Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is an interesting theory, Id like to thing Top is fuming and eager to put this all right. Pay the best advisers get the best people in.

KP have invested a huge amount in a training facility, not for a championship club, the designed a new stand and facilities not for a championship club. Their Asset has dropped from being a 200 million club to probably a 50 million one. It make sense to get that back is if they ever sell the club its hugely more attractive in the Premier League. 

I'd be livid at Rodger, I hope they have learned serious lessons and become better and stronger due to it. 

Damn that Rodger!

On 29/05/2023 at 07:12, 80footgiraffe said:

Just a sign of how little I’ve watched of the EFL since promotion, how does broadcasting work nowadays? I know there is the highlight show on Channel 5 or something, but are most / all games broadcast live across the world if not in UK or are we looking at a lot of radio again? I know there has been a landmark deal for 24/25 but hopefully we won’t have to worry much about that anyway

Will be streams.

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Looking forward to not having to hear the media banging on and on about the big 6/7..

Looking forward to not having to suffer VAR. 

Looking forward to not having corrupt officiating blatantly biased towards the rich clubs. 

The PL has become a farce. 

I won't miss watching it one bit. 

Horseshit. Why on earth did you bother watching us in the Premier League if that's your opinion of the Premier League?

You know the media will bang on about the big 6/7 anyway? You could've tuned yourself out of that talk when we were there? We got more than enough coverage when we won the title... more than enough. Coverage is based on revenues and popularity. How you've got to the age you are at and not realised this I will never know.

VAR will still be in the Championship PO final. There will still be VAR in the FA Cup depending on the ground we compete at. I GUARANTEE someone on here next season says "if we had VAR it would have been a penalty" at one point. VAR is not going away. If you want it to go away best to go see Coalville Town or Anstey Nomads.

Could you please provide evidence in your tin foil hat for the corrupt officials? Also, if the league is so corrupt... again, why are you watching the league? Surely rigged sports shouldn't be given the time of day? Why are you watching it? Very strange attitude. Also just to reiterate, I'd report that evidence of corrupt officials to the FA or the police, they'd have something to say. Though ofc leave out the rigged officiating that helped us win the league. Or did they not have rigged officials in 2015/16??

Premier League is not perfect but why on Earth do you want to consign us to the lower league forever? This place is a hellhole and I bet you'll be moaning about the referees next season as the standard of officiating is "pathetic" or whatever. You'll be moaning at Sky moving yet another game to Friday night, or Sunderland away on Saturday 12:30pm.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Excellent post. 

The Premier League is eating itself. It's a product that's purely for the 'Big 6'. Everyone else is a by product. 

Of course, like all of us l didn't want relegation (and the officiating isn't at all good in The Championship !), but we deserve it. 

Hopefully we recruit well, dump the deadwood, get a decent manager in a.s.a.p. & give it a go. 

Hopefully by the time we get back the 'entitled 7' will have fvcked off to join their European Greed League!!... Best thing that could happen for the game! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Excellent post. 

The Premier League is eating itself. It's a product that's purely for the 'Big 6'. Everyone else is a by product. 

Of course, like all of us l didn't want relegation (and the officiating isn't at all good in The Championship !), but we deserve it. 

Hopefully we recruit well, dump the deadwood, get a decent manager in a.s.a.p. & give it a go. 

Fulham have shown that a total reset can be a tonic. Went down with a stinking squad, stormed the Championship and then stayed up with sufficient ease to feel unfortunate they missed out on Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Horseshit. Why on earth did you bother watching us in the Premier League if that's your opinion of the Premier League?

You know the media will bang on about the big 6/7 anyway? You could've tuned yourself out of that talk when we were there? We got more than enough coverage when we won the title... more than enough. Coverage is based on revenues and popularity. How you've got to the age you are at and not realised this I will never know.

VAR will still be in the Championship PO final. There will still be VAR in the FA Cup depending on the ground we compete at. I GUARANTEE someone on here next season says "if we had VAR it would have been a penalty" at one point. VAR is not going away. If you want it to go away best to go see Coalville Town or Anstey Nomads.

Could you please provide evidence in your tin foil hat for the corrupt officials? Also, if the league is so corrupt... again, why are you watching the league? Surely rigged sports shouldn't be given the time of day? Why are you watching it? Very strange attitude. Also just to reiterate, I'd report that evidence of corrupt officials to the FA or the police, they'd have something to say. Though ofc leave out the rigged officiating that helped us win the league. Or did they not have rigged officials in 2015/16??

Premier League is not perfect but why on Earth do you want to consign us to the lower league forever? This place is a hellhole and I bet you'll be moaning about the referees next season as the standard of officiating is "pathetic" or whatever. You'll be moaning at Sky moving yet another game to Friday night, or Sunderland away on Saturday 12:30pm.

I'll watch us playing in any league.. Doesn't have to be the farcical PL!! 

If you haven't seen blatant biases towards the 'money teams' in the PL then I suggest you make an urgent appointment at Specsavers!!... Or perhaps it's a matter of you removing your blinkers? 

TBF you will probably be saying if there was VAR then if you are at the end of a poor decision.

But that is just a natural reaction and as we know VAR wouldn’t definitely over turn an obvious looking error .

And you won’t have to hang around waiting .

• Like 3

I'm not going to lose any sleep over replacing VAR with subpar officials. I probably have to go back to Iheanacho claiming the win against Everton with its help for the last time I think it worked in our favour without at least some hint of dubious decision making behind the call. Even the FA Cup win, you can ask what it was playing at - I think we got very lucky with both Perez' handball being ignored and Chilwell being called off by millimetres - such a small amount that I still don't see it now, as hilarious as the Chelsea meltdown was.

