Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

I think that's what he means. Teams like Plymouth, Hull and Rotherham will be desperate to prove a point against us and/or park the bus if we keep players like Iheanacho and KDH to avoid getting spanked.

Hull have already done it to us before in 2016, I guess the difference is not many players will still be at the club next season whereas when we won the league we pretty much had the same team the following season.

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah, it's not for me, sorry. 

lol I don’t mind the montage too much, my only gripe is that it’s not really changed in about 5 years now - at least mix it up a little. 

They’ll definitely still run it next season, mind.

12 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

lol I don’t mind the montage too much, my only gripe is that it’s not really changed in about 5 years now - at least mix it up a little. 

Least it'll have a new meaning for a new set of players about what we are as a club, and what they can be a part of again.

16 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

And it'll be the same next season because there's fvck all to add from this one lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Quite the opposite, we will been seen as a big scalp for a lot of teams. Expect them to up their game with a point to prove against what is regarded as a big club to them.

Our recent success has elevated our status but I am sure the likes of Ipswich, Sheffield Wed.  and West Brom do not think of us as any bigger than them. They are teams with history and we will have to compete as equals. We have or are losing our best players, Evans, Vardy, Tielemans , Maddison and quite probably Barnes so replacing them with equals is not going to be easy at all. The opposition will be fierce and we are going to be tested in nearly every match.

No rational person could expect the Championship to be a walk in the park !  It will be extremely difficult but I see it as an opportunity for the club to get back on track & stop looking for the quick easy fix. 

The club seemed to have lost their identity & I think the Championship will help us regain our personality..

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday away first game, Vardy playing at Hilsborough for the first time?

Leicester favourites to win Division 2, 6/1 but probably 7/1 on the exchanges https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner Sunderland would be a good value bet.

Clubs can sell from 14 June, the following few weeks will be difficult to watch as no one will come in before someone is sold, then who??

6 minutes ago, lcfceed said:

Sheffield Wednesday away first game, Vardy playing at Hilsborough for the first time?

Pretty sure he would have played when we lost there in 13/14 - a rare miserable day that season, think they’d just sacked their manager and were bottom

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Pretty sure he would have played when we lost there in 13/14 - a rare miserable day that season, think they’d just sacked their manager and were bottom

He did, and we remained top after that game.

5 hours ago, lcfceed said:

Leicester favourites to win Division 2, 6/1 but probably 7/1 on the exchanges https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner Sunderland would be a good value bet.

Clubs can sell from 14 June, the following few weeks will be difficult to watch as no one will come in before someone is sold, then who??

The last paragraph is my biggest concern. Other clubs will act quick and ultimately we miss out on key targets.

I've slowly come round to accepting our fate and in a way I'm starting to look forward to watching us next season, hoping that we start winning some games again. Granted come August it may be hello football reality but I'm more optimistic that we will do better than worse. 

12 minutes ago, stu said:

Warra shock! I wonder how much he has cost dirty Leeds?

They appear to be in more of a mess than we are with the owners antics and takeover hiatus.

500k apparently 

On 31/05/2023 at 14:49, An Sionnach said:

Our recent success has elevated our status but I am sure the likes of Ipswich, Sheffield Wed.  and West Brom do not think of us as any bigger than them. They are teams with history and we will have to compete as equals. We have or are losing our best players, Evans, Vardy, Tielemans , Maddison and quite probably Barnes so replacing them with equals is not going to be easy at all. The opposition will be fierce and we are going to be tested in nearly every match.

I've seen Ipswich live this season and I can tell you – they're a well-coached, motivated, dynamic team. Some decent players too and I'm sure they'll do some business over the summer to add to that. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them in contention for a play off spot. Burnley played them in the FA Cup and only got a 0-0 at theirs – then narrowly beat them with a 94th minute goal at home. Kompany said it was the toughest team they'd faced all season. 

9 hours ago, stu said:

Warra shock! I wonder how much he has cost dirty Leeds?

They appear to be in more of a mess than we are with the owners antics and takeover hiatus.

If any of the three relegated sides completely flop, I have a feeling it might be Leeds. A lack of quality players to sell to fund a rebuild, more defensively fragile than us and owners who want out with seemingly few offers. 

Southampton and us might go big.