Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm going to guess based on his Twitter bio that Juan Martinez may not be an entirely trustworthy source

Imagine posting a parody account on here as genuine news!

Pearson doing pearson things… picking up rob dickie for a pittance of his value is an excellent move! 

Linked with prem sides for multimillions not too long ago, suffered with the rest of the squad with the manager switch but clearly the best they’ve got.  Not an area we likely need someone but a very good deal for them. 

Please come home Nige! 

Edited by Lambert09

On 29/05/2023 at 08:14, LCFCCHRIS said:

Has anyone ever watched any games on ifollow legit or streaming? Is it every game shown? Is there a commentary team? Genuinely curious. 

You can only watch certain matches in England on ifollow.  The Sat ones aren't allowed and i'm not positive but I think ones shown on Sky.  You can watch them abroad so you need a VPN if you are in England.  I watched all of Burnley's that I didn't go to as they are all streamed.  I think it was £10 to watch them through the club. They also show a few on the red button on Sky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leicester City will discover their 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship fixture schedule on Thursday 22 June.

The Foxes return to the second tier next season and, ahead of the new campaign, the English Football League have already confirmed some key arrangements for 2023/24.

Please see below for some key dates and information for next season…

Fixture release day

City and the other 23 Championship sides will learn their full schedule of fixtures at 9am on Thursday 22 June. LCFC.com and @LCFC social media channels will be the first place for Foxes supporters to start planning their 2023/24 travels. 

The season's start date

The Championship campaign begins on the weekend of Saturday 5 August. 

2023/24 Championship composition

Southampton and Leeds United were also relegated from the Premier League, while Plymouth Argyle, Ipswich Town and Sheffield Wednesday earned promotion from Sky Bet League 1. 

A list of all 2023/23 Championship clubs is as follows: Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Huddersfield Town, Hull City, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Plymouth Argyle, Preston North End, Queens Park Rangers, Rotherham United, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford, West Bromwich Albion.

Cup competitions

Leicester will enter the Carabao Cup at the first-round stage, which is planned to take place on the week commencing Monday 7 August. Round dates are yet to be finalised for the Emirates FA Cup – which City will enter in the third round as per previous seasons. 

Pre-season plans

Although there a more dates to be finalised, including domestic pre-season friendlies, it has already been announced that the Club will embark on a tour of Southeast Asia this summer. The Foxes take on Tottenham Hotspur in Bangkok on Sunday 23 July (11am BST kick-off) before tackling Liverpool on Sunday 30 July in Singapore (10am BST kick-off). 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2023 at 20:13, Wortho said:

I’d like us to sign Gustavo Hamer from Coventry.

Were in contact with his agent along with 2 other Premier League clubs towards the end of the season. Would have been a strong possibility if we stayed up, but won’t happen now 

On 06/06/2023 at 04:24, Lambert09 said:

Pearson doing pearson things… picking up rob dickie for a pittance of his value is an excellent move! 

Dickie and Atkinson will be a really solid CB partnership for them next year. Think this is them spending some Scott money early and they'll lack goals but he's a sensible operator that's for sure.

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

Dickie and Atkinson will be a really solid CB partnership for them next year. Think this is them spending some Scott money early and they'll lack goals but he's a sensible operator that's for sure.

Wells, Weimann, Conway, Bell, Mehmeti, Sykes... 

I don't think we will lack goals. The defence needed addressing with Baker retiring, Da Silva going and Kalas likely to follow. (all high earners).

With Dickie, McCrorie and potentially Haydon Roberts coming in to add to Vyner, Tanner, Pring and Atkinson ( when he returns), plus others on the periphery, the defence is looking far stronger and the wage bill cut yet again. Also allows Kal Naismith to move up into midfield, where we can utilise his passing and he's less of a ****ing liability. 🤣

Exciting times, potentially. Be interesting to see who you guys get in charge and how your squad shapes up. Imagine you will be top six, but have hope we will at least be challenging for it 

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LVFox said:

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Wells, Weimann, Conway, Bell, Mehmeti, Sykes... 

I don't think we will lack goals. The defence needed addressing with Baker retiring, Da Silva going and Kalas likely to follow. (all high earners).

With Dickie, McCrorie and potentially Haydon Roberts coming in to add to Vyner, Tanner, Pring and Atkinson ( when he returns), plus others on the periphery, the defence is looking far stronger and the wage bill cut yet again. Also allows Kal Naismith to move up into midfield, where we can utilise his passing and he's less of a ****ing liability. 🤣

Exciting times, potentially. Be interesting to see who you guys get in charge and how your squad shapes up. Imagine you will be top six, but have hope we will at least be challenging for it 

Agree with the second post.  We should be fearful of a pearson side given time to build. Could be the surprise package this year.  Especially if they replace scott well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Where’s Scott gone?

Nowhere yet. I think what we are spending at the moment is actually the Semenyo money. 

Not altogether given up hope of keeping Scott next season, although if a club he likes comes in with 25-30 million, he will of course be gone.

• Like 1