Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

1 minute ago, Monk said:

There’s not a single team he could have picked that would get a positive reaction.

Perhaps we should let FT pick the team , not that they would agree about anything. "Football f****g Manager" has got a lot to answer for. We have put out an experienced team of mainly Internationals , its not about formation its about attitude , they have to fight for 90 minutes and if that's not enough , so be it.

• Like 1

The lack of pace in this side is extraordinary. The lack of desire and movement from that midfield three is extraordinary. Both of those limitations against a team that presses relentlessly and is very active and aggressive all over the pitch is mind bending.

1 nil Leicester

• Haha 3

This could be genius...mind you the hold up play will have to be spot on..possession will be 30% and the full backs better be awesome

Sourtar on to score from a corner..how many corners we will get I don't know

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

I'm suffering from shitelineup-a-litus, bought on by Smith team selection announcements.

I cant watch another bonk team performance this season, it's too much, please just win dont care how either.

None of us care...a win will be a win

20 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Not sure why people are disappointed?! We’ve got two up top and trying to keep things tight at the back. 

we need to ride out the first 20 odd minutes as they come out all guns blazing every game. Dean smith has had the balls to drop madders & Barnes, these are players everybody has been calling him to drop as they have no fight. Going all out attack against these would lead to us getting slaughtered. 

Glad to see Nacho back!

I don't think anyone has a problem with 2 up top and tight at the back. The problem is the midfield 3 and to a smaller extent the left wing back. 

The most disappointing thing about the appointment of Smith is he's got no idea how he wants to play. I was actually starting to get a good feeling for Marsh reading about his footballing philosophy, he has a distinct approach and it would have been a huge leap from Brebdan-ball. God knows if it would have worked, but it would have been better than the same players doing the same things in a slightly different way to achieve the same results.

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I think he’s preying we’re still in it with 20/30 minutes to go - I fear they’ll be out of sight though - I’m still reeling from the team selection - none of those midfield 3 should be playing 

But what's the alternative,? We don't have many other options. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-smith-explains-james-maddison-8461268

Dean Smith explains why James Maddison and Harvey Barnes on Leicester City bench at Newcastle

While Smith has admitted his focus is on the defence, he said he is not settling for a draw. He insists he is still setting up City to win.

“We decided to change it,” Smith told Sky Sports. “We need to be harder to beat. The last couple of games, we have needed lots of goals to win them so we needed to make a change. We picked a team we feel can compete.

“I had to think long and hard about it. Watching the (Newcastle) game against Brighton, the first two goals are from set-pieces and I wanted another centre-back in the team.

“They (Barnes and Maddison) were professional about it. I want them to be disappointed if they're not playing but they see the bigger picture and understand why.

“With both Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy, we're not coming here just to not get beat but to win the game. We want to create chances as well and be competitive against a good team.

“The good thing is before the weekend started it wasn't in our hands but it is for now. We want to keep it that way.”