Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Smith on his selection:

"We decided to change it. We need to be harder to beat. The last couple of games, we have needed lots of goals to win them so we needed to make a change. We picked a team we feel can compete.

"I had to think long and hard about it. Watching the game against Brighton, the first two goals are from set-pieces and I wanted another centre-back in the team.

"They were professional about it. I want them to be disappointed if they're not paying but they see the bigger picture and understand why.

"With both Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy, we're not coming here just to not get beat but to win the game. We want to create chances as well and be competitive against a good team.

"The good thing is before the weekend started it wasn't in our hands but it is for now. We want to keep it that way"

Premier League LIVE: Newcastle vs Leicester score & updates - Live - BBC Sport

Dammed what ever he does, he has tried something different let’s hope it pays off. 

• Like 2

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Dammed what ever he does, he has tried something different let’s hope it pays off. 

Tbf I get that.

He'd have been pilloried if he'd gone for the same XI that stunk the place out against Liverpool. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Maddison and Barnes on the bench?

Well I don;t know if they have been playing well or not but when you need to win not sure leaving 2 of your better attacking players out is wise. 

Have you watched them recently? They've been rubbish and barely trying. 

Glad gone 3 at the back and 2 up top. Not happy Tielemans is starting but Smith praying he does one last bit of brilliance.

Barnes and Maddison out as precaution as reckon the buggers have a deal to join Newcastle in place already. 

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Souttar in midfield sounds wild but hey, John Stones has been a revelation since being able to drift forward into the midfield at City so who knows! 

John Stones has actual technical ability, skill and can pass a ball. So I can see why it works, Souttar though lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

People are going to have to start really trying to convince me this isn't all a deliberate move to shift high earners and have a financial reset at this point to be honest.

What the **** is that team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Mendy & Praet should be starting over Ndidi and Soumare.

Praet shouldn't get near the team again after that Fulham performance. He's had poor moments, but at least Soumare has done something. 

Agree about Mendy. There must be something going on there.

• Like 4

Not sure why people are disappointed?! We’ve got two up top and trying to keep things tight at the back. 

we need to ride out the first 20 odd minutes as they come out all guns blazing every game. Dean smith has had the balls to drop madders & Barnes, these are players everybody has been calling him to drop as they have no fight. Going all out attack against these would lead to us getting slaughtered. 

Glad to see Nacho back!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

He’s picked the players not to lose, grab a point here and win the last game.

But we don't have the ability to do that. He could go 5-5-0 and we'd concede twice