There have been enough examples of VAR being so poorly implemented that it's actively detrimental to the game - whether that was calling players offside by a dick hair, or unnecessary checks for stuff that was bleeding obviously a goal, delaying celebrations or making them null and void.

I'm tired of having to wait one, even two minutes to celebrate a goal, or the false hope of having other teams' goals checked for the sake of checking (happened twice against Liverpool a few weeks back). It almost ruined the playoff final this year too, right call or not. I'm glad those Luton players and fans got to celebrate properly in the end.

It's just a part of the corporate, opaque mess the PL has become. It's going to be refreshing to watch linesmen actually do their job instead of rely on robots again. And then hurl abuse at them when they get it wrong, as it should be. :P

Edited by OntarioFox

The championship will be a long hard slog, mentality will be so important, we can ill afford some of our entitled, pampered pooches thinking they are too good for this level. The club has reeked of complacency since the FA Cup win and we desperately need a reset in mentality and approach. This group has lost its hunger and desire. 

53 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hey, every cloud moment...

Just realised there's absolutely no chance the club play that ****ing stupid video before kick of anymore next season..... is there?!?! :blush:

Be careful what you wish for - I'm sure they can come up with something worse :P 

• Haha 1

If we do end up managing to sort ourselves out, and get some good money in for the players we sell, and end up spending a fair bit of cash to get out of the division, buying players that are either ready to move on to the premier league or too good to be in that division.. you can bet your bottom dollar that we will be bitched about every weekend by every other clubs. 

We will become a heavyweight, and we are likely there to be shot at. So whilst you won’t have the “big 6” waffle, you will probably get the “Leicester and Leeds buying promotion is not fair” waffle. 

Either way you’ll all be sick of it by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

You can guarantee that nobody is going to give us a jot of undeserved respect , we will be ripped into like any other team. We have new methods and a different mentality to learn. Don't be surprised if we start the season moderately.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If we do end up managing to sort ourselves out, and get some good money in for the players we sell, and end up spending a fair bit of cash to get out of the division, buying players that are either ready to move on to the premier league or too good to be in that division.. you can bet your bottom dollar that we will be bitched about every weekend by every other clubs. 

We will become a heavyweight, and we are likely there to be shot at. So whilst you won’t have the “big 6” waffle, you will probably get the “Leicester and Leeds buying promotion is not fair” waffle. 

Either way you’ll all be sick of it by the end of the season. 

Good. Can take that for 1 year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Hey, every cloud moment...

Just realised there's absolutely no chance the club play that ****ing stupid video before kick of anymore next season..... is there?!?! :blush:

Which one? 

The historical montage one? 

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You can guarantee that nobody is going to give us a jot of undeserved respect , we will be ripped into like any other team. We have new methods and a different mentality to learn. Don't be surprised if we start the season moderately.

Quite the opposite, we will been seen as a big scalp for a lot of teams. Expect them to up their game with a point to prove against what is regarded as a big club to them.

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Quite the opposite, we will been seen as a big scalp for a lot of teams. Expect them to up their game with a point to prove against what is regarded as a big club to them.

I think that's what he means. Teams like Plymouth, Hull and Rotherham will be desperate to prove a point against us and/or park the bus if we keep players like Iheanacho and KDH to avoid getting spanked.

I’d argue in terms of recent history, we are the biggest club to play in the championship. So we are absolutely there to be shot at. And I’m quietly confident that we are going to build a team that will eventually be able to operate in the premier league. We’re gonna piss a lot of teams off in the process, but frankly I couldn’t give two shits….. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Excellent post. 

Good points about the Premier League.  Of course rather be in as everyone wants highest status. It is though a right old carve up for the super rich. I know there are parachute payments (not that the team will benefit) but the Championship does seem a more honest competition 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d argue in terms of recent history, we are the biggest club to play in the championship. So we are absolutely there to be shot at. And I’m quietly confident that we are going to build a team that will eventually be able to operate in the premier league. We’re gonna piss a lot of teams off in the process, but frankly I couldn’t give two shits….. 

Good.

I hope we do.

Sod being plucky, likeable Leicester.

We need to get rid of those who don't want to be here for as much money as possible, get the dead wood off the books and let the other 23 teams cry about how we're buying the league as we keep Nacho and/or Daka to dominate the division, throw our financial weight around to outbid promotion rivals and hopefully get some nasty bastards in defence and midfield to make us truly horrible to play against.

If we go up with 100 points and everyone in the league hating us, that's better than finishing seventh with everyone praising us for trying to do it 'tHe RiGhT WaY.'

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Good.

I hope we do.

Sod being plucky, likeable Leicester.

We need to get rid of those who don't want to be here for as much money as possible, get the dead wood off the books and let the other 23 teams cry about how we're buying the league as we keep Nacho and/or Daka to dominate the division, throw our financial weight around to outbid promotion rivals and hopefully get some nasty bastards in defence and midfield to make us truly horrible to play against.

If we go up with 100 points and everyone in the league hating us, that's better than finishing seventh with everyone praising us for trying to do it 'tHe RiGhT WaY.'

I’m with you, I’d rather we walk it and piss everyone else off in the process, poaching a few top young championship players along the way. We need to have a look a Fulham. They were excellent when they went down did all of the right things, and put together a really good team that performed when it came back up. That’s what we need to do, look at getting players who’s quality transfers to the premier league. 

A bit like Wolves did too, I may be wrong, but didn’t they have both Jota and Neves playing in the championship?