Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Has Fab made a typo in his tweet or is Kante getting £2m a week In Saudi?!?

Nah they're taking the piss now. Doing what China did a few years back offering stupid money. But sadly it seems like the Saudis will have more longevity with it, considering how in bed they are with so many corporations around the world. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Nah they're taking the piss now. Doing what China did a few years back offering stupid money. But sadly it seems like the Saudis will have more longevity with it, considering how in bed they are with so many corporations around the world. 

Benzema is getting £4m lol 

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Am I the only one thinking that people are going way over the top about Mac Allister? He's a good player, but I think winning the world cup has inflated people's view if him and he's being talked about likes he's one of the best in world. £35m is probably about right, you could maybe argue £5-£10m more at a push.

No, I agreed, I've thought it all along. I think being in a World Cup winning team has helped Brighton with the price but it has inflated people's views of him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No, I agreed, I've thought it all along. I think being in a World Cup winning team has helped Brighton with the price but it has inflated people's views of him.

In fairness, his stats suggest he is nearly as good as Harvey Barnes, albeit in a much better side.

27 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Lerma off to Palace.   Not sure how much of a step up that is.  

Quite a decent one. Bournemouth lost one fewer game than us and had a goal difference in the minus 30s, O'Neil was praised because they weren't a good side at all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kenny said:

In fairness, his stats suggest he is nearly as good as Harvey Barnes, albeit in a much better side.

He is Brighton's main penalty taker though, and according to the PL website he got 2 assists this season. It's not a lot really considering he's now gone for £35m+.

20 hours ago, Corky said:

Quite a decent one. Bournemouth lost one fewer game than us and had a goal difference in the minus 30s, O'Neil was praised because they weren't a good side at all.

I think they drop this season. 

On 08/06/2023 at 14:26, StanSP said:

He was quality at the World Cup though, so there's a reason why his stock and value has increased. 

He did, but I'd hoped football had moved away from judging players based on a few games in a month. We don't name player of the season in September, otherwise Almiron would have won it this season, so I'm just not sure why Mac Allister is getting increased attention based on 7 games in December. He's been good for Brighton this season, good enough to earn this move, but not so good that £35m should be seen as a steal imo.

That said, there were reports of McTominay moving for £50m, and compared to that Mac Allister is a bargain lol

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He did, but I'd hoped football had moved away from judging players based on a few games in a month. We don't name player of the season in September, otherwise Almiron would have won it this season, so I'm just not sure why Mac Allister is getting increased attention based on 7 games in December. He's been good for Brighton this season, good enough to earn this move, but not so good that £35m should be seen as a steal imo.

That said, there were reports of McTominay moving for £50m, and compared to that Mac Allister is a bargain lol

Yeah true, but I'm basing him on performances beyond December. I think he's been class for Brighton majority of the season. 

£35m is pretty good value considering I think Liverpool will get a good few seasons out of him and I think he'll fit perfectly in that side. 

On 08/06/2023 at 17:08, Corky said:

That's fair.   Cannot argue against that.  My knowledge of football is more superficial nowdays now that I got a young kid 😂

On 08/06/2023 at 12:06, Fox92 said:

See us and Maguire 

• Like 1

Thought I'd pop this here; seems pretty much all round opinion that the production wasn't great. Assume next year there'll be wholesale changes to everything.

Did link to an interesting interview with Humphrey, seems like a man trying to help but going about it in a proper partridge way

Carlo Ancelotti, the Real Madrid coach and former manager of Everton, is suing the Premier League club in London’s high court.

Three Everton board members leave and Bill Kenwright expected to follow

Read more

The move appears to be the latest blow to Everton, who have endured a series of financial struggles in recent years including a three-year effort to raise funds to complete the building of their new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Ancelotti’s lawyers filed the coach’s claim against his former employers late on Friday, according to court records. It relates to “general commercial contracts and arrangements” and is listed to be heard in the commercial court.

There were no further details provided about the basis of Ancelotti’s claim, which has kicked off two years after he left Goodison following an 18‑month spell. Ancelotti’s lawyers said they had no comment. Everton have not returned the Guardian’s calls requesting comment.

News of Ancelotti’s claim emerged on a day of upheaval at Everton, who announced that three directors had left. The chairman, Bill Kenwright, is also thought to be preparing to leave in the next 48 hours in what is seen as a signal on Merseyside that fresh investment may finally be on its way from the New York‑based MSP Sports Capital.

13 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Thought I'd pop this here; seems pretty much all round opinion that the production wasn't great. Assume next year there'll be wholesale changes to everything.

Did link to an interesting interview with Humphrey, seems like a man trying to help but going about it in a proper partridge way

Man I ****ing love Humphries. He inspires me to be the best version of myself every single day...

• Haha 4

On 06/06/2023 at 16:53, AjcW said:

Has Fab made a typo in his tweet or is Kante getting £2m a week In Saudi?!?

Last I read, the guy is still driving his used Mini ?!

Either he is building up one hell of a bank account to buy a club, or his agents and hangers-on are living the life and then some.