Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Head says we’ll cruise it. 
Heart keeps telling me that we were 10+ points clear of 5th place twice consecutively and blew top 4 in the pl. 

One game at a time. 

We didn’t keep 4th and finished 5th 

does that mean we will be runners up then?

so not a disaster …….

36 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

We are 9pts clear that is a big gap, if Man City were 9pts clear at the top of the prem would you put your money on second and third?

With a massive goal advantage so that’s pretty much 1 point aswell.

• Like 1

Leeds vs leicester

Hull vs Leicester

Leicester vs Southampton

Southamton vs Ipswich

Leeds vs Southampton..

So if all these games go to our advantage,there

are other teams that might upset,not just our apple-cart

but also the other 3 chasing..

Edited by fuchsntf

BTW is there some deep seated trauma that is making you guys so worried? You're 9 points (practically 10 because of goal difference) clear of 3rd and on track for the biggest ever points total, but there seems to be a lot of worry on here from some people. I'd get it if it was Friday night and Leeds just thrashed you (please don't let that happen)*, but there seems to be a few people writing you off and preparing for the worst already which is frankly bizarre. Also, even if the worst came to pass against Leeds, it's still a 6 point gap with 12 games to go. Hardly panic stations IMO :dunno:

*Seriously don't, give them a nice demoralising 4-0 thrashing and let us get back in the top 2.

• Like 4

Not that I've followed the championship for the last decade, but this promotion battle must be the best ever. 

Runaway leaders tracking for record points total may well not be promoted until 2 or 3 games out, and that's if things go well. 

Then three teams battling for second, (and pressuring first into a potential meltdown).all three conceivably get 98-102 points....and.might not be promoted!

Extraordinary really 

16 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

I believe the concussion was actually to the Rotherham player in the first half. My understanding is that to ensure fairness, an additional sub is granted to both sides when a concussion is sustained.

How does that ensure fairness?  - the concussed team don't have any choice, whereas the opposition can swap out whoever they like.  One team has to bring on a replacement or will go down a man, the other team can make a tactical change.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

How does that ensure fairness?  - the concussed team don't have any choice, whereas the opposition can swap out whoever they like.  One team has to bring on a replacement or will go down a man, the other team can make a tactical change.

Also the concussion may not be honest,one could fool the the doctor..
just to gain tactical  advantage…So rules gives a balance.

And YES players/managers,  do play that type of game.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

BTW is there some deep seated trauma that is making you guys so worried? You're 9 points (practically 10 because of goal difference) clear of 3rd and on track for the biggest ever points total, but there seems to be a lot of worry on here from some people. I'd get it if it was Friday night and Leeds just thrashed you (please don't let that happen)*, but there seems to be a few people writing you off and preparing for the worst already which is frankly bizarre. Also, even if the worst came to pass against Leeds, it's still a 6 point gap with 12 games to go. Hardly panic stations IMO :dunno:

*Seriously don't, give them a nice demoralising 4-0 thrashing and let us get back in the top 2.

Yes, twice :frantics:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

Being a Leicester fan = deep-seated trauma

So yes. Our default position is worried. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I think the Leeds and Hull away games will be better for us than the home ones…. The emphasis will be on the home teams and we can play a counter style 

I agree. I think it will be better. I would express it that they will be going in confident and looking to attack leaving space for us to attack if we are in our game. We need to be sharper in passing and movement and make sure we win those duels. Boro held tight, weathered the storm and went ahead and then relied on a compact shape and defended well. First goal will be key to this one as it was at our place but I think many will see us as underdogs and Leeds themselves in particular. . 

36 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

With a massive goal advantage so that’s pretty much 1 point aswell.

I'm never sure how true this really is because if we do lose a 9 point advantage you'd think there would've been a significant swing anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 14:11, Fear Of The Fox said:

Why do we want Ipswich to lose? Isn't it better for us to have them in the mix for 2nd place applying more pressure to Southampton and Leeds? 🤔

On 10/02/2024 at 14:11, ARM1968 said:

Are we actually celebrating Ipswich losing?  I’d prefer them to win personally and keep the three chasers concentrating on each other. 

Just remembered this debate from last weekend! 

Tonight was why loads of us wanted Ipswich to lose, wanting them out the top 2 race, then we’re just relying on Saints or Leeds form to dip for 3/4 games and we’re up. 

If Ipswich had won that game rather than drew we’d be 7 points ahead of them, which is a lot but not enough for me to say yeah we’ve finished above them. 9 points is a nice cushion.  

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

I think the Leeds and Hull away games will be better for us than the home ones…. The emphasis will be on the home teams and we can play a counter style 

Dead right. Wonder which big game player, who is a proven counter master, and our leading scorer, should Enzo pick to start on Friday?

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm never sure how true this really is because if we do lose a 9 point advantage you'd think there would've been a significant swing anyway.

For Leeds yeah, but not for Ipswich. They aren’t gonna overturn a 22 goal difference deficit, even if they match us on points. 

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

For Leeds yeah, but not for Ipswich. They aren’t gonna overturn a 22 goal difference deficit, even if they match us on points. 

I can't rule out we're going to lose 8-0 at Elland Road.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

We have previous for surrendering a comfortable points lead.

I think we'll lose on Friday but will still pick up enough points in the remaining games to win the league.

50 minutes ago, Wigston Tractor Boy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9612211/amp/Leicester-spent-incredible-567-DAYS-Premier-Leagues-four-two-seasons.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2