton, the first two goals are from set-pieces and I wanted another centre-back in the team.

“They (Barnes and Maddison) were professional about it. I want them to be disappointed if they're not playing but they see the bigger picture and understand why.

“With both Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy, we're not coming here just to not get beat but to win the game. We want to create chances as well and be competitive against a good team.

“The good thing is before the weekend started it wasn't in our hands but it is for now. We want to keep it that way.”

Can’t believe the bloke didn’t think we needed to be harder to beat when we let Fulham go 4-0 up after 50 odd minutes tbqh

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-smith-explains-james-maddison-8461268

Dean Smith explains why James Maddison and Harvey Barnes on Leicester City bench at Newcastle

While Smith has admitted his focus is on the defence, he said he is not settling for a draw. He insists he is still setting up City to win.

“We decided to change it,” Smith told Sky Sports. “We need to be harder to beat. The last couple of games, we have needed lots of goals to win them so we needed to make a change. We picked a team we feel can compete.

“I had to think long and hard about it. Watching the (Newcastle) game against Brighton, the first two goals are from set-pieces and I wanted another centre-back in the team.

“They (Barnes and Maddison) were professional about it. I want them to be disappointed if they're not playing but they see the bigger picture and understand why.

“With both Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy, we're not coming here just to not get beat but to win the game. We want to create chances as well and be competitive against a good team.

“The good thing is before the weekend started it wasn't in our hands but it is for now. We want to keep it that way.”

"We want to create chances"....by taking out the two guys most likely to create chances? Okay Deano

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That would be totally against his contract, he is here to keep us up not help Newcastle lol 

Yeah, but you would never no he could just have a really shit game. 
Hard to tell if it’s because his head was turned prior to a move to a club you been repeatedly linked with, when the club you might be going to needs Champions league football 

I understand it.

He’s trying to make us harder to break down and then he’ll bring on Madders and Barnes if we haven’t conceded.

He had to do something to stop us conceding goals. If it works… genius, if it don’t, he’ll be slated, but fair play to him for trying to sort us out defensively.

Rodgers would have done nothing to change it.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

Have Newcastle struggled against muck that sit back and try and pack rhe midfield and defence? They seem to be comfortable against such teams due to how physical and tactical they can be themselves.

I feel very sick

1 minute ago, Charnwood Norris said:

Well, lets see if big 'arry can pull off a Beckenbauer

I hope that he can head the ball into an open net instead of hitting the woodwork. He's cost us 6 points on those two incidents alone. 

Come on then boys.

We can do it. 

Man for man there’s little in these 11’s/20’s. If ours step up we can win. 

I was flicking channels 15 mins ago while Jamie and Gary chatted pure sh*te and of all things NESSUN DORMA came on, live.

Gotta mean something. Let’s have it.

Yes I’m on the Kronenburgs.

• Haha 1