Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away

Is it possible that the board told Smith he’d be retained as head coach if they go down? Because his lineups, lack of meaningful in game changes, and post match comments tends to indicate this, at least in my opinion. 

Smith on his selection:

"We decided to change it. We need to be harder to beat. The last couple of games, we have needed lots of goals to win them so we needed to make a change. We picked a team we feel can compete.

"I had to think long and hard about it. Watching the game against Brighton, the first two goals are from set-pieces and I wanted another centre-back in the team.

"They were professional about it. I want them to be disappointed if they're not paying but they see the bigger picture and understand why.

"With both Kelechi Iheanacho and Jamie Vardy, we're not coming here just to not get beat but to win the game. We want to create chances as well and be competitive against a good team.

"The good thing is before the weekend started it wasn't in our hands but it is for now. We want to keep it that way"

Premier League LIVE: Newcastle vs Leicester score & updates - Live - BBC Sport

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Souttar in midfield sounds wild but hey, John Stones has been a revelation since being able to drift forward into the midfield at City so who knows! 

John stones and Peps prep work. 

Souttar and the reek of smiths desperation 

I think like most we are glad Nacho is back.

532 isn't unexpected to be honest, I didn't want Youri in the team, but other than that i can't really see what else Smith can do here, this has a 541 and fast counter written all over it.

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Souttar in midfield sounds wild but hey, John Stones has been a revelation since being able to drift forward into the midfield at City so who knows! 

I'm pretty sure that's gonna be a 5 at the back 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not learned a thing. That midfield will get outrun and outworked. We are as good as down now. 

I can see Tielemans jogging back to our goal having been dispossessed and shrugging his shoulders when they get the first. . Than Wilf giving away a pen.  Then they score from a header direct from a corner or free kick. 

I can understand the logic of this selection eight at the back and two up front basically long ball game over top for runs, with the option to bring on attacking midfielders in the 2nd half when they start to tire. We aint going to hammer them what ever side we play so frustrate, nick a goal is best hope I'd say