Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Yeah but it's valuable content :nigel:

The problem with it is these folk get greedy. The sentence is a joke but making 7 million quid out of it is asking for trouble.

Torn on Postecoglu from here and I'm a big advocate of Scottish football, where I think success is ultimately too easily written off if you're managing one of the Old Firm. Bloke undoubtedly got Celtic playing some absolutely phenomenal stuff, slap nigh on any Scottish Prem game past couple of seasons and it's like they're playing a different sport – and the guy and his staff clearly have an eye for a player.

But, like them or loathe them (or are indifferent to them) – Spurs are a massive jump from Celtic, they have expectations now that have been hard enough to keep pace with as it is, now they need to get the inevitable Kane replacement right because the bloke somehow got 30 league goals playing with a bunch of shite arses, Newcastle have joined the party and Chelsea simply can't be as bad as they have been this season.

• Like 1

My own early and pointless predictions.

Top four

Man City

Man United

Newcastle

Arsenal

Europa League

Chelsea

UECL

Liverpool

Relegation 

Wolves

Forest

Luton

5 hours ago, Bilo said:

My own early and pointless predictions.

Top four

Man City

Man United

Newcastle

Arsenal

Europa League

Chelsea

UECL

Liverpool

Relegation 

Wolves

Forest

Luton

Moreorless mine, too.

But have something at the back of my mind that Everton will get deducted a couple of points (hopefully)..

Think they'll struggle again and will predict that they'll go down.

Literally just noticed (I've not been following the Championship at all since we got Promoted) that Sheffield United are owned by a Saudi Prince and the former head of the Saudi Sporting Fund. 

Morality of his ownership of the club aside, that has to be a conflict with Newcastle? Surely that's not private wealth either, is it nor just more Saudi state funds playing make believe as "oh that's not our money honest"? 

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Early and pointless predictions:

Champions: Man City

Top four:

Man City
Liverpool

Man United 

Newcastle

Europa League:

Arsenal

Villa

Conference League:

Chelsea

Relegation:

Wolves

Sheffield United

Luton

Swap Bournemouth with Sheffield United and thats similar to what I think

How we do next season will depend on what we spend in the summer and how we sort out the striker position. 

I think if Lopetegui was leaving he'd have probably walked by now. Fingers crossed they come to some agreement about spending. 

Our form under Lopetegui would put us top 10 over a season. If we can get a semi-useful striker, or Kalajdzic comes back from injury and looks good, there's no reason we can't do that. 

On 28/05/2023 at 21:41, Koke said:

Harry Kane scores 30 league goals in a pathetic Tottenham side. This man is sensational.

It's twice now he's scored 30 and not even won the golden boot.

If he was in Man City's side he'd be pushing 40 goals, he's incredible.

There's so many poor teams in the league now that one of Burnley/Sheffield Utd/Luton is gonna stay up.

I can't see all three going down given Forest/Bournemouth are still in the league and that's on top of Wolves/Everton and possibly even Fulham, I'll be interested to see how they get on.

On 30/05/2023 at 16:48, adam said:

11 years one of them got. This country is mental.

Seemingly and was it ever different the judiciary  view money  more or as important as life.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Forest already spending it seems.

Got to pay 15 million for Chris Wood as part of the loan agreement with  Newcastle. 

They will probably hope he manages to stay fit at least for a bit. 

Newcastle weaken a relegation rival in Burnley

Newcastle get a few goals in the process

Newcastle sell him for the same price they got him for when the club have outgrown the player

Got to say Newcastle have played a blinder with Chris Wood.