Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

He has the exact opposite issue to Martin Tyler - every match is the champions league final, Norwich score against Barrow in a pre season friendly and he screams at the top of his lungs and recites a pre-written aphorism.

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

He has the exact opposite issue to Martin Tyler - every match is the champions league final, Norwich score against Barrow in a pre season friendly and he screams at the top of his lungs and recites a pre-written aphorism.

I'd have really liked Arlo White to have done it.

No bias, just because he's a Leicester fan, he's actually one of the best commentators around.

I miss him on those dodgy American streams!

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65945030

That's outrageous. 

Genuinely good players going out there, just for the money??

@The Bear?

Couldn't get the super League over here, just build it somewhere else. 

Won't take long for the masses to go, only take a few to go (on massive money) and players will soon follow. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Couldn't get the super League over here, just build it somewhere else. 

Won't take long for the masses to go, only take a few to go (on massive money) and players will soon follow. 

It'll never be a legacy though will it?

Franchise football. Arguably with blood on your hands.

I'm fully aware that English football was awful 30 years ago. Italy was the place to be. 

Spain can argue La Liga is just as good as the Premier League. 

But Saudi Arabia? Come on. 

Not having it. Hopefully it fizzles out like the Chinese League did, but that was because of salary caps.

Sick of these oil rich billionaires buying sport. See Golf.

29 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd have really liked Arlo White to have done it.

No bias, just because he's a Leicester fan, he's actually one of the best commentators around.

I miss him on those dodgy American streams!

His hands are now bloodied, having sold his soul to the sportswashing Saudis.

Perfect for a Premier League Sky gig then tbf.

• Like 1

Just now, Brizzle Fox said:

His hands are now bloodied, having sold his soul to the sportswashing Saudis.

Perfect for a Premier League Sky gig then tbf.

Good point.

And there's me slagging off the Saudi's in another post.

I wasn't aware he'd done that to be honest. 

He wants to join Barcelona but they can't take him right now. So he moves to Saudi for a year, makes a mint, we get the max money for him, and next summer he probably joins Barca under a Mendes/Laporta promise. 

Ultimately if he's leaving I couldn't care less where he goes as long as we get the most we can for him. 

As for players going over there, this situation is unique in that we need him to leave but he's waiting for a specific club. Can't see any others doing the same in the prime of their career. 

If a player like Neves can go for that much with only a year left on his contract, I'll be even more annoyed if we get about £35-40m for a truly creative player with good numbers like Maddison. 

I rate Neves as a decent player but surprised that Barca would have liked to take him. Seems on a similar level to Youri to me. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

It'll never be a legacy though will it?

Franchise football. Arguably with blood on your hands.

I'm fully aware that English football was awful 30 years ago. Italy was the place to be. 

Spain can argue La Liga is just as good as the Premier League. 

But Saudi Arabia? Come on. 

Not having it. Hopefully it fizzles out like the Chinese League did, but that was because of salary caps.

Sick of these oil rich billionaires buying sport. See Golf.

Players will follow money and this is stupid stupid money. Just look who has already gone and now getting linked. 

Ronaldo

Benezma 

Kante 

Neves, Marhez, Ziyech all linked this week and all look likely to go. 

These (other than Ronaldo) all been done before July! 

Can see another 5-10 going this transfer window. It makes me wonder which English player will be first, Kyle Walker maybe.

It is like China but these have serious cash (that actually exists) and aren't scared to flaunt it.

It won't be long until Sky get the rights and it's all shown live. It goes on like this for 3-5 years and it will dominate football. 

It may be the last nail in footballs coffin.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Players will follow money and this is stupid stupid money. Just look who has already gone and now getting linked. 

Ronaldo

Benezma 

Kante 

Can see another 5-10 going this transfer window. It makes me wonder which English player will be first, Kyle Walker maybe.

It is like China but these have serious cash (that actually exists) and aren't scared to flaunt it.

It won't be long until Sky get the rights and it's all shown live. It goes on like this for 3-5 years and it will dominate football. 

Doubt it, unless they pull in some European teams.

Doubt my European football fans will watch it.

It really is beyond a joke these players going to Saudi Arabia. I totally get that they are being offered a disgusting amount of money, but how much money does one person need? They already get paid obscene amounts playing in Europe. The pure greed in football from broadcasters to players is just killing the game. The average Joe fan like ourselves are expected to pay ridiculous prices for either match tickets or to watch games on TV when so many can't even afford  the basic cost of living these days. Football is the only sport I've ever really been interested in throughout my life (I'm 36 now) and it makes me sad that I feel like I'm being pushed away from the sport I love. Nobody gives 2 fcks about us fans. The players don't, the clubs don't and the broadcasters certainly don't. So long as they all get their greedy snouts in the trough, everyone else can get to fck, seems the mentality in football these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Ronaldo

Benezma 

Kante 

Plus I think it would be a lot more desirable than living in China, it's turning into Dubai plus I bet there is quite a few high profile Islam footballers within Europes leagues

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

@The Bear has explained the neves thing 

he’ll very likely go to Barca in a year

wolves need the fee rather than him leaving on a free next summer 

now most agents would be telling their clients to sit tight for the final year but mendes is involved at wolves so has orchestrated a deal whereby the Saudis get a player in his prime for a year and they cover what neves will lose by not going on a free. Wolves don’t miss out and infact get more than they would have elsewhere 

• Like 